Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Selling my house.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Why'd you sell?

Bigger place or just nicer?
    Both. Actually made an offer on a new house tonight. Its sitting on 2.6 acres, which is a little more my style. Not really into neighbors and I have fires in my backyard a lot, which was technically banned inside the city limits. Also, wifes parents still live in Louisville. Her father is retired and her mom doesnt work, so... free babysitting in the event that I one day decide to have kids.

I liked Indy but never really considered it home. Kentucky has always been home to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    What kind of funding does buyer have in play? A conventional loan?
    Yes, and they're putting 20% down. Pretty sure it's an Asian lady, judging by her name.

Thank God for the VA home loan.

No money down. No PMI.

Perks to having been in the military.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Yes, and they're putting 20% down. Pretty sure it's an Asian lady, judging by her name.

No money down. No PMI.

The VA loan is better for you but not always for the seller. If a seller is choosing between bidders that have pretty much the same offer, you will likely be picked last behind FHA, conventional and of course cash buyers. VA loans have gotten a lot better but there's still that stigma attached for them being slow. If the property is a little bit of a fixer upper some sellers won't even bother with buyers armed with FHA or VA loans in a hot market.

No money down. No PMI.

living off the government. government job, school paid by the government, mortgage by government program. no handouts though

Her father is a Jew.

Thus, why she wants to squeeze every dollar out of it.
    Then all the more reason you should value her opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    living off the government. government job, school paid by the government, mortgage by government program. no handouts though
    Benefits for putting my life on hold. Its called... planning.

If you ever decide you want to move out of your mom's basement, the military is a good start. Hell, if you can qualify for the Air Force, they're about as ***** as could be. They're basically boy scouts, so you could avoid the chance of ever having to see combat.

Good news is, if I play my cards right, I'll retire at 46. You're still young, you could do the same with a little initiative.

The VA loan is better for you but not always for the seller. If a seller is choosing between bidders that have pretty much the same offer, you will likely be picked last behind FHA, conventional and of course cash buyers. VA loans have gotten a lot better but there's still that stigma attached for them being slow. If the property is a little bit of a fixer upper some sellers won't even bother with buyers armed with FHA or VA loans in a hot market.
    Actually, I used quicken loans to do my last loan, and my refinance 9 months after, and it was a smooth process.

Not sure how much of that is Quicken or the fact that the VA has gotten better at streamlining their mortgage practice, but I couldn't have been happier.

I'll be using Quicken again this time around. Everything done over the phone and online. Had my preapproval letter in two or three days. They keep in regular contact with both of my realtors.

They're really good.

Now the VA hospital system OTOH... is still a disaster.

No money down. No PMI.

I put no money down on my house purchase in December 2017.
    NO PMI.
    Got a check back for $650 at my closing.

I've never been in the military. There are other ways.

Benefits for putting my life on hold. Its called... planning.

If you ever decide you want to move out of your mom's basement, the military is a good start. Hell, if you can qualify for the Air Force, they're about as ***** as could be. They're basically boy scouts, so you could avoid the chance of ever having to see combat.

Good news is, if I play my cards right, I'll retire at 46. You're still young, you could do the same with a little initiative.
    when i worked at uber, worked with a lot of ex-army/marines, they all called the airforce, the

OP, how much did your house sell for and what is the address?

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    I put no money down on my house purchase in December 2017.
    NO PMI.
    Got a check back for $650 at my closing.

I've never been in the military. There are other ways.
    Let me guess. You have a great interest rate as well?

I'm always fascinated by these ppl who tell me that they put little or no money down, got a great interest rate, don't have to pay PMI etc and scoff at people like me with elite credit, put 20% down on a home and tried to time the market just right. "You don't need all that stuff to get a good deal on a home purchase!"

Let me guess. You have a great interest rate as well?

I'm always fascinated by these ppl who tell me that they put little or no money down, got a great interest rate, don't have to pay PMI etc and scoff at people like me with elite credit, put 20% down on a home and tried to time the market just right. "You don't need all that stuff to get a good deal on a home purchase!"
    Our interest rate is 4.5%, not the best, we could have got around 4% with a different lender but would of had to pay PMI.

We used the KeyBank Community Mortgage program.

**Wife and I both have elite credit as well. Have been churning cards for rewards for 5-7 years**

Learning to shoot layups

Why not wait? Make more money now instead of then?

Stickyickyicky

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

right now this is not a buyers market , but a sellers market. You hold out for everything you can get.

My brother in law is shopping , and he has offered more than a list price on a home in Virginia - and was out bid.
    Sounds good he has offers on his house , but replacement costs are ridiculous.
    I built my carriage house 9 years ago , and replacement value right now is double the value I built it for. (it's my retirement home)
    Current price for a 2 x 4 is $12 lol

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Imagine selling you house in 2019