Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is It Disrespectful to Miami?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    See, this is where your bias comes in. It's not about Miami. It's about the idea of rubbing in losing to a team.

Like I said, imagine if this was reversed and Dallas had be disrespected like that.

If we can criticize Wade dunking at the end of the Philly series or LeBron celebrating after beating Boston as disrespectful, what should be made of something like this?
    It wouldn't have been about that except for the lockout. Tough luck. Same as it would be if the situation were reversed, or regardless what teams were involved.

I'm not biased. The premise is insipid.

The NBA has become pussified enough. Let's not start worrying about feelings.

boo hoo hoo... they don't deserve to be disrespected

WHINY BITCHES...

See, this is where your bias comes in. It's not about Miami. It's about the idea of rubbing in losing to a team.

Like I said, imagine if this was reversed and Dallas had be disrespected like that.

If we can criticize Wade dunking at the end of the Philly series or LeBron celebrating after beating Boston as disrespectful, what should be made of something like this?
    Lol ... the Heat don't wann be disrespected,blow them out likt the Bulls did them by 42 for the 06 season opener. The lockout is over yet there is still crying. We should bring the lockout back, that ay the Heat won't be disrespected.

What the hell did I just read from the original poster!?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Lol ... the Heat don't wann be disrespected,blow them out likt the Bulls did them by 42 for the 06 season opener. The lockout is over yet there is still crying. We should bring the lockout back, that way the Heat won't be disrespected.
    Things do seem to work out much better for them when there's no basketball actually being played.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

I knew this would have a hard time being discussed on an intelligent level. The LeBron Derangement Syndrome clouds everything.

I'm not asking for any game to be moved. I said, several times, that I can't wait to watch the game.

My question was about the reaction to the idea of Miami opening this way. In fact, you've all kinda proven my point. The idea of Miami having to be somewhat disrespected in this way is okay with everyone because of some overblown wrong that they've done.

The problem with that reaction is that it's not about Miami exactly. It's about the format. You could simply switch the Bulls and Heat. Say we'll have Dallas vs. Chicago and Lakers vs. Heat. That would be the more respectful thing, just not as entertaining.

Once again, and no one has answered this, would all of this be different if Dallas was in the same position? If on Christmas Day the big game started with Dirk having to watch Wade, James and Bosh celebrate, there's now way all you would be okay with this.

Lol ... the Heat don't wann be disrespected,blow them out likt the Bulls did them by 42 for the 06 season opener. The lockout is over yet there is still crying. We should bring the lockout back, that ay the Heat won't be disrespected.
    Some of you really have horrible reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Things do seem to work out much better for them when there's no basketball actually being played.
    It was simpler times back then. No people crying about the Heat bein disrespected. No people cryin about the schedule bein screwed. No people cryin about their players bein oversees. Too many games being played in a short amont of time. Does. 66 games equal real champs ...Those were the days

OP still butthurt ... painful to watch anything reminds you of the last finlas?

yes your boy was so close of geeting his 1st ring .. but he faild BIG TIME

as kuniva_dAMiGhTy said: Dude you need to hop off Lebron's sack. Disrespectful? Get real

Some of you really have horrible reading comprehension.
    Don't disrespect me.

Don't disrespect me.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Once again, and no one has answered this, would all of this be different if Dallas was in the same position? If on Christmas Day the big game started with Dirk having to watch Wade, James and Bosh celebrate, there's now way all you would be okay with this.
    I wouldnt give anything close to a **** about anything that petty.

Some guy making 90 thousand dollars for 35 minutes of work has to watch someone get a ring for 10 minutes before playing basketbal?

Total "So what?" issue.

I wouldnt care if the first game of every season was a finals rematch. Why should I? You feeling a grown mans feelings are being hurt?

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

I can't wait for Christmas. Besides just the possibility of good basketball, the idea of Miami having to watch Dallas get their rings is just great TV. How do you not watch that game? Can Dallas maintain their dominance? Will Miami come out for blood? How will LeBron play?

It's going to be awesome. Once again, I can't wait.

That said, what if Miami had won the title? If everything about the lockout remained the same, but the Heat were the defending champs, would everyone be singing a different tune?

I like the idea of the game because it's so intriguing, but many seem to like the idea because it means Miami has to be humbled. Now, what if Miami had won the title and Dallas had to watch Wade, James and Bosh get their rings? Would we not be all questioning whether or not if that would be disrespectful?

If Boston had to open on the road last season in LA and watch the Lakers get their rings Bill Simmons would still be writing columns about how unfair and wrong that was.

So, honestly, if Dirk had to watch the team that destroyed his title hopes be crowned and raise a banner, would the reaction be the same? Would everyone really be okay with this?

No matter which two teams it involves, is it not at least a little disrespectful to make the team that lost in the Finals go through witnessing the ring ceremony for the team that bested them?
    I enjoyed this negging

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I wouldnt give anything close to a **** about anything that petty.

Some guy making 90 thousand dollars for 35 minutes of work has to watch someone get a ring for 10 minutes before playing basketbal?

Total "So what?" issue.

I wouldnt care if the first game of every season was a finals rematch. Why should I? You feeling a grown mans feelings are being hurt?
    So okay, why is there still discussion about the Pistons walking out and not shaking hands with the Bulls in 1991? Why does that matter? It was disrespectful to the Bulls and the game. It's not about feelings. It's about doing the right thing morally and for the sport.

Should that never be talked about?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If I talk about it its because its funny. I watched the Pistons beat the bulls for years. When they went out it was funny as hell watching them walk out.

Do you really believe I care about a hand shake? There are real issues to discuss.

And that...as minor as it is...still doesnt compare to how minor this is.

You think the NBA is gonna change the christmas showcase to spare....some grown mans FEELINGS?

You think its a moral issue?

Really?

No disrespect...really...none intended...

But I wouldnt be surprised if you melted in the rain. straight cotton candy delicate.