Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Default Re: Robert Horry "Michael Jordan feared Hakeem"

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause
    This is called using logic. You're asking too much here.
    That's because this place has become an echo chamber for stupidity and conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Truth.

I can add the west had a high level of parity as far as teams not being exactly great but having several teams that were pretty good. Phoenix, Utah, Houston, San Antonio and Seattle were battling each other for MJ's whole era basically. (not so much phoenix after Barkley left for Houston obviously) Seattle just had our number for the most part, I imagine if we'd have faced them in 94 or 95 we might not be champs. But that doesn't mean the 94 or 95 team wouldn't have given Chicago trouble, in this city we feel pretty confident we'd have beat them both years.
    Exactly. Those teams for the most part were separated by a few ball bounces here and there. Houston beats Phoenix, who beat Seattle, who beat....Houston.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Didn't Hakeem say he himself was scared of mj?

That MJ was the lion of the jungle or something and couldn't be touched

He also said that MJ is "far" superior to lebron.. his words, not mine (although I'm looked at as crazy for thinking lebron isn't close)

Btw, i have about 4-5 gifs showing mj dunking over Hakeem and Hakeem scared to jump and literally cowering away

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Meh, that's Horry talking shit, let's ask Hakeem himself, he says MJ is the GOAT and a "far far superior player to LeBron James..." Even goes on to say comparing LeBron to MJ is an unfair comparison to James

https://youtu.be/8xj0zNOV1nw

Next

Fukking

EZ
    You destroyed that McD loving Pinoy just 3 posts in.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    you know it's only a matter of time before Phoenix and Lost Cause pop up to defend their nostalgia

^ got the entire Jordan fam coming to defend their god in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    ^ got the entire Jordan fam coming to defend their god in this thread
    With you and Lamebruh offering your usual retarded and easily debunked bullshit. So basically, just another day at the office( or for you, some boat out in the pacific).

Go ahead because it's not true

Jordan being scared of Hakeem on the other hand...

After a loss on his home floor at Chicago Stadium in 1993, Jordan said, "We have no answer for the big guy. It's a good thing they won't ever make it to the (NBA) Finals, because I don't think we could beat them."
    That quote from MJ proves Jordan was shook at the thought of playing Keem in the finals

You didn't debunk anything old guy

NBA rookie of the year

Game recoginizes game.

That said I don't think the Rockets as a team would beat the Bulls even if Hakeem got his.

They barely beat the Knicks, needing a hilariously bad game 7 from John Starks to seal the deal and then took advantage of an inexperienced, mentally weak Orlando team that fell apart on themselves.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Game recoginizes game.

That said I don't think the Rockets as a team would beat the Bulls even if Hakeem got his.

They barely beat the Knicks, needing a hilariously bad game 7 from John Starks to seal the deal and then took advantage of an inexperienced, mentally weak Orlando team that fell apart on themselves.
    Goof points. I'm on the fence about the Bulls chances in 95, but do believe they would have beaten them in 94, with Jordan.

People look at Jordan's overall stats and think, he was just as good in 95 after coming out of retirement. But he wasn't. His wind was not as good, his ballhandling and finishing ability slightly off, his shot was flatter, and he was -- for the only time in his entire career -- tentative in the clutch. His reflexes and his endurance had trained for baseball for two years, and he was no spring chicken coming back out of retirement at 33. And he really had not enough time to adjust to his new teammates such as Kukoc, and vice versa. The Bulls were very good with Jordan but not great. And of course losing Horace plus having to play against him was a double blow in the ECF semifinals.

You can see how all of this affected him in the playoffs. It wasn't just Jordan getting the ball stolen by Nick Anderson in game 1 when the Bulls should have/could have won (and Jordan played not very well the entire game), it was the follow up possession, where Jordan not only didn't take the open mid-range shot to win, he passed to Pippen and threw it behind him for another turnover. It wasn't a bad play, Pippen was open, but Jordan' pass was way off which is something that rarely occurred when Jordan was sharp and at full skill level. Also Jordan had a pretty clean look at the gw shot himself, which is something he'd rarely pass up normally.

Although Jordan had some great games in game 2, 4 and 5, he still made crucial mistakes in game 6 that probably cost the Bulls the game. His numbers were quite good in game 6, but in the last minutes of the game, with the Bulls winning but Orlando pressing, Jordan missed I believe two easy finger roll lay up attempts after beating his man in the post These were shots he'd normally make 9/10 times. And he drove twice in the last minutes of the game and turned the ball over basically unforced from his own bad ball handling.

You could just tell watching him that it was starting to come together but it wasn't all there yet. It's like he would play very well in stretches but you could still see glitches in his game that would show up at the worst possible time.

But Jordan got it basically all back in the off season. He put in massive work, the Bulls also got Rodman, and the rest is history.

I'm on the fence about the Rockets. I can't imagine the strain of 4 peating and 5 peating, the physical and emotional grind are staggering. Still, if Jordan doesn't retire in 94, I think the Bulls likely take the 94 Rockets in 6 or 7, depending on who had home court. Honestly, I think the Bulls probably take it in 6, they were so much more experienced than the Rockets, who just barely beat the Knicks. NY was very tough but Jordan beat them every time. I think over the course of 7 games, they would have worn Houston down. I give the Bulls about 6/10 odds to win.

In 95, assuming Grant left, it would be ... difficult. Exhaustion, lack of interior strength, new players. Even with Jordan, there's no absolute guarantee they get past Orlando, or the Knicks or Indiana. Still, I'd put money on Jordan. Against Houston in the Finals? Really tough, I'll say 50/50. Gun to my head, I might go with Houston. They would be so hungry for a title if the Bulls beat them in 94, and would be playing out of their minds. MJ would definitely outplay Drexler, but Maxwell and Drexler would make him work. Without Grant, they'd struggle mightily with Hakeem. He dominated Grant when they played, but Grant could at least make him work for his points. Without Grant, Bulls would have an extremely tough time

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9TItcESf1Y

Hakeem has a winning record against MJ as well, lol at these retards acting like Jordan would have beaten Keem if he didn't retire

MJ was to shook to even face Hakeem
    Ouch

Bulls had stiffs at center. Houston was a bad matchup for them. Jordan was just acknowledging reality.

If i remember right the Lakers were the only easy Finals win the Bulls ever had, and Worthy was hurt. Pretty sure all the rest went 6 games. They werent steamrolling the West.

Houston would have been a tough series for sure.

After a loss on his home floor at Chicago Stadium in 1993, Jordan said, "We have no answer for the big guy. It's a good thing they won't ever make it to the (NBA) Finals, because I don't think we could beat them."
    Honestly might be the most beta quote I have ever heard from a ATG

Imagine being that relieved that you didn't have to face Hakeem in the finals

#notmygoat

Honestly might be the most beta quote I have ever heard from a ATG

Imagine being that relieved that you didn't have to face Hakeem in the finals

#notmygoat
    Pathetic for sure. MJ was truly shook by Isiah, Larry, and Akeem

3-time NBA All-Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9TItcESf1Y

Hakeem has a winning record against MJ as well, lol at these retards acting like Jordan would have beaten Keem if he didn't retire

MJ was to shook to even face Hakeem
    What's the point dude? Hakeem was a great center. Great centers are tough to beat. As a Lebron fan you should know this from all the losses he took against good big men. He took his share of losses from Duncan, Wallace, kg and even Howard. None of them with the exception of maybe Duncan were as good as Hakeem so I'm really not sure what your agenda is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    What's the point dude? Hakeem was a great center. Great centers are tough to beat. As a Lebron fan you should know this from all the losses he took against good big men. He took his share of losses from Duncan, Wallace, kg and even Howard. None of them with the exception of maybe Duncan were as good as Hakeem so I'm really not sure what your agenda is here.
    Except that LeBron beat Duncan and KG whilst MJ couldn't beat Hakeem (1-5 from 91-93)

Also LeBron never came out and said thathe was relieved not to face anyone in the finals