Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron's contract and no Love for Wiggins

funny a lot of posters on this thread claims Wiggins has done crap on the floor and he is unproven. The Wigster doesnt even have a chance to prove himself on the floor and you guys act like he has committed a crime.

Take a step back and look in this situation. Bennett is looking good and Wiggins has been solid in summer league play. Give them a shot with LeBron as maturity/confidence grows a lot faster when you are winning.

Love is a great player and I dont doubt they can win with him but the size of his contract will put the Cavs in the SAME place as the Heat and they will not have much of a supporting cast. New CBA basically eliminates 3 max players in the second terms of their contracts. Lebron/irving is making the max and you guys expect Love to take a pay cut?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    funny a lot of posters on this thread claims Wiggins has done crap on the floor and he is unproven. The Wigster doesnt even have a chance to prove himself on the floor and you guys act like he has committed a crime.

Take a step back and look in this situation. Bennett is looking good and Wiggins has been solid in summer league play. Give them a shot with LeBron as maturity/confidence grows a lot faster when you are winning.

Love is a great player and I dont doubt they can win with him but the size of his contract will put the Cavs in the SAME place as the Heat and they will not have much of a supporting cast. New CBA basically eliminates 3 max players in the second terms of their contracts. Lebron/irving is making the max and you guys expect Love to take a pay cut?
    So you should do what? Overpay Thompson this summer? Looking at 10 to 12 million. Then overpay Waiters the next summer?

You want good value contracts...Love at the max is good value because he's worth more than the max. Bosh and Wade the last 2 years were not worth close to their salary. That is the part you are missing.

All about value. Wiggins will be a great value on his rookie deal...if the Cavs had better players...I'd definitely keep him. But unless they can flip Waiters/Thompson picks into key guys...then trading Wiggins makes the most sense.

And, it sounds like TT is off limits due to the Rich Paul/Lebron stuff.

It's honestly not a great basketball situation going forward given the contracts of Waiters and Thompson are up the next two years respectively.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    Your problem is you think Kevin Love guarantees multiple years of contending but he doesn't. And 8 years? Didn't you call out some other dude using random numbers earlier in this thread?
    So a healthy Kyrie, Lebron, and Kevin Love in a weak conference doesn't guarantee contending? Okay...then nothing in the history of the game guarantees contending. Fine.

8 years isn't random. Kyrie will still be under 30. Love will be at the tail end of his prime. Lebron will be out of his prime, but still a very good player.

That is all based on the evidence. It's not a random number at all. And...Lebron will likely be just finishing up his 5 year max at that time...and might take a huge discount for the team like Dirk just did.

Imagine Lebron at 10 million a year with Kyrie/Love...and if they draft well...they'd have young players and cap room.

I have to laugh though...Lebron, Kyrie, Love...with a solid built out team of young players isn't enough to contend. What the **** is then? How much ****ing help do these players of this era ****ing need?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    You realize the Cavs traded Zeller...right?
    Yeah I forgot. Doesn't chnge the argument much at all though. They still are a top 6 rebounding team, instead of top 5, note I didn't put Lebron's numbers in there. Lebron had more rebounds per game than Zeller.
    Wiggins/filler or Love/Dieng for the next 8 years?
    Dieng can make it appeaseable but Minny can't give up two prizes when they just thought they were going to lose Love in the first place. The Cavs would have to give up three players or four players they don't have, too.

I don't see how anyone talking strictly basketball would ever side with the Wiggins part of it.
    Love as a key piece with Irving guarantees you having a team that doesn't get fouls, can't play defense and will be small for five years.They have a lot of tweeners now. Love, Irving or Lebron aren't going to get much better either.

Wiggins has the potential to be great. And will likely be a better player than Love in three years. Love isn't good enough to make them likely champions.