Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: I have to be honest, MJ does lose some credit for ducking Hakeem

Hakeem had 6 years to meet Jordan at the top.

OP is a clueless f*ggot

National High School Star

Hakeem's peak was short for some reason

I do think the Rockets woulda beat the Bulls even if jordan played in 94, however (keeping in mind that Jordan lost to the magic in 95)

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    That's because Jordan finally got a team around him he could win a finals with. Prior to that he was considered by league experts to be just another 1-9 volume shooter.

He won a few chips against mediocre-at-best finals competition, but then noticed Hakeem finally had his own respectable team around him over in the western conference, so MJ decided to get the hell outta dodge for a little bit. It's honestly clear as day.

I just think it's pretty striking how MJ never really played against elite players in the finals (Magic was heavy and slow by '91.) He had a couple chances but deliberately side stepped them in favor of playing minor league baseball for the white sox??? Doesnt add up, unless you accept that just based on the evidence, he was almost surely avoiding playing Hakeem in the finals.

It's just hard to call someone a GOAT with that sort of lack of a competitive spirit.
    Jordan beat a 60 win Knicks and 62 win Suns in 1993, both of whom had better records than the 1994 Rockets. The Rockets weren't even the #1 seed. Barkley was the MVP in 1993, whom Jordan beat in the finals. Hakeem had never won an MVP in his career. Jordan also beat the 1997 MVP Karl Malone in the finals. In every one of Jordan's championship seasons he either beat the MVP or was himself the MVP.

oh god.

*heads over to realgm*

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    Hakeem's peak was short for some reason

I do think the Rockets woulda beat the Bulls even if jordan played in 94, however (keeping in mind that Jordan lost to the magic in 95)
    The Knicks would have beat the Rockets if not for a historically bad shooting performance, and the Bulls nearly beat the Knicks without Jordan. In fact they probably should have. The 1994 Bulls with Jordan would have been an all-time great team. Prime Jordan and peak Pippen. I think burnout would have caught up to them in 1995, but they might have won 70 in 1994.

Banned

Not airballing my layups anymore

MJ's first game back against the Rockets (Jan. 3, 1996) he went for 38/8/5/3 against the 2-time reigning world champions and the Bulls won the game. I don't think anyone ever intimidated Michael on the court to the point that he would retire out of fear. You clearly never watched the man play basketball.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    The Knicks would have beat the Rockets if not for a historically bad shooting performance, and the Bulls nearly beat the Knicks without Jordan. In fact they probably should have. The 1994 Bulls with Jordan would have been an all-time great team. Prime Jordan and peak Pippen. I think burnout would have caught up to them in 1995, but they might have won 70 in 1994.
    Yeah Rockets struggled with the knicks, it went to game 7. Knicks only won east cuz of no Jordan. If you struggle with the knicks, you'd get swept by Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by groovemachine
    MJ's first game back against the Rockets (Jan. 3, 1996) he went for 38/8/5/3 against the 2-time reigning world champions and the Bulls won the game. I don't think anyone ever intimidated Michael on the court to the point that he would retire out of fear. You clearly never watched the man play basketball.
    He shot 7-26 next game.

Go back to MJ 92-93 when both in their absolute prime. Houston won twice and they didn't even have Drexler.

kobetard

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    you see a lot of crazy stupid threads made here every day, but it's never enough to make Jeff come out of hiding to let the op know how stupid their thread is. This thread on the other hand...

You know you have too much time on your hands writing paragraphs of bullshit nobody SANE would actually believe.

Strange muthafukas on this forum...

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
    well, if anyone knows anything about lack of credit, it would be akrazotile.

Someone take OP out in the field and put him out of his misery.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Someone take OP out in the field and put him out of his misery.
    chill