Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: Iverson returning...

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    You very well may be right, and Bayless may never become a starting PG in the NBA. The point I think we're trying to make is that Calderon has maxed out as a player and really isn't stater quality either. He's going to be 30 this year and by the time the Raptors are ready to contend, if ever, he won't be around anymore. Bayless is still relatively young. It's not like the Raptors are going to be competing for anything anytime soon so you might as well play the young guys and see what you've got. Bayless is under contract until 2013, in which he has a qualifying offer. Say the lockout doesn't end and the season is canceled, or is shortened. It's kinda like he only has one year left on his contract rather than two. He doesn't impress, you don't give him the QO, and cut ties with him. Same kind of scenario with James Johnson, although his deal is longer.

As for Iverson, no thanks. Nothing against him as a player, but with the direction the Raptors are going in, or should be going in, he just doesn't make sense.
    So Calderon isn't a legit starter... neither is Bargnani...
    Good thing we have Bayless, Weems and Amir to surround the Derozan/Davis core

Default Re: Iverson returning...

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    I have a wild idea but why not, for a 1 year contract, try Iverson out. Yes, he has had a troubled past but I think we should give him a try. Yes, call me crazy but we need to try something.
    No.

Iverson refused to come of the bench in Memphis. He isn't going to start helping teams now. He would be a good star attraction though to sell tickets.

But we don't need to sell tickets. We need to build a foundation. Iverson is not the answer anymore for any team.