Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: One of the X-Men Coming Out The Closet

I pretty much dropped all Marvel/DC stuff because of the constant reboots/re-imaging/ret-cons/crossover shit. They just change too much too often to keep track of it all.

I'm mostly just reading stuff from publishers like Icon, Image, Dark Horse, Vertigo and others like that nowadays.

Decent playground baller He Strong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Im pretty sure Hulk's son is a gay kid who can shapeshift in to being a man or woman, and is dating a gay Gambit ripoff.

Young Avengers was the last of these new super hero comics I ever read. Everyone said what an amazing book it was, and the best super hero comic in years. So I checked it out from the library and was like "What the **** am I reading?" All of the characters talk only in snarky one liners, the story made no sense and was impossibly complicated, everyone was gay and the big twist at the end of the story was that the girl captain America is a lesbian, and then Kate Bishop, the one young avenger who was straight, turns out to be gay too. You can't make this shit up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es

What the f*ck am I reading?!
    Funny enough, Gambit was my guess before clicking this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Bad idea when comics tries use social awareness.
    Actually, social awareness was the entire point of X-men.

There are only so many plotlines you can do with comics. They have all been used and abused and remade and retold with different writers.

Can't think of an interesting plotline? Quick, let's make one of our oldest and most popular characters come out of the closet! That should draw the readers in without alienating our existing fan-base. Absolutely brilliant!

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

This is the beginning of human extinction. Celebrate homosexuality in any way possible and watch the sheep line up to take a number.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Is that Jean Grey? I thought she was dead in the comics
    That is Jean Gray from the past. Iceman is too.

Apparently Iceman was gay since the 80's and he didn't realized it. Old Iceman should be a repressed gay too but I bet Marvel won't touch on that.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I pretty much dropped all Marvel/DC stuff because of the constant reboots/re-imaging/ret-cons/crossover shit. They just change too much too often to keep track of it all.

I'm mostly just reading stuff from publishers like Icon, Image, Dark Horse, Vertigo and others like that nowadays.
    The only thing Marvel I read is the Ultimate universe because it is following one storyline and no multiple reboots. It is a reimagined universe but it has been going strong for years so I don't think it will reboot anytime soon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    The only thing Marvel I read is the Ultimate universe because it is following one storyline and no multiple reboots. It is a reimagined universe but it has been going strong for years so I don't think it will reboot anytime soon.
    I'm pretty sure Ultimate Marvel is ending soon.

I'm pretty sure Ultimate Marvel is ending soon.
    It is? People have been saying that since 2005 though...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    This is the beginning of human extinction. Celebrate homosexuality in any way possible and watch the sheep line up to take a number.
    So you are going to take a number?

So family guy was right?

NBA Legend

Women are naturally less aggressive and competitive bc less testosterone. Therefore they tend to be more accepting, open, nurturing etc.

So women are big on pro-gay stuff. Therefore all the beta men, like deucewallaces, play UP their tolerance to try to impress these women since they cant compete for their attention with traditional masculine qualities.

This is simply the truth. Doesnt mean guys have to hate gays. I dont like seeing anyone harrassed or persecuted, and I dont care who's gay, but I also dont feel any compulsion to vocally slurp the pro-gay agenda the way beta dudes like droid, deuce, rose city, etc all do bc I dont need to make it part of my identity to have a chance with women.

Dudes that are hardcore about homosexual acceptance are usually scrawny beta liberal dudes with greasy hair and thrift store clothes and high voices and yucky beards that watch the daily show and the john oliver show n shit. Just flat out soft beta dudes. The kind that let women dictate and call the shots. It is what it is.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 04-22-2015 at 07:32 PM.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

also, thor is now a girl and loki is a homosexual little kid. There's a reason comic sales are dropping! People can't get in to this retarded shit! Just write normal shit closer in tone to the movies that isn't convoluted shit and more people will buy them.

Who are they trying to appeal to with this shit!? Young Ice Man is gay, exists in the same universe as old Ice Man who is straight. Oh yeah and we'll turn Thor in to a girl and de-age Loki and turn him in to a little kid and make him gay too-seriously who the phuck comes up with that garbage and thinks its a good idea.

I have nothing against gay people but that kind of storytelling is just retarded.
    1997 $300-320 million
    1998 $280-300 million
    1999 $270-290 million
    2000 $255-275 million
    2001 $260-285 million
    2002 $300-330 million
    2003 $350-400 million
    2004 $420-480 million
    2005 $475-550 million
    2006 $575-640 million
    2007 $660-700 million
    2008 $680-710 million
    2008 $680-710 million
    2009 $650-700 million
    2010 $660-690 million
    2011 $690 million*
    2012 $735 million*
    2013 $780 million*
    2014 Estimate coming soon!
    http://www.comichron.com/yearlycomicssales.html

^^^ comic book sales numbers for North America

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    ^^^ konex worthy statement

you are in for some disappointment.