Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Reggie Miller: If Giannis had a jumpshot, this dude would be Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You gotta love how triggered Jordan stans get whenever anyone tries to compare a player to him. The complete obsessive adulation makes them by far the worst of the player stans. I've never seen Kenny or Simon defend Kobe or LeBron's dick size after all...
    Well its only because retards like yourself are saying Giannis can be greater than MJ

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Giannis hasn

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Few ever have.
    Plenty of players have been irrelevant in the playoffs without colluding to superteams

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Well its only because retards like yourself are saying Giannis can be greater than MJ
    And when did I say this? And who says he can't? He's only 24 and has a lot of career ahead of him. This pedestal people put on Jordan is a big problem. People already make up their minds that nobody can surpass him regardless of what a player does.

Hard to say. It depends on what "had a jumpshot" means. MJ level jumper? He'd be in the ballpark.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    the greek freak's gonna be in the celtics locker room at halftime game 1 like:

"aye kyrie, i got these beautiful aviators. rolex. 100% real bro. i'll give you great deal."

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Crazy to think that a 7 footer with never before seen freakishly long wingspan and limbs, physical freak who is able to get into the paint at will and finish over multiple defenders at will is not only being compared to a 6'4 dude but being seen as a lesser version of him.

How good must that 6'4 guy have been to be able to be even MORE dominant than a 7 footer with alien limbs along with the skillset that Giannis possesses

Actually crazy that such a player even existed. Jordan was essentially a Giannis + Kawhi

Undisputed GOAT for a reason.
    Jordan is my favorite player of all time but if Greek gets a jumper like mj(which I don't think he will) he'll win a shit ton of chips and probably surpass mj or as the best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Few ever have.
    Agreed, but he was comparing him to a player even greater than that version or any version of LeBron.

Which makes it even worse. That

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Jordan is my favorite player of all time but if Greek gets a jumper like mj(which I don't think he will) he'll win a shit ton of chips and probably surpass mj or as the best ever.
    Jesus Christ the man hasn't even won the second round of a playoffs series in his career, let alone make it to three straight finals, let alone eight.

Slow. down. please.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Jesus Christ the man hasn't even won the second round of a playoffs series in his career, let alone make it to three straight finals, let alone eight.

Slow. down. please.
    Its hypothetical bruh and a big if which I said don't think will happen. If he had a jumper like mj though you could add another 10 points a game easily. He'd be absolutely ungaurdable, putting up 38/6/12 while being one of the best defenders in the game. It's really not that much of a reach.

Its hypothetical bruh and a big if which I said don't think will happen. If he had a jumper like mj though you could add another 10 points a game easily. He'd be absolutely ungaurdable, putting up 38/6/12 while being one of the best defenders in the game. It's really not that much of a reach.
    I get that it's a (lofty) prediction but can he at least GET to a Finals first before we say this?

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation

Slow. down. please.
    Moving the goal posts to "can't even get past the 2nd round"

While I won't be surprised if the Celtics win, this team is almost as dangerous as the 2010 Celtics that eliminated LeBron back in 2010, the last truly great team he saw in the eastern conference playoffs

It's a shame the East is looking better now than it arguably has since the late 2000s when LeBron was lucky to get past the 2nd round

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    I get that it's a (lofty) prediction but can he at least GET to a Finals first before we say this?
    Again man it hypothetical. He'd already have been to the finals if he had a jumper shot like mj. That's the whole point

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408
    Moving the goal posts to "can't even get past the 2nd round"

While I won't be surprised if the Celtics win, this team is almost as dangerous as the 2010 Celtics that eliminated LeBron back in 2010, the last truly great team he saw in the eastern conference playoffs

It's a shame the East is looking better now than it arguably has since the late 2000s when LeBron was lucky to get past the 2nd round
    Just give Giannis twenty seasons and I'm sure he'll be efficient enough to score over .469 for one season.

Edit: Oh shit, he already did it 5 years in a row

Again man it hypothetical. He'd already have been to the finals if he had a jumper shot like mj. That's the whole point
    I see what you're trying to do, I just don't think it's valid without him showing that he can win at a high level.

I don't think his jumpshot will take him from 1st round exits to Finals wins. Maybe if he got a Pippen type like MJ at 1-9 did then he would be okay. Khris Middleton is a poor man's Pip but we'll see soon enough.