Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: If you could take back one trade in your team's history, what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    Billups + Dice 4 cAnswer Iverson

I was very depressed after that trade
    Came in here to post this

Default Re: If you could take back one trade in your team's history, what would it be?

Any trade made by Paxson, or Stepien... Thanks guys you single handedly made some of the worst trades in NBA history . Ever heard of the Stepien rule? Well thank him for not being able to trade back to back firsts any more. The guy treated draft picks like dollar bills at a strip club.

Joe Johnson, Randy Brown, Milt Palacio and a 1st-round pick for Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk. Rogers and Delk were useful players, but the Suns wanted Kedrick Brown instead of Johnson, and the Celtics' idiot GM at the time, Chris Wallace (or someone in the front office, anyway), insisted on giving them JJ.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Guess you would have to go with Gail Goodrich for the pick that became Magic Johnson but they've had some other hideous moves.

I still think Dirk for Tractor Traylor on draft day is one of the worst trades of this generation.

As for Cavs trades I hated.........

We traded Ron Harper and some picks (one ended up being Loy Vaught) for Danny Ferry and Reggie Williams. Rumor was that Harper was dating the owners granddaughter and he was not having that. A lineup of Price/Ehlo/Harper/Nance/Daugherty with Hot Rod off the bench would of been awesome if they had all played enough together. We may have finally got past the Bulls.

Looking back though, the franchise has not made a lot of bad deals over the years and we usually got what we wanted for nothing. And before someone says they still didn't win it all, yes I am aware of that but we got what we wanted.

Trading Z for Jamison and getting Z right back.

Bron wanted Mo and Shaq. We got them for an aging Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, Damon Jones and Joe Smith. We then got Joe Smith back.

We got Kyrie Irving and Baron Davis for Mo and Jamario Moon.

Most of the other trades were what I consider a wash. When we got Shawn Kemp for Terrell Brandon is one of them. Some might say we got the better deal but Kemp's super stardom really went down when we got him.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    Billups + Dice 4 cAnswer Iverson

I was very depressed after that trade
    So was my dad, though he was on the other side(philly),

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Bricklayer's Avatar

I'd take back the Dominique Wilkins to Atlanta for John Drew and Freeman Williams trade in 1982. The Jazz apparently did it for 2 reasons: they were strapped for cash and Wilkins didn't want to play in Utah. If I were the Jazz, I would've called his bluff and told him to either play or ride the pine. Assuming he would've played and averaged his rookie numbers of 17.5 and 5.8, I bet the fans would've begun coming out anyway and making the financial problems disappear.

Then, when they picked up Stockton and Malone a couple years later, I bet Dom would've stayed in that threesome and given the Jazz at least one championship.

A lot of assumptions, but that would be a trade worth revisiting.

we sign 'n' traded bron to miami for a seconder rounder

if we could undo that one, that would be swell

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Basically every trade except for the one that netted us the Clippers 2011 First overall pick

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Cavs trade Lebron James for multiple picks & a trade exception

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer
    I'd take back the Dominique Wilkins to Atlanta for John Drew and Freeman Williams trade in 1982. The Jazz apparently did it for 2 reasons: they were strapped for cash and Wilkins didn't want to play in Utah. If I were the Jazz, I would've called his bluff and told him to either play or ride the pine. Assuming he would've played and averaged his rookie numbers of 17.5 and 5.8, I bet the fans would've begun coming out anyway and making the financial problems disappear.

Then, when they picked up Stockton and Malone a couple years later, I bet Dom would've stayed in that threesome and given the Jazz at least one championship.

A lot of assumptions, but that would be a trade worth revisiting.
    Jazz probably would have had to move if not for that 1 mill they got to pay on their loan to keep the team a float til Larry H. stepped in and saved the franchise. Also they already had a high scoring small forward. Hard to imagine Dominique being part of a championship team too. Hard to say they would have still had the same draft picks and been able to get Stockton and Malone. Might have traded Dantley and been a different team?

Pacers trading Antonio Davis for the 5th pick of the 1999 draft who turned out to be Jonathan Bender.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Blazers traded Moses Malone for a 1st round draft pick/player.

Malone would've negated Walton's injuries in Portland and the Blazers would've continued dominating in the late 70s to early 80's.

Edit: If he wasn't injured of course.
    Last edited by Joshumitsu; 10-07-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Chicago trading Aldridge for tyrus thomas
    Amen brotha

Also trading Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Harper for Ferry