Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Default Re: I'm a Cavs fan now, and I have no shame in admitting it

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    So many sad and mad Heat fans in this thread. That's the problem when you're a team fan first and player fan second. Players rule in the NBA. That's how it works.

LeBron is pretty much the only reason Miami won 2 straight titles and played for 4 in a row. The dude won 2 MVPs, 2 Finals MVPs, led you to 4 Finals appearances and 2 rings. He's already the GREATEST PLAYER in Miami Heat history.

Ya'll dudes need to stop taking this diehard loyalty thing so seriously and just hop on to the Cavs bandwagon.

The Heat are gonna suck major ass. The Cavs are gonna hang up banners. It's easy for me to decide which team to root for.
    Banners? As in more than one? Lulz.

LeBron could barely managed two on a super stacked team in a feeble conference, he'll be 32-33 by the time these young Cavs are ready for a title. He might be too old for you by then. You'll have to find a younger player to slurp.

Pat Riley vs the village idiot Dan Gilbert. Yeah, I'll take Miami over the Cadavers in the long run.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep

LeBron could barely managed two on a super stacked team in a feeble conference, he'll be 32-33 by the time these young Cavs are ready for a title. He might be too old for you by then. You'll have to find a younger player to slurp.

Pat Riley vs the village idiot Dan Gilbert. Yeah, I'll take Miami over the Cadavers in the long run.
    Yes, Pat Riley the magician. He cleared cap space for two years in preparation for the summer of 2010. That's some impressive title building capabilities there. Truly awe-inspiring.

The Cavs are in such a better place right now as compared to the Heat, not just for the present, but for the future.

I guess Riles can always clear more contracts off the books and try to coax Durant over in 2016, but outside of that... things look pretty bleak.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Yes, Pat Riley the magician. He cleared cap space for two years in preparation for the summer of 2010. That's some impressive title building capabilities there. Truly awe-inspiring.

The Cavs are in such a better place right now as compared to the Heat, not just for the present, but for the future.

I guess Riles can always clear more contracts off the books and try to coax Durant over in 2016, but outside of that... things look pretty bleak.
    Because Gilbert was a genius at luring top-tier talent to Cleveland during LeBron's first go-round, wasn't he? That isn't going to improve btw. Unless 90-year old veterans are your idea of top FA signings.

Riley built a winner in Miami well before the Decision. Cleveland hasn't built a winner since...never. Ever. Why am I supposed to be in awe of them again?

Because Gilbert was a genius at luring top-tier talent to Cleveland during LeBron's first go-round, wasn't he? That isn't going to improve btw. Unless 90-year old veterans are your idea of top FA signings.
    Sounds like you've been listening to fatso Windy. One of the biggest reasons FAs weren't lining up to play in Cleveland during his first stay -- outside of the city just not being a hub for big FA signings -- was that James refused to commit longterm. Trevor Ariza was very clear, in fact, that he was going to sign with the Cavs in 2009 (I think that was the year), but he didn't because he couldn't get an answer out of James as to his future plans. Then, in the summer of 2010, the Cavs actually had agreed in principle for a trade which would have brought in Chris Bosh, but James/Wade/Bosh had already made their decision by that point.

I'm assuming things are going to change now that James is really committed here. I guess time will tell, but Kevin Love has already made it public that he'd sign longterm in Cleveland.

I'd say that's a pretty good start. I haven't heard his agent proclaim that he'd agree to terms on a longterm extension in Miami, have you?

Riley built a winner in Miami well before the Decision. Cleveland hasn't built a winner since...never. Ever. Why am I supposed to be in awe of them again?
    Who said you were supposed to be in awe? But, the Cavs have acquired (1) a tremendous amount of cap flexibility; (2) some really good young players, highlighted by Wiggins and Irving; (3) lots of future picks to either use as trade pieces or add talent through the draft; (4) Brendan Haywood's contract which is essentially a $11 million trade exception next season.

I don't care if you're "in awe," but it certainly doesn't support your narrative of ineptitude. The Cavs are arguably the flexible team in the NBA in the near future.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-12-2014 at 02:58 AM.

The Holy Trinity

Dude, I've always liked you, but don't discount the addition by subtraction factor when it comes to Wade (especially) and Bosh being free of the offensive vortex that is LeBron James.

We'll see you in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Dude, I've always liked you, but don't discount the addition by subtraction factor when it comes to Wade (especially) and Bosh being free of the offensive vortex that is LeBron James.

We'll see you in the playoffs.
    I don't even dislike the Heat, but I'm reading a lot of this stuff lately... "Good luck going from this franchise to that franchise."

It's intended to be insulting and it is.

I have no ill will towards Miami. In fact, I was openly against James prolonging this announcement because I felt sorry for Miami fans. Although, you were probably ready for it to happen.

The Holy Trinity

I don't even dislike the Heat, but I'm reading a lot of this stuff lately... "Good luck going from this franchise to that franchise."

It's intended to be insulting and it is.

I have no ill will towards Miami. In fact, I was openly against James prolonging this announcement because I felt sorry for Miami fans. Although, you were probably ready for it to happen.
    Damn straight. Who I feel sorry for is Kyrie though. Wade was at least able to maintain his rep for a year, but I don't see K.I. holding it for that long.

In another thread I called James the ultimate eggs-in-one-basket player. And that's what he is. If you're riding with LeBron James, you're riding LeBron James. He's incapable of playing any other way.

The only question is when Kyrie is diminished, will the media FINALLY do the math and identify the common denominator? Or will they, with no self-awareness whatsoever, sound the clarion call that LeBron needs more help yet AGAIN?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    I was a Cavs fan prior to 2010 solely because of LeBron. Then he left for Miami and I knew Cleveland would blow hard, so I hopped onto Miami's bandwagon and got to see the greatest player ever since Jordan win 2 titles and play for 4 in a row. I literally did not watch a single Cavs game from 2010 - 2014, with the exception of Heat vs. Cavs. It was all Heat for me.

Now that LeBron's back in Cleveland, the Cavs are back and are gonna rule the league. Miami is stuck with Wade's corpse and Bosh's soft, rebound-allergic, perimeter-shooting self on a MAX contract.

Miami ain't winning sh-t for a long time and I ain't going to watch a single game. But I can assure you that I'll watch and vigorously root for the Cavs now that LeBron is back.

You got a problem with bandwagoning? Too bad.......
    Cool... At least you have the decency to admit it. Wait and see, many newborn members will be flooding the forum in the coming days starting today! July-born!

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Same, but I will always be a LeBron fan.
    I need an interpreter on this one... Elaborate!

Damn straight. Who I feel sorry for is Kyrie though. Wade was at least able to maintain his rep for a year, but I don't see K.I. holding it for that long.

In another thread I called James the ultimate eggs-in-one-basket player. And that's what he is. If you're riding with LeBron James, you're riding LeBron James. He's incapable of playing any other way.

The only question is when Kyrie is diminished, will the media FINALLY do the math and identify the common denominator? Or will they, with no self-awareness whatsoever, sound the clarion call that LeBron needs more help yet AGAIN?
    I'd be lying if I said this isn't a real concern I have. However, I will respond with a few points that could separate this team from ones he has dominated in the past.

First, this team was realistically three years or so away from truly contending for a title and that's if everything went really well. By then, James will be 33 and likely diminished. That means there is a window here where he can still do his prime LeBron stuff which will probably make us a contender just based on his ridiculous talent and our young legs. That could provide invaluable deep playoff experience that may have not happened for a while otherwise.

Second, LeBron has never played with a true point, and Kyrie can also really fill it up as a spot-up shooter too. I'm hoping maybe he sees this, along with Irving's ridiculous handle, and finally begins to operate more out of the post instead of pounding the ball into the ground every possession.

Third, a guy like Andrew Wiggins, who is not good right now as a shot creator, can actually flourish by doing the little things until he's ready to take the reigns. When LeBron is 35, he'll be 25. Kyrie will be 28 (and still under contract).

We will see. It's a fascinating departure from teams he has been on in the past.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-12-2014 at 04:11 AM.

Why is it Lebron gets blamed for Wade's decline? How does that even make sense? Wade played great when his health held up when Lebron was on the court. Best team in the nba no exceptions.

If Kyrie Irving is as good as proclaimed (he probably isnt) he wont decline at all. He should flourish now that he wont be the focus of the defense. Let's see if he is actually good or if he was just padding stats on a bad team because no one else was competent.
    Last edited by navy; 07-12-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Now a Cavs fan again

Not a chance in hell. A four year body of work does not eclipse an 11 year one. Especially when LeBron really only led the Heat to a net of one title since he cost them the other one (and no, he didn't lead the team that year, he just torpedoed their championship chance, quite possibly intentionally, once he realized he had no shot at FMVP).
    Don't kid yourself pal. LeBron pretty much single-handedly led Miami to 2 titles in a row and 4 Finals appearances. 2011 was the only year Wade was even close to him. Since then, he sucked hard.

2012 - LeBron is a one man show, dragging an injured Bosh who missed half the playoffs and an injured Wade with one knee to the title.

2013 - Both Wade and Bosh suck hard in the playoffs, yet LeBron (with a little help from Allen) is 90% responsible for their title, including a legendary Game 7 Finals performance.

2014 - Beasted, from day 1 of the regular season to the last game of the Finals. Was let down by his pathetic "superstar" teammates Wade and Bosh who did NOTHING in the Finals.

And don't forget, 2 regular season MVPs and 2 Finals MVPs IN A ROW. Wade doesn't even have 1 MVP.

LeBron = GOAT Heat. Not even close.

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by LilEddyCurry
    2003-2010-Cleveland fan
    2010-2014-Miami fan
    2014 onwards-Cleveland fan
    Yeah that's exactly right.

Now a Cavs fan again

I have no problem with player fans as long as they admit what they are. You aren't doing that. Let's be crystal clear, here, so there is no confusion. You're a LeBron James fan, not a Cavs fan.

That is an important distinction. Outside of that, knock yourself out.
    Fair enough. But I will watch all Cavs games from now on and not a single Heat game except for when they play each other. Just like I ditched the Cavs in 2010 when LeBron left.

Now a Cavs fan again

Lay off the crack son. Miami "stacked"?

Wade and Bosh have been garbage for a long time now. This ain't 2010. Not LeBron's fault his teammates are washed up.

The Cavs are gonna be a dynasty imo. It'll only be a matter of time before they swing a deal for Love. LeBron, Kyrie and Love is unstoppable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    /thread