Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Will Curry guard Lebron in Finals?.. Otherwise, he's nowhere near MJ

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    I already addressed this - Jordan's superior defensive impact might not have allowed him to guard Shaq or Malone, but it allowed him to guard M-A-G-I-C mother****ers, or Lebron, while Curry can't even guard Derozan or Butler.

Since MJ could've guarded Lebron just like he guarded Magic, his impact is DIMENSIONS superior to Curry's, who could never guard Lebron or Magic and is restricted to midget scrubs like Dellevadova and Shumpert.

It's not even CLOSE
    Ahem.....Pippen cough*

Default Re: Will Curry guard Lebron in Finals?.. Otherwise, he's nowhere near MJ

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    You still post here?

Seriously, whose alt account is this? I'm convinced its just one of the regulars masquerading for the sake of riling people up because you just have nothing else to do with your time.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Let's just discredit all MJ'S accomplishments since he never guarded the best players on certain teams. He never guarded Ewing, Shaq, Mourning, Barkley......

This is OP'S logic
    Ewing, Shaq and Mourning? Really? I didn't know MJ played centre...

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Ewing, Shaq and Mourning? Really? I didn't know MJ played centre...
    guess the point of this thread went right over your head.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarriors
    Say what? Coming terms with something are you?

Oh this is good

3ball you're something else.
    I don't want to hear any crap about how there's no defense for a 30 footer - Curry has only attempted 22 thirty-footers this season, so it's a neglibible portion of his offense.

Here's the reality - it hasn't registered yet for opponents that in TODAY'S uniquely-spaced, hands-off defensive environment, Curry has become an all-time great offensive force, and needs to be treated accordingly (i.e. REAL adjustments made to stop him).

So once teams ACTUALLY make adjustments, Curry's stats will decline, like EVERY all-time great's stats have always done once the defense makes REAL adjustments (Kobe in various Finals and series... Lebron in 2007 Finals, 2008 ECF, 2011 Finals, 2013 Finals... even MJ vs. the Bad Boys - only 30 ppg on 46%).

Curry's stats will decline in the 2016 playoffs accordingly, so he won't achieve the GOAT 32.0 PER that MJ achieved while winning the 1991 NBA championship.

I already addressed this - Jordan's superior defensive impact might not have allowed him to guard Shaq or Malone, but it allowed him to guard M-A-G-I-C mother****ers, or Lebron, while Curry can't even guard Derozan or Butler.

Since MJ could've guarded Lebron just like he guarded Magic, his impact is DIMENSIONS superior to Curry's, who could never guard Lebron or Magic and is restricted to midget scrubs like Dellevadova and Shumpert.

It's not even CLOSE

sup dude:

OP shot himself in the foot on this post.

Here is the truth behind who was guarding Magic in the 91 finals:
    MJ took the role early on but Magic was abusing him in the post. TLDR: MJ couldn't guard Magic.

Then Phil Jackson switched Pippen onto Magic and then Magic happened.

nice try though.

Ahem.....Pippen cough*

It's not even CLOSE

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid

Ahem.....Pippen cough*
    I already showed in the OP how MJ guarded Magic for 14 of the 20 quarters, or 70% of the time, compared to Pippen's 30% of the quarters.

Flpiii has additional that show this as well.

His stats show that MJ guarded Magic at a more than 2 to 1 rate vs. Pippen's time defending Magic (which is congruent with the 70% and 30% figures I saw by watching the footage posted in the OP).
    Last edited by 3ball; 03-01-2016 at 07:13 PM.

I don't want to hear any crap about how there's no defense for a 30 footer - Curry has only attempted 22 thirty-footers this season, so it's a neglibible portion of his offense.

Here's the reality - it hasn't registered yet for opponents that in TODAY'S uniquely-spaced, hands-off defensive environment, Curry has become an all-time great offensive force, and needs to be treated accordingly (i.e. REAL adjustments made to stop him).

So once teams ACTUALLY make adjustments, Curry's stats will decline, like EVERY all-time great's stats have always done once the defense makes REAL adjustments (Kobe in various Finals and series... Lebron in 2007 Finals, 2008 ECF, 2011 Finals, 2013 Finals... even MJ vs. the Bad Boys - only 30 ppg on 46%).

Curry's stats will decline in the 2016 playoffs accordingly, so he won't achieve the GOAT 32.0 PER that MJ achieved while winning the 1991 NBA championship.
    What if he does?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

3ball is correct. MJ guarded Magic for more than twice as many possessions as Scottie did.

[CODE]Magic vs different Bulls defenders, per 95 possessions

player poss TS% PTS AST TOV FGA FTA F drawn
    Jordan 253 73,2 20,3 16,1 4,5 9,4 10,1 6,4
    Pippen 102 64,9 20,5 11,2 4,7 12,1 8,4 7,5
    no one 031 26,5 15,3 12,3 3,1 27,6 3,1 0
    Horace 010 0,00 0,00 19,0 28,5 38,0 0,0 0
    others 017 68,5 67,1 16,8 5,6 39,1 22,0 22,4[/CODE]

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...1129#p36419034

Decent college freshman

Well you said that Curry was better offensively. Even with all of the caveats that's a lot coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger

What if he does?
    If he does get a 32.0 PER in the playoffs like Jordan did in 1991, then Curry will have matched Jordan's GOAT offense for 1 season.

Since this is Curry's first season matching Jordan's GOAT offense, and his first season leading the league in scoring, he'll have 9 more to go to catch MJ.. Good luck

And of course, offense is only half the game.. Curry remains far worse the OTHER half the time..

MJ's defense was in another dimension from Curry, which put MJ's overall impact in a superior dimension - imagine Curry with the same offensive impact he has now, but the capability of guarding Lebron..

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    guess the point of this thread went right over your head.
    Sarcasm went over yours.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Sarcasm went over yours.
    apparently

way too smart for me

OP why can't you just appreciate other great players? I'm pretty sure Curry not getting a single FMVP vote and never coming close to making the All-Defensive team ended any realistic shot he had at surpassing Jordan. Dude imo would have to win 7-8 titles to have even an argument against Jordan all-time, something that most likely won't happen. Just STFU for once and enjoy a player having a legendary season and dominating the league on what's on pace to be the GOAT team