Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Whose jersey should Toronto Raptors retire?

ESPN says Retire Kawhi day one

my candidates:
    Kawhi, Lowry, DeRozan (for all his contribution), Vanvleet, Spicy Pee, Nick Nurse

Default Re: Whose jersey should Toronto Raptors retire?

Vince Carter.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Vince Carter.
    This the answer, he really got Canada into basketball and made the Raps a household name... Lowry is getting right up there now though.

I'd say no on Kawhi... retired number after ONE season?!!?

DeRozan maybe in time as he is mostly considered a choker in Raps history right now, but he got better like 7 straight years in the regular season. He's a long shot in my book.

VV, Siakam, and Nurse haven't been around long enough yet, but they all could have a shot, VV is as clutch as anyone, Siakam is really good all over the floor and Nurse seems to be a master strategist who can figure out who needs to be on the floor for his team to win, time will tell.

Raps will be a tough out in the east even without Kawhi, Philly still can't shoot and people aren't giving Brogdon enough credit for how good the Bucks were last year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

LeBron

They're just like the Magic... they shouldn't retire anyone.

You don't retire jerseys for players who don't stay with you and you don't retire jerseys for players that don't win anything. You have to meet a certain number of years somewhere *and* have done something of substance.

Vince Carter never won a damn thing. Part of that was his team, but that's the way the cookie crumbles with legacies, unfortunately.

Kawhi was there one year essentially against his will and he bounced the first moment he got a chance despite the entire city collectively slobbering on his schlong for an extended period of time. He shot a thick load of ejaculate all over their face, in their eyes, across their nose... then... he zipped up his pants and left without so much as taking a piss to even clean out his urethra afterwards. Retire his number? The ****? LMAO.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon

You don't retire jerseys for players who don't stay with you and you don't retire jerseys for players that don't win anything. You have to meet a certain number of years somewhere *and* have done something of substance.

Vince Carter never won a damn thing. Part of that was his team, but that's the way the cookie crumbles with legacies, unfortunately.

Kawhi was there one year essentially against his will and he bounced the first moment he got a chance despite the entire city collectively slobbering on his schlong for an extended period of time. He shot a thick load of ejaculate all over their face, in their eyes, across their nose... then... he zipped up his pants and left without so much as taking a piss to even clean out his urethra afterwards. Retire his number? The ****? LMAO.
    Bingo.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

#6 being retired in orlando makes me cringe everytime i see it

Vince Carter and Kyle Lowry are the only ones that I feel are deserving of it.

Carter's will be done as long as they don't still feel salty about him leaving. I think Lowry's will be done also.

The criteria of winning anything isn't met many times among multiple players and for me it isn't as important. It still doesn't mean that player isn't an important part of the franchise's history. Carter brought the Raptors into the spotlight and led that franchise during their first playoff runs battling teams like the Knicks with Allan Houston, and the Sixers with Allen Iverson, and the Pistons with their great defensive team.

Lowry will get his retored because of his loyalty to the team and wanting to remain in Toronto, while also taking a step back for Kawhi and helping the team win a championship. He had a few surprising playoff performances during the 2019 playoffs.
    Last edited by Meticode; 08-19-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    LeBron
    But you have him 11th all time?

I would say VC would be the obvious choice. He was the franchises first big name player and honestly, probably was the only one until DeRozan. I just never felt like Bosh was "the man" there, nor did he ever take them deep anywhere.

This part I have to disagree with only because he gave them their only championship in franchise history... pretty big fvcking deal and jersey retirement worthy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Be like the Jazz and retire everyone and anyone! Now they want a statue for Sloan

He also gave the Raptors their first and only championship....

Vince literally started a whole generation of canadian kids to play bball.

Vince, Lowry, Derozan

Kawhi I don