Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers games will only air on Time Warner Cable.

I'd be mad pissed if they won't show the Lakers on LP...

It costs too much money for that kind of crap.

James Dolan owns Cablevision and we had the Knicks blacked out from Time Warner for bunch of games last season. But Linsanity came along and the outrage forced two sides to make a deal. So if that deal happened, I'm sure a deal will take place when the outrage factor gets high.

Banned

FirstRowSports has them all.

Those league pass rumors better not be true but I wouldn't be surprised if they were true. Cable...dish...media companies just love to screw us all over to make a few bucks.

Any news on AT&T Uverse users? lawl

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    FirstRowSports has them all.
    for shit quality.

If I can't watch my Lakers than I'm not sure if I need/really want league pass this year.

Banned

you guys are dumb if you think the nba wouldnt have rights to the nba... league pass isnt an outside source. its the nba.

exclusive rights my a** LOL

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

To all those concerned about league pass. Yes, league pass will stilll stream lakers games. Unless, of course, you live in southern california. Then, League pass games will be blacked out. So TWC reigns supreme down here when it comes to laker games.

And a little over a year ago i dropped that piece of shit provider, time warner cable, for fios. And then this bullshit happens. O well. I have no doubt that cable providers in the area make a deal with TW. because if they didnt, they would without a doubt lose a big chunk of their customers. Bars and restaurants alone would all have to switch to TWC if they wanted their regular basketball fans to come in during the season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    To all those concerned about league pass. Yes, league pass will stilll stream lakers games. Unless, of course, you live in southern california. Then, League pass games will be blacked out. So TWC reigns supreme down here when it comes to laker games.

And a little over a year ago i dropped that piece of shit provider, time warner cable, for fios. And then this bullshit happens. O well. I have no doubt that cable providers in the area make a deal with TW. because if they didnt, they would without a doubt lose a big chunk of their customers. Bars and restaurants alone would all have to switch to TWC if they wanted their regular basketball fans to come in during the season.

exactly

its the same thing we have here in ottawa for the hockey league pass senators games.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurt_rambis
    that's a fair point, but if their goal is to lure people away from directv and dish network making the lakers available on those services wouldn't really make sense. they're also expected to try and get exclusive access to the dodgers next year
    their goal is to force DirecTV, charter, Cox, etc to pay as high a per-subscriber licensing fee as possible to carry it on their networks, with the threat that Lakers fan will leave them if they can't view the games in their area. And they will get a premium per subscriber fee. Directv and others may just charge it back to the consumer though.

Banned

any filipinos here that have Time Warner ?

do they have filipino channels (TFC) ?

if it has that and laker games then I will probably switch

Made that high school varsity squad

To clarify the OP's first post, this is for Time Warner subscribers who live in Southern California and Hawaii. The Lakers' designated broadcast territory also includes Las Vegas, but the entire Vegas region is covered by Cox Cable.

The new channels (one each in English and Spanish) launch this coming Monday, and now since Time Warner just added NFL Network last week, they have a bit more leverage in regards to luring new subscribers from DirecTV or Dish Network.

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    any filipinos here that have Time Warner ?

do they have filipino channels (TFC) ?

if it has that and laker games then I will probably switch
    Yeah they should, I had Time Warner a couple months ago and it was there.

And I'll be pissed if Lakers games aren't there. Not a fan of them, but I like to watch their games.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Interesting. What if you have NBA league pass?

Hopefully for SoCal the NBA will lift the 75 mile limit (or whatever it is) if the deal doesn't go down.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    Hopefully for SoCal the NBA will lift the 75 mile limit (or whatever it is) if the deal doesn't go down.
    That's what im hoping for, as well. I dont mind paying the $100+ for league pass, considering i would be see up to 4 other teams games. But if Laker games are indeed blacked out, there wouldnt be enough incentive for me to buy it.