Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dunking on everybody in the park Basketman's Avatar

Default Re: Contacts or glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    Yea, you really have to get hit in the eye for them to ever fall out. And there super easy to put back in anyway.
    If they fall out and fall on the floor, I do not recommend putting them back in.

ISH Jump Crew

I'm going in soon too mang. I'm thinking I will just get glasses, because I hate putting stuff in my eyes... if you're not sensitive though, would definitely go contacts.

I prefer contact lenses in sports activity. I wear glasses when i watch tv. i heard that ortho k is both better than prk and lasek/lasik.

contacts are pain in the ass the first few weeks but after that they are pretty awesome and easy to use... although if you are a dumbass like me you can lose them pretty easily ( lost two by getting drunk as f*ck, one got dry because i forgot to put the liquid, and i lost one while playing soccer.. didnt wanna stop the game to look for it.. )

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Contacts, you're suppose to take them off when you sleep and shower. But I can go weeks without taking them off.
    I literally have gone over 6 months without taking them out. They were stuck to my eyes a bit, but no damage seemed to have been done (this was several years ago). I generally take mine out one night every 2 weeks. I know, terrible habit. I hate wearing glasses. Too much distortion in my peripheral vision, too much glare (especially when driving at night), and it sucks when it rains. Also, it makes sunglasses a pain in the ass. Contacts all the way for me. I only wear my glasses to give my eyes a break (after wearing contacts for too long) or on rare occasion for style purposes.

I wear glasses now, but I used to be all about contacts; however, since I have astigmatism in my right eye, my contact lenses are expensive, and I have to buy disposable ones that only last 2 weeks each, which makes having them a pain in the ass.

So in short, I wear glasses now, but I used to be all about contacts.

Cali Love

I wear contacts but not taking them off for multiple weeks is crazy and probably dangerous. Your eye can get infected and that can lead to even worse problems like getting blind so **** that.
    I get annoyed if I don't take them off after 2-3 days.

National High School Star

Only poors and old people wear glasses.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I haven't even owned a pair of glasses in at LEAST 10 years. (I should get a pair though as it's not good to wear contacts as long as I do) The last time I had a pair I was so used to wearing contacts that wearing glasses would give me a headache. Contacts aren't a hassle at all once you get used to them.

Glasses are such a c*ckblock trying to get girls, but when I got my contacts I realized that my glasses actually gave me better vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I literally have gone over 6 months without taking them out. They were stuck to my eyes a bit, but no damage seemed to have been done (this was several years ago). I generally take mine out one night every 2 weeks. I know, terrible habit. I hate wearing glasses. Too much distortion in my peripheral vision, too much glare (especially when driving at night), and it sucks when it rains. Also, it makes sunglasses a pain in the ass. Contacts all the way for me. I only wear my glasses to give my eyes a break (after wearing contacts for too long) or on rare occasion for style purposes.
    What type of contacts do you have that you can wear for so long without damaging your eyes?

I wear the 2 week disposables.. and I can't wear them over 1 night. In fact after a few hours my eyes get dry and it's annoying. Now I'll only wear contacts if I'm going out on a social event, date, or doing sports. Otherwise, glasses are much more comfortable for me. As soon as I'm home, first thing I do is take it off. I'll also rather wear glasses to go watch a movie.

So I like both, but contacts just aren't very comfy for me. And I've wore them for maybe 10 years now.

edit: oh yeah.. once I came home drunk from a party and didn't take my contacts out. The next day it was super dry and I tried taking it off.. I scratched the surface of my eyeball. One of the most painful experiences I've ever had. Had tears rolling continuously for 48 hours.. it didn't matter if my eyes were open or close, they BURN. So I would advise against that.

Contacts when I'm going out or when I'm playing sports or working out. Glasses when I chill and watch tv or roam the net

Kick for kids that's paid, I kick for kids with no funds
    Whole blocks come for classes kids with contacts kids with glasses