Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: How Many Quad-Doubles Did Wilt Have?

Wilt would probably average 23, 13, and 3 blk a game in todays league at best...

if you would think he would have better averages than that you're an idiot...

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

id say he would have 235 quad doubles in his career

Quote Originally Posted by Cangri
    Who cares about the "what ifs", the fact is Shaq was much more skilled than him, even at the frree throw line

The other fact is even though he was "easily" much better than anyone else at the time, he still couldn't win more than 2 times, even when there were fewer teams.
    That's the funniest thing I've read in a LONG time.

Local High School Star

At least 20 if not more. All of them have came up from 66-68 in his days as a Philly. His all-around game really stood out from that period. He also had a triple double in average vs Russell in 67.

So yeah, you should look up from that period.

Quote Originally Posted by PTB Fan
    At least 20 if not more. All of them have came up from 66-68 in his days as a Philly. His all-around game really stood out from that period. He also had a triple double in average vs Russell in 67.

So yeah, you should look up from that period.
    I would match the '65-'68 Sixers against any historical (or modern) team since their breakup.

Chamberlain also had a near quadruple double vs. Nate Thurmond & the Warriors early in the '65-'66 season. From the box score preview all I got on Nate was that he made 7 field goals & 3 out of 4 foul shots. Dipper made 13 field goals & 7 out of 11 foul shots en route to a 33/17/8/16 effort.

Spokane Daily Chronicle - Dec 27, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    Chamberlain also had a near quadruple double vs. Nate Thurmond & the Warriors early in the '65-'66 season. From the box score preview all I got on Nate was that he made 7 field goals & 3 out of 4 foul shots. Dipper made 13 field goals & 7 out of 11 foul shots en route to a 33/17/8/16 effort.

Spokane Daily Chronicle - Dec 27, 1965

This game came during a 3-game streak against the game's elite defenders and I'd say it was arguably the greatest 3-game streak against eilte defenders ever. Before this game came a 45/21 game against Thurmond again (the one jlauber refers to at times, probably the most points any player has ever scored vs Thurmond) and after this followed a 31/40 game against Russell, who he held to only 11/13. I'd love to see how many times a player had to play 3 games in a row against elite defenders and produced equally dominant games.

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

I would match the '65-'68 Sixers against any historical (or modern) team since their breakup.

Sure I'll take the Boston Celtics of that same time period which ended their seasons twice.

This game came during a 3-game streak against the game's elite defenders and I'd say it was arguably the greatest 3-game streak against eilte defenders ever. Before this game came a 45/21 game against Thurmond again (the one jlauber refers to at times, probably the most points any player has ever scored vs Thurmond) and after this followed a 31/40 game against Russell, who he held to only 11/13. I'd love to see how many times a player had to play 3 games in a row against elite defenders and produced equally dominant games.
    It would be nice to the game footage. The 33/17/8/16 game was played on a Sunday, thus broadcast nationally on ABC. However I was not 100% sure that Nate played in the 45/21 game.

Sure I'll take the Boston Celtics of that same time period which ended their seasons twice.
    As I said "since their breakup" (in '68 when Wilt left), leaving only the aging and beat up '69 Celtics. Perhaps the Sixers "breakup" was complete in '72 when Billy C left, leaving Greer as the only player on the roster from the '67 championship team. While Boston was indeed impressive in the '69 playoffs I would not shoe them in over a healthy Sixers team with Wilt & Luke Jackson. Of course, we must not forget how Russell set the tone in the first game of the '69 series with one of the gutty dominating efforts in league history. With Big Bill, anything is possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgU4nMeOQmA#t=12m48s

"One year [1969] we were playing Philly in the first round," he recalls. "I blocked the first seven shots Luke Jackson took. My object was to take him out of the series, so they'd have to play another center who was far less efficient, and they would not be able to utilize one of their strengths.

NBA rookie of the year

"One year [1969] we were playing Philly in the first round," he recalls. "I blocked the first seven shots Luke Jackson took. My object was to take him out of the series, so they'd have to play another center who was far less efficient, and they would not be able to utilize one of their strengths.
    You gotta like guy's like Phila who trust every quote they find..

Saw a basketball once

very nice

You gotta like guy's like Phila who trust every quote they find..
    It turns out Russell had near triple double in that game with 2 points, 15 rebounds, 8 assists, & 12 blocked shots.