Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #16
clipps
Haw haw haw haw!

Default Re: "The refrigerator door is closed, the lights are out..."

You are definitely right about Ralph Lawler being enthusiastic. I remember Lawler trippin balls when odom gave that alleyoop to D Miles. Sick play, but his enthusiasm made it so much better. And also not to mention when there's a game winner. I remember the Clippers/Heat game a few years ago that went into double overtime and Maggette hit that game winner. If the Clippers make 3 or 4 three pointers in a row. Each "bingo" does sound different. And not to mention whenever Elton Brand was having a block party... "BLOCKED BY BRAND!!!!". Ralph also makes close games sound so intense. The way he says "fasten your seatbelts, gang. This is goin down to the wire". Or if the Clippers are making a comeback from a 20 point deficit, "we've got ourselves a ball game"

Normally when announcers try to show enthusiasm, you can tell they are trying too hard. Ralph Lawler loves the game and is the best Clipper fan of all time.

Lawler is so underrated. He never gets the credit he surely deserves. People would probably say that he announces a poor franchise like the Clippers, but that should make him look even better. Lawler was there before brand and Maggette were born. Lawler sat through over 2000 Clipper games and is currently on a consecutive streak of over 1600 games in a row without an absence. Much like the Refrigerator thing that Chick Hearn always had, Lawler had the Lawlers Law going. Lawler's Law: First to 100 wins. For the record, Lawler's Law has been broken less than 10% of the games since he started with the Clippers in 78.

BINGO
OH ME OH MY
LAWLERS LAW, FIRST TO 100 WINS
FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS GANG, WE'RE GOING DOWN THE WIRE!

And also, "Yikes'... Mainly when the Clippers are getting their asses handed to them or if he's talking about a pretty pathetic stat. We all know that Lawler has used that term PLENTY of times.

Like I said, Lawler is HANDS DOWN the best announcer in the NBA right now. You can even make an arguement for one of the best overall in professional sports today.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #17
clipps
Haw haw haw haw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Chick Hearn > Marv Albert > Johnny Most > bag of turd > Ralph Lawler

@ Marv > Lawler

By the way, I said Lawler is the best in the NBA TODAY!!! Not of all time.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #18
shadow
Laker fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Chick Hearn > Marv Albert > Johnny Most > bag of turd > Ralph Lawler
you have absolutely zero class.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #19
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnieMac06
Even though I'm a Clippers fan, and having been listening to Ralph Lawler (who's really damn good in own right) all these years,
Lawler and Smith are the best duo in the league.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: