Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Decent playground baller andredagiant's Avatar

Default NBA player's hands and feet??

Everyone always talking about how ben wallace has small hands, shaq has big hands, etc. Does anyone actually know how big and how small nba player's hands are? I can see why it effects their game as the ability to palm the ball benefits them greatly, but what about shaq apparently his hands are "too big"? Anyway what are your opinions and if anyone could give me an idea or link to a site that tells you how big the hands are? Also feet as well, shoe size, if possible.

Serious playground baller

Default Re: NBA player's hands and feet??

shaqs hands are too big because it covers too much surface of the basketball, and that disables an accurate shooting for free throws. It's like shooting a volleyball or something.

but then again, there's yao ming. I don't know if his hands are that big as well. so maybe it's just that shaq sucks at shooting.

Retro is in

In Portland, I received the Oregonian newspaper a month ago and an actual size of Greg Oden's hand was on the cover. He's got BIG hands!!

Retro is in

Kevin Durant has big hands too and we know how good of a shooter he is.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dodonpa
    shaqs hands are too big because it covers too much surface of the basketball, and that disables an accurate shooting for free throws. It's like shooting a volleyball or something.

but then again, there's yao ming. I don't know if his hands are that big as well. so maybe it's just that shaq sucks at shooting.
    No no...for Shaq, they say it's like shooting Tennis balls, not volleyballs... But that's not the only reason why he can't shoot FT's...there are people out there with big hands (maybe not Shaq big) who can shoot them..

Laker fans, remember how often Elden Campbell would lose the ball when he would go up for a dunk or lay up? Truth be told, Elden Campbell COULD NOT PALM A BASKETBALL! That's what Chick Hearn used to always say...he couldn't palm it even though he was 6'11"...pretty crazy.

"You know what they say about guys with big feet?"

[COLOR="White"]**Waitin' for someone who watches Fresh Prince to finish this statement**[/COLOR]
    Last edited by L.Kizzle; 08-20-2007 at 01:36 AM.

National High School Star

If you wanna see Kareems foot, go back and watch "Game of Death", he kicks Bruce Lee in the torso and leaves a huge footprint, lol.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    "You know what they syay about guys with big feet?"
    what does that tell you about yao ming?

Shaq also has limited movement in his wrists from a child hood accident, so he cant flick the ball for backspin.

I personally stand 6'6, and have size 16 feet, but my hand span is only 9 inches. I can barely palm a ball.

NBA rookie of the year

Kwame Brown has really small hands. Jordan had very big hands especially considering he was a shooting guard.

I remember going to the All-Star Cafe in Times Square in NYC before it closed down, and Shaq was playing for the Lakers at that time. There was a shoe in a glass case in the foyer of the restaurant that was Shaq's when he started with the Magic. It was a size 22 1/2 shoe, I believe. There was a description card on the glass that said it was still too small for him at that time. That thing was HUGE!

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Kwame Brown has really small hands. Jordan had very big hands especially considering he was a shooting guard.
    I heard a rumor that Latrell Sprewell have a very small hands that is why he always went for a Double Pump Tomahawk slam when he is dunking.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I heard a rumor that Latrell Sprewell have a very small hands that is why he always went for a Double Pump Tomahawk slam when he is dunking.
    Very possible but he isn't that big for an NBA player anyway. He is 6'4" and kind of skinny.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blazerfan22
    In Portland, I received the Oregonian newspaper a month ago and an actual size of Greg Oden's hand was on the cover. He's got BIG hands!!
    OMG! I say that paper too. I also saw his hands as he signed my hat. They're like baseball gloves (the leather too).

128 time NBA All Star Run&Gun=Fun's Avatar

Zarko Caparkapas hands were unaturally huge.... He could engulf his head with his hand.