Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2019, 09:18 PM   #16
Bronbron23
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,096
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer
Curry owned his ass in 15, 17, and 18. Curry has a better Finals record than Lebron. Curry is also clutch, unless Lebron. He changed the game of basketball unlike Lebron.
Not even close. Curry and the warriors had to beg the second best player in the world to join them just to beat LeBron. If kd dosnt make the weakest move ever than curry is still sitting on one asterisk title.

And curry didn't change the game. Daryl Morey did. It's not as sexy but it's true.
Bronbron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:14 PM   #17
Stephonit
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 801
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronbron23
Not even close. Curry and the warriors had to beg the second best player in the world to join them just to beat LeBron. If kd dosnt make the weakest move ever than curry is still sitting on one asterisk title.

And curry didn't change the game. Daryl Morey did. It's not as sexy but it's true.

Telling KD while they recruited him that they could still win without him doesn't sound like begging.

3 67-win plus seasons suggest that the notion of an asterisk title is what deserves the asterisk.

Daryl Morey obsesses about the Warriors. They are his muse.
Stephonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:28 PM   #18
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11,594
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Watching these zoomers continue to debate with late millennials on curry vs lebron is fun as we sit on our MJ thrones.

Haters gonna hate.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #19
Gileraracer
The triggerer
 
Gileraracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6,541
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Pramesh absolutely melting down once again
Gileraracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:19 PM   #20
Inferno
YAY AREAAA!!
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,464
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
LeBron embarrassed Curry the one time he faced him with comparable help.

When Steph was coming off a MCL strain?

I'll admit Steph - and the rest of the Dubs, cough Harrison Barnes cough - choked, but I'll also admit he clearly wasn't 100% there, guy couldn't even take Kevin Love and Enes Kanter off the dribble. Compare that to how well he's played in the playoffs literally every year after that. Kawhi couldn't guard him this year, let alone Kevin Love. Supporting cast has nothing to do with the Cavs (and Raptors) still doubling him every time.


But back to the matter at hand, nah LeBron's better. LeBron's the pretty clear cut best player in the league and he proves it whenever the playoffs come around. But from 2015-2019, Steph's averaged 26, 23, 27, 28, and 31 ppg in the Finals. That's comparable with many ATGs. I'd slot him in at #2 or #3 behind KD.

Last edited by Inferno : 08-04-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:57 PM   #21
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,470
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Curry is currently not better than LeBron to me and was only better than LeBron for a short period between the 2015-2016 season until LeBron took that back in the Finals overwhelming Golden State.

Curry will no doubt go down as the greatest shooter of all time, transcending the game of basketball to what it is now. He has a good chance to end up with more rings too. On the flip side though Curry has had just as much help as LeBron achieving what he has or even more possibly. Thompson will go down as a Top 3 shooter of all time that's played alongside of him his whole career. That undoubtedly has aided in him having so many open shots for his career. And while LeBron had Bosh/Wade in Miami and Love/Kyrie in Cleveland, Curry has had Thompson/Green then Thompson/Green/Durant during his prime years.

And while I tip my hat to Curry winning 3 rings in 5 tries. He also has zero Finals MVPs in the whole stretch squandering golden opportunities to submit himself into legendary status in Finals performances consistently.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:03 PM   #22
Bronbron23
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,096
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephonit
Telling KD while they recruited him that they could still win without him doesn't sound like begging.

3 67-win plus seasons suggest that the notion of an asterisk title is what deserves the asterisk.

Daryl Morey obsesses about the Warriors. They are his muse.
Morey probably does obsess about the warriors. They took his blueprint and did it better than Houston did.

Oh and enjoy the warriors struggling to just make the conference finals the next 4 or 5 years. Warriors will never win again and Steph will finish his career with zero fmvp's.
Bronbron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:08 PM   #23
ShawkFactory
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ATL
Posts: 6,853
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Watching these zoomers continue to debate with late millennials on curry vs lebron is fun as we sit on our MJ thrones.

Haters gonna hate.
Who exactly are people hating now? I mean...other than Lebron obviously
ShawkFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #24
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor
 
Bigsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 17,782
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

right now? sure whatever

but '09-'17 LeBron >>> Curry
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #25
Stephonit
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 801
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronbron23
Morey probably does obsess about the warriors. They took his blueprint and did it better than Houston did.

Oh and enjoy the warriors struggling to just make the conference finals the next 4 or 5 years. Warriors will never win again and Steph will finish his career with zero fmvp's.

D'Antoni deserves more credit than Morey with what he did with the Suns and if we are going by earliest to show similar ideas so does Don Nelson. But if we're going by who gave the ideas legitimacy due to actual success using them it is the Warriors and Curry in particular.

As for having the blueprint, many have noted the D'Antoni-Morey Rockets aside from the higher number of threes in relation to history don't play similarly to the Warriors at all.

FMVPs are a useless award devised by the league to give media a way to market their product by creating another Jordan-like figure. It serves no other purpose unless you value the opinions of six people a lot. That little Steph was able to block LeBron from Jordan status and has been able to produce a superior body of work despite not receiving their blessing has screwed up their narratives and creates additional animus towards Curry.

The Warriors were never supposed to win a title at all, the Thunder were supposed to be the up and coming team. Considering how wrong the conventional wisdom has been, I'll stick with Curry and the Warriors.

Last edited by Stephonit : 08-04-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Stephonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:58 PM   #26
Bronbron23
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,096
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephonit
D'Antoni deserves more credit than Morey with what he did with the Suns and if we are going by earliest to show similar ideas so does Don Nelson. But if we're going by who gave the ideas legitimacy due to actual success using them it is the Warriors and Curry in particular.

FMVPs are a useless award devised by the league to give media a way to market their product by creating another Jordan-like figure. It serves no other purpose unless you value the opinions of six people a lot.
Dantoni didn't change the game though. Morey did. Morey is the one who came up with the philosophy and analytics on why shooting more threes makes sense. Once Morey took over as Houstons gm they lead NBA three point attempts by a mile. Yeah warriors followed suit and did it better because they had the two best shooters ever but Morey is the one that started it and changed the game. Warriors and Steph in particular just made it popular. Don Nelson deserves credit also though I'll give u that.

As far as fmvp's. They definitely hold wait. It shows you were the best player on the biggest toughest stage. curry has never been that. The only time he came close was in 15 when the warriors beat a heavily depleted Cavs team and even then Iggy was just as influential in that series. Yeah Steph scored 10 more points a game but he was way less efficient. Iggy's defence on LeBron was way more important than the extra 10 inefficient points that curry scored.
Bronbron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:09 PM   #27
Stephonit
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 801
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronbron23
As far as fmvp's. They definitely hold wait. It shows you were the best player on the biggest toughest stage. curry has never been that. The only time he came close was in 15 when the warriors beat a heavily depleted Cavs team and even then Iggy was just as influential in that series. Yeah Steph scored 10 more points a game but he was way less efficient. Iggy's defence on LeBron was way more important than the extra 10 inefficient points that curry scored.

You're right they hold "wait" not weight. One must take a big healthy pause before opinions overrule actual results. There is clearly bias at work throughout the whole history of Curry and the Warriors so all opinion-based assessment of him is questionable. Curry is an outlier. There is no other player quite like him in NBA history and therefore just how large an impact he has is poorly understood. You ignore for example in your assessment that's Iguodala's efficiency is more than likely a product of Curry's presence on the court.
Stephonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #28
RealSkipBayless
Averaging 1.4 ppg
 
RealSkipBayless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Undisputed set
Posts: 2,009
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

He had one small blip on the radar where "curry is the best in the nba" started gaining traction.. With all his record breaking shooting feats and winning in 15'.

Then daddy Lebron bent him over his knee and spanked in 16' to the point where he had to get superstar level help.
RealSkipBayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:46 PM   #29
Stephonit
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 801
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless
He had one small blip on the radar where "curry is the best in the nba" started gaining traction.. With all his record breaking shooting feats and winning in 15'.

Then daddy Lebron bent him over his knee and spanked in 16' to the point where he had to get superstar level help.

Daddy LeBron? The guy who abandoned his team and city to run to Miami to join Wade to win for the first time? The guy who lobbied the league to suspend Draymond? LeBron fans need to stop projecting their issues with LeBron onto other players.
Stephonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:11 PM   #30
Wally450
Cancer
 
Wally450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,498
Default Re: Curry is better than Lebron, no debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephonit
Daddy LeBron? The guy who abandoned his team and city to run to Miami to join Wade to win for the first time? The guy who lobbied the league to suspend Draymond? LeBron fans need to stop projecting their issues with LeBron onto other players.

Your first point doesn't have anything to do with 2016. With your second point, they still had game 6 and game 7 with a healthy Draymond. Still couldn't get it done.

Case in point, Lebron went daddy mode in 2016.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube










Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy