Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: At what age did you become fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    I actually grew two inches in my mid 20s. Used to be 5-8 and now I'm 5-10.

/humblebrag

I was a bit skinny fat about a year ago and had a bit of a lordosis going in my lower back but fixed that up by going to the physio and getting my core right.

Dropped my beer intake as well significantly.

GET YOUR CORE RIGHT.
    Wow lucky. I've seen someone with the same growth spurt but it was in the early 20s around 21-22.

Decent playground baller

At 27, I didn't become real big, but I got BS flab on my belly for seemingly no reason.

I really didn't have a sedentary job (I mowed lawns for half a year), I wasn't stressed out, and I wasn't drinking much alcohol or eating a lot. And, I was going to bed at about the same time every night (midnight or so).

It was total crap. I wish I would have had a free liposuction card to punish my stomach for it's insolence.

Unless your lucky genetically or a light eater, most people will start to see it it in late 20's to early 30's.

Recently turned 31, I have hovered around the 6%-10% body fat and the 70 Kg mark all my adult life. I have played sports since I was a little kid but the past couple of years it's been reduced to working out routines, I'm not sure if I will be able to keep the low body fat into my 40s but I sure as hell ain't going to become a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Stop drinking the monsters dude.
    They're so, so good.

And it doesn't help that my health metrics are so good. Gave blood last week at the red Cross bus, BP was 108/78ish. Something like that. Which is good for someone who consumes straight toxins and smokes.

I'm just seeing everyone else's unhealthy habits catch up to them but not me. Sports helps me too, I played for our company flag football team, basketball team, and currently softball and volleyball teams, so I'm still being somewhat active. Somewhat.

I need to go join the ISH Fit Club thread and make the transformation. The shitty part is I know if I work out for a month straight, I'll see a noticeable difference. By body, in HS at least, used to show the results of exercise very quickly since I have little body fat.

One area of my life I've been lazy.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I've always been pretty dense. Heavier than I look. I played basketball in HS at 195 or so (I'm 6 feet tall). In college my body definitely changed. I hung around more like 215 in college. I stayed around that weight, although it shifted around some until about 29. That was when I started feeling the effects of my degenerative knee conditions. Since then I've ballooned up to about 230-235, with the addition of a couple of torn Achilles' over the past three years, and that's pretty much where I stay all the time. Exercise wise I still play basketball once a week. I like to hike. I've taken up bowling, which feels like it's more exercise than I expected. I haven't gone to the gym in probably almost ten years, in part because the amount of impact weighted work I can do is pretty limited because of my knees and Achilles. But I would really like to get back this winter. I also eat whatever I want. I'm lucky that my taste doesn't lean much toward junk. Fat I consume more than I should, but sugar just generally doesn't interest me.

My metabolism starts to slow down as am in my late 20's. That's why I play basketball thrice a week so that I can burn fat and calories.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

in my early 30's. I'm about 6' 190 and not a solid 190. Like a lot of the other posters before me, had major injury as an adult and... at least in my case it just stopped being worth it to play hoops and soccer with high school and college aged kids.

I was fat for a few years when I didn't exercise and smoked a bunch of weed. I mean, fat enough. I think I weighed like 30 pounds more than I do now.

I think I'll get 'fatter' as I get older... because everyone does, but I don't see myself being obese. Like old dudes got guts and such no matter how much they exercise. I can see that happening, but I want to be healthy.

I guess the only thing that would really mess it up is if my body fell apart. If I got really severe arthritis and couldn't stomach exercise at all... then maybe.

My body fat has prol been between 15-20... maybe some minor outside fluctuations lower-higher for most of my life. I can't really see getting much more than that. Maybe getting up to 25% as I get old.

I don't really know what my body fat is, per se, but I'd says it's close to 15.

but I drink water, eat pretty healthy... do some exercising, not really that much, tho. I'd be sad if I got fat cuz I am a v high energy person.

-Smak