Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #31
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Default Re: Heat & Wolves deal? Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis, others - strong rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
^^

Toine still has 2 years left.
Woops yep, still 1 year less then Blount and Howard expires that year.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #32
JPR
Local High School Star

Default Re: Heat & Wolves deal? Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis, others - strong rumor

i have no idea why the Wolves would do this...
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #33
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:

Probably to help the development of Green, by opening up more minutes for him once Davis is gone. They get a couple of veterans in return, who won't require as many touches & minutes...although, I'm only speaking for Blount...I'm sure Walker will take a few half court shots with the clock at 15 seconds this season.

Plus expiree contracts...
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #34
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Pat Riley son.

Pat Riley.

thanks for the clue... honestly, I hate pat riley - he always get amazing deals for no damn reason... and how come other teams don't realize these opportunities? ...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 PM   #35
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
You have no idea about our current situation then.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:42 PM   #36
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Probably to help the development of Green, by opening up more minutes for him once Davis is gone. They get a couple of veterans in return, who won't require as many touches & minutes...although, I'm only speaking for Blount...I'm sure Walker will take a few half court shots with the clock at 15 seconds this season.

Plus expiree contracts...
LOL @ walker actually getting meaningful minutes.

Gomes/Brewer have the 3 securred up pal.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #37
JPR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
You have no idea about our current situation then.

what's to say about the wolves' current situation? they've been in the gutter so long, hanging on to that proven loser McHale for no reason, that they must be attempting to build a team in Chicago's mold. They're not going to take any risks with head cases like Ricky Davis and Mark Blount. But let's not be fooled, they get back a weirdo in the Wiggler. Walker is an absolutely horrible defender and just looks broke down on the court. plus his contract doesn't even expire at the end of the season, minnesota is going nowhere fast.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #38
CAYO
Serious playground baller

How big is Kevin McHales brain?
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #39
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
LOL @ walker actually getting meaningful minutes.

Gomes/Brewer have the 3 securred up pal.

I was impersonating Walker's erratic shooting, I even said in my post they're trading with Miami to free up more playing time for their younger players like Green...which means Walker/Blount will be sitting on the bench.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #40
niko
I Run NY.

They get a first, one year less salary, and they get Ricky Davis and Mark Blount out of the locker room. I'm not saying this is a bad trade for the heat, but i'm at a loss at how people are saying "YES EVERYONE IS IN TROUBLE, THE HEAT GOT RICKY DAVIS AND MARK BLOUNT"

Ooh...scary....:
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #41
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
I was impersonating Walker's erratic shooting, I even said in my post they're trading with Miami to free up more playing time for their younger players like Green...which means Walker/Blount will be sitting on the bench.
Like i said. if he's playing meaningless minutes, who cares what he shoots. he's not oging to be playing in tight games.

btw blounts not on the team anymore.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #42
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
They get a first, one year less salary, and they get Ricky Davis and Mark Blount out of the locker room. I'm not saying this is a bad trade for the heat, but i'm at a loss at how people are saying "YES EVERYONE IS IN TROUBLE, THE HEAT GOT RICKY DAVIS AND MARK BLOUNT"

Ooh...scary....:
Exactly

Ricky isnt exactly lighting it up this pre season.

Besides taking stupid jumpshots everytime he touches the ball
Old 10-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #43
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Default Re: Heat & Wolves close to a deal(via ESPN).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
The ONLY incentive for the Wolves to do this is it opens up more time for Brewer, McCants, and Green...And you get out of Blount contract 1 year earlier(1 year)...But you take back near negative value in Toine.

Either way it's still highway robbery.

McHale bout to come thru in the clutch for the Heaters....

I read this is a done deal
also read the Minnesota has too many players on their roster and desperately wants to clean house. So Im not surprised, Ricky is too good to bench and he takes playing time from their younger players.
I like Ricky alot, as a Celtic he was a problem! He can create his own offensive. Next to Shaq he's gonna be a nightmare. He can shoot, decent from 3pt range, put the ball on the floor, get by anyone and clutch. Next to Wade and Shaq he's gonna be a problem and real pain in the a$$ for opposing teams. Ricky is not the type of player you want to let get on a role or its gonna be a long night. Hate Mark Blount but next to Garnett he put up some really impressive numbers..for Mark Blount. Next to Shaq and Wade with his 15ft jumper which (Haslem doesn't have in his arsenal) he's gonna be a pain in the a$$ too.Brilliant move for the Heat cuz Minnesota is really jus trying to dump salaries and Mia is trying to win now.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #44
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

f miami can now somehow flip haslem for bibby they're rocking.

bibbr, wade, davis, alexander johnson (im a believer), shaq
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #45
BFRESH44
Decent college freshman

Davis presents far more value to the Miami as a much needed third option, athletic wing as opposed to Minnesota as a top option, taking minutes away from Brewer and Green..

Completly diffrent situations.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: