Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #31
BlackVVaves
College star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
But not every player who says that has evidence to back that claim. Ron Ron lost a significant amount of weight and it shows in his fluidity on the court.

Very true, I expect Artest to be one of those players who does produce more based on his improved health.

Just saying, many players say this, prompting one to think they will have a career-best season. And then, they fall short. (Not Kobe persay, but NBA players in general over the years).
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #32
AirTupac
Emperor Qing James
 
AirTupac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16,216
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Everybody supposedly loses weight before the season. As I said... Caron Butler lost a more impressive 25 pounds. Bottom line is Artest has declined rapidly and it didn't have to do with his conditioning too much. Becoming a terrible shooter isn't about conditioning although it can't help.

Do you even remember how fat and awful Artest was last season? He came into training overweight because of the injuries that he was dealing with. He lost a lot of weight and his game has improved since the allstar break. He's put in even more work during the off season.

It had everything to do with his conditioning and injuries.
AirTupac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #33
maybeshewill13
How I feel in ur head
 
maybeshewill13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ═sjaki
Posts: 5,772
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
OKC fans
Best you got?
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #34
maybeshewill13
How I feel in ur head
 
maybeshewill13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ═sjaki
Posts: 5,772
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Yeah it keeps you coming back so it works.
Just serving you that sexual gratification you clearly desire my friend BTW notice I'm the only one here? **** thread.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #35
Clippersfan86
Clipper Nation Soldier
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20,705
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
Just serving you that sexual gratification you clearly desire my friend BTW notice I'm the only one here? **** thread.

Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #36
AirTupac
Emperor Qing James
 
AirTupac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16,216
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
Just serving you that sexual gratification you clearly desire my friend BTW notice I'm the only one here? **** thread.

Yeah you're the only one here...
AirTupac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #37
maybeshewill13
How I feel in ur head
 
maybeshewill13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ═sjaki
Posts: 5,772
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Yeah you're the only one here...

maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #38
BlackVVaves
College star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Everybody supposedly loses weight before the season. As I said... Caron Butler lost a more impressive 25 pounds. Bottom line is Artest has declined rapidly and it didn't have to do with his conditioning too much. Becoming a terrible shooter isn't about conditioning although it can't help.

The difference is, the context. When Artest finally lost weight towards the end of the season last year, he was averaging 15 PPG for those 2-3 weeks. And, when he got back from suspension, his jumper had more lift, as evident in his +40% from beyond the arc in the playoffs.

Butler, who knows if losing the weight will amount to anything? We don't, so we just have to wait and see. With Artest, we saw what he did when in shape and fit. So, it's not as farfetched to make an assumed assessment.

You talk about Artest declining rapidly...and what, Butler hasn't since his injury in 2011?
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #39
Clippersfan86
Clipper Nation Soldier
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20,705
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
The difference is, the context. When Artest finally lost weight towards the end of the season last year, he was averaging 15 PPG for those 2-3 weeks. And, when he got back from suspension, his jumper had more lift, as evident in his +40% from beyond the arc in the playoffs.

Butler, who knows if losing the weight will amount to anything? We don't, so we just have to wait and see. With Artest, we saw what he did when in shape and fit. So, it's not as farfetched to make an assumed assessment.

You talk about Artest declining rapidly...and what, Butler hasn't since his injury in 2011?

Naw Butler absolutely has but remember last season coming off a knee surgery 20+ pounds overweight he still put up 15 ppg first two months of season before his lack of conditioning caught him and his numbers plummeted. I just remember the last two seasons going in Artest said best shape of his life too. He's one of those guys you gotta take what he says with a grain of salt.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #40
AirTupac
Emperor Qing James
 
AirTupac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16,216
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Naw Butler absolutely has but remember last season coming off a knee surgery 20+ pounds overweight he still put up 15 ppg first two months of season before his lack of conditioning caught him and his numbers plummeted. I just remember the last two seasons going in Artest said best shape of his life too. He's one of those guys you gotta take what he says with a grain of salt.

Do you not see the difference in his movement? You look at the guys body and face in training videos and you can SEE the difference.
AirTupac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #41
BlackVVaves
College star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Naw Butler absolutely has but remember last season coming off a knee surgery 20+ pounds overweight he still put up 15 ppg first two months of season before his lack of conditioning caught him and his numbers plummeted. I just remember the last two seasons going in Artest said best shape of his life too. He's one of those guys you gotta take what he says with a grain of salt.

True, true. Artest really does look different though, and I mean, it's not him just being self-loathing. Everyone that has seen him over the summer has been raving about him, to the effect that ISH had to stomach a new Artest thread every week
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #42
Clippersfan86
Clipper Nation Soldier
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20,705
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
True, true. Artest really does look different though, and I mean, it's not him just being self-loathing. Everyone that has seen him over the summer has been raving about him, to the effect that ISH had to stomach a new Artest thread every week

not a fan of his?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #43
The Mamba
I rule the local playground
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 587
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Kobe feeling the best he has since 2006? Really? That's frightening.

I thought his he felt and was in great shape in 2008, though.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #44
Levity
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Levity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: long beach bred
Posts: 7,780
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I just remember the last two seasons going in Artest said best shape of his life too. He's one of those guys you gotta take what he says with a grain of salt.

really? i must have missed that. He must have no problem blatantly lying to laker fans, cause if he really said that, theres no way any la fan would have believed it to be true when he joined our team. In other words, no time in the first 2 seasons has he looked like he was in peak shape or even close to it.

I do however remember him saying that ever since he joined the lakers hes had chronic feet and back injuries that have hindered his game in every aspect, and not until april of this year has he been feeling like he can play basketball at the level he wants to. And now that its october, you can just look at artest and see an ocean of difference in his physique, shot, and overall basketball game.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #45
Clippersfan86
Clipper Nation Soldier
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20,705
Default Re: Kobe and Ron Feeling in Tip Top Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
really? i must have missed that. He must have no problem blatantly lying to laker fans, cause if he really said that, theres no way any la fan would have believed it to be true when he joined our team. In other words, no time in the first 2 seasons has he looked like he was in peak shape or even close to it.

I do however remember him saying that ever since he joined the lakers hes had chronic feet and back injuries that have hindered his game in every aspect, and not until april of this year has he been feeling like he can play basketball at the level he wants to. And now that its october, you can just look at artest and see an ocean of difference in his physique, shot, and overall basketball game.

Well I'm not saying it's false. Just saying he HAS said it before I believe it was last season and the one before.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube










Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy