Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What is Curry's Ceiling?

Eddy Curry?

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

He'll be 28 in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure that's his ceiling (game wise) and it's a damn impressive one. Now about his career accolades, rings and legacy it remains to be seen. He could definitely enter top10 if he can stay at this level for 4-5 years and keep getting rings.

I rule the local playground

Number 1 ceiling. If he maintains his 2016 form for 3+ years.

If he keeps this up, they need to review the 3 point shot, which will put him into the MJ/Shaq need to overhaul the game category.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    He'll be 28 in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure that's his ceiling (game wise) and it's a damn impressive one. Now about his career accolades, rings and legacy it remains to be seen. He could definitely enter top10 if he can stay at this level for 4-5 years and keep getting rings.

he was 27 last year....most players peak around this time but there are a lot who peaked far late in age......steve nash being one of them so don't count curry out

Dunking on everybody in the park

Top 15 if he plays at an elite level for a long time. He don't even have to replicate this season, he just needs more great seasons.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    I know it's early in his career and he only has 1 title and hasn't won a FMVP yet, but what is his ceiling in terms of all-time ranking? Because he's not a great defender, does that keep him out of the top-5 in terms of ceiling even if he were to win 3 or 4 more titles and get a few FMVPs?
    He will take Magic's spot in the top 5. Curry is a better defender than Magic.

College star

I dont know man, if he can be like jamal crawford and have the speed, handles and shot he's good for another 4-5 years of prime.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    LOL at you stupid overreacting. His current level of play is not sustainable, just like his ankle. Enjoy while it last, because it's unreal right now. His last second shot against OKC was his absolute pinnacle. All downhill from here as far as individual play. I called it here.
    Wut? Why do people act like curry never averaged 28ppg in the playoffs? And the only reason why he wasnt a 30 ppg scorer last season was minutes

Home of the 16

Curry's ceiling? Curry.

Banned

Curry has 2 years he spent rehabbing and not playing an 82 game season which means his knees have two years less mileage than players the same age as him. This, combined with his low minutes per game, and all time great fitness and medical team and he can be sustaining this peak level of play for a long time yet. He is only going to get smarter and better at decision making the more experienced he gets.

As he continues to practice his 35+ foot jumpers I would not be surprised if he shoots them more often next season, which makes him even more impossible to guard.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    are you pissed? cause you sound pretty pissed right now

What? How do you think I'm pissed?

We almost beat them without 2 all stars behind Lebron's legendary finals performance, if not for FMVP Iguodala we would have won.

#3 ALL TIME

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    What? How do you think I'm pissed?

We almost beat them without 2 all stars behind Lebron's legendary finals performance, if not for FMVP Iguodala we would have won.

#3 ALL TIME
    Damn what position you play, I didn't see you out there

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    With 2-3 MVP's, and 2-3 titles, I see him being in the top 30 off the bat.
    With that kind of resume, top 30 would be too low. If this guy sustains anywhere near this level of play for another 4-5 years and wind up with the accolades above, top 15 is the minimum you're going to be looking at.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 03-04-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Exactly this..people are acting like he is 22-23 doing this he is still relatively young but definitely at his peak of his prime enjoy it now.
    No one in the history of basketball has been this good at 22 or 23. Better yet, no one in basketball has been this good in terms of efficiency.

He is already overachieving please this is his Ceiling individually he will never come close to playing better than he is now..

Oh and it's not early in his career he is 27 years old already..4years younger than Lebron who feels like he has been around forever already.
    How is he overachieving? Based on what? He just got that much better.

Yes, he'll be 28 by years end, and he'll have 2 MVPs. That means he will be one of 13 players in NBA history with 2 or more MVPs. That is elite by any measure, and on the same note, he is only 28. You're talking about the age 27 as if it is the end of a basketball career. Lebron only won a title at 27... Guess his career was over by then too. Your logic only sits right with you when pointed at other players, yet you can't apply it to the guy you worship.

With the way things stand, he will undoubtably have 2 MVPs by seasons end, and more than likely 2 titles as the best player. On top of that, he is in a great position to win a few more in the coming years based on his team and his own level of play. All this at 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    He could break into the top ten but he would need to sustain this type of dominance for at least another 2 seasons... potentially leaving him with 4 mvps, 3fmvps and the best offensive peak ever.
    Reasonable post.