Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    College superstar

Default Re: No more loyalty in the game

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    "Loyalty is something that hurts you at times, because you can't get youth back. I can honestly say that if I could go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I'd have done it a little sooner."

-KG back in 2010 when asked what Lebron should do that offseason

Loyalty goes both ways. Owners aren't loyal for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by E_Stamkos
    Jives perfectly for pathetic player fans like yourself who jock d1ck instead of an actual team.

Who says I don

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

[QUOTE=Keno]Who says I don

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

these guys even leave teams they just won a championship with...

who the **** does that?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    these guys even leave teams they just won a championship with...

who the **** does that?
    Literally no one except Kawhi as far as superstars.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    Wow didn’t realize Pippen made so much less than MJ
    Jordan had signed a long term contract in the late 80s to go thru the 95-96 season, and Pippen signed it in the early 90s to go thru the 97-98 season. Chicago management actually advised Scottie not to take a long term contract. They told him to sign a shorter contract because the salaries would increase due to the collecting bargaining agreement. But Pippen was stubborn and wanted the security, so he took a long term contract.

Eventually the salaries started skyrocketing and Pippen wanted to renegotiate. Chicago management was like “dude we told you, your ass just didn’t listen, now go fulfill your contract”. I’m not sure if Chicago was even allowed to renegotiate due to the CBA rules at the time. So Scottie got pissed.

Jordan was offered 2 years/$36 mil after the 72 win season, which was crazy at that time, and instead did a one year deal for $30 mil. And then did it again the next year.

There was a whole lot of beef between Pippen and Chicago management during his last few years in Chicago. Chicago almost traded him to the team that originally drafted him, Seattle, in 1994, and I think again in 1997 for a trade involving T-Mac. Jordan stepped in and said no way.

The increasing salaries from the CBA made a lot of players disgruntled. Shawn Kemp threw a season-long hissy fit when that backup center got a bigger contract than him.
    Last edited by Stringer Bell; 08-16-2019 at 02:03 AM.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water
    How are the Bulls 2 for Pippen? He stayed until the end.
    Huh?

Pippen bolted the Bulls as soon as he could after his contract expired in 1998, after constantly whining for years that the Bulls should trade him. Because Scottie didn’t listen to Chicago management and ended up signing a long-term deal despite them telling him it was a bad idea and would cost him lots of money in the long run.

He constantly asked to be traded throughout the 94-95 season. Then he got a little happier when Jordan came back and they were kicking ass, but would still frequently talk about being traded because he was mad about being underpaid. There was an infamous incident in around 97’ or so when he yelled at Jerry Krause for a long bus ride and bitched and whined about how he should be traded.

He went to Houston for that short strike season and then went to Portland. He came back to Chicago at the very end of his career when he was a shell of himself. Pippen staying in Chicago for so long had little to do with loyalty and largely to do with him signing a bad contract, even with the advice of Chicago management looking out for him.
    Last edited by Stringer Bell; 08-16-2019 at 01:52 AM.