Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Utah Jazz : playoffs?

I am really looking forward to see the Jazz play this season. They have finally got rid of Paul Millsap and AJ who is by any means not bad players but they were hindering the progress of Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter. This year they will finally have a starting frontcourt of Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter, who if you ask me is two of the most promising big men in the league.

Derrick Favors should become a defensive beast with a solid offensive game, I have not seen his measurements but his wingspan looks ridiculous. Something around 2,7-3 blocks a game is something he most likely will be getting with more playing time. A sure double-double also.

And Enes Kanter always been a bit inconsistent but he is very yound and we saw prove of what he can do against Bobcats he had I think a 20/20 game. I know he played against the Bobcats with a chucking Byron. Much better offensive player than Derrick. He has been working really really hard, I remember him being a bit on the fat side but he has done a complete turn around, he looks like Ibaka nowadays.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/f...playground.jpg

The backcourt if they are lucky they will have Alec Burks and Trey Burke. I do not have a lot of background on either but Trey Burke seems promising.

I also hope Gordon Hayward gets it done this year, it is time for him.

This is one of the teams I will be following religiously this year. Mostly because they have two of the most promising players and also Gordon Hayward.

Does anyone believe in a playoff spot for them? or is it to early?

Default Re: Utah Jazz : playoffs?

I doubt it I think the trailblazers will get in this year along with the usuals:
    (No particular order)
    Okc
    Sas
    Hou
    Gs
    Lac
    Dal
    Lal
    Port

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious

Too early, they will be one of the worst teams this season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Too early, they will be one of the worst teams this season.
    Really? I believe they will have a good defensive team, inside they will have Derrick Favors and also Enes who can move around with his size and in the perimeter they have Alec Burks and Gordon Hayward.

Offense might be a bit of a problem though. But I can see them tank for Jabari, that would be a good story for them, with him being a mormon and all.

High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

no matter how much you may want to believe it, a favors/enes frontcourt will not be better than a millsap/jefferson frontcourt in their first year, and probably not their second year either.

Favors is incredibly raw still.
    and Kanters is not that talented. his post moves are not that great and he has really no athleticism or length to make up for it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Favors is incredibly raw still.
    and Kanters is not that talented. his post moves are not that great and he has really no athleticism or length to make up for it.
    I did not watch Utah all too much last season but from what I saw was a very good scorer in Kanter. Solid post game that he has been putting a lot of work in too, I saw some of that in the games I watched and he should be vastly improved this year. Can hit it from mid range and sure he isn't a freak athlete but let us not act like he is a fat slob. He can get around.

Favors I cannot disagree with you but we shall see what he has in storage for this year. He will be the starter of course so minutes will not be a problem for either of them.

Id love to see what the Utah fans have to say about them, are there any around?

Learning to shoot layups

Nah, we`re going to really struggle this year. We have a very tough scheduele for the first 15-20 games, and every win in this period will be a surprise. A team starting John Lucas III and having Jeremy Evans and Andris Biedrins as 3rd and 4th bigs, can`t be expected to compete in this league.

What many of us fans hope for, is that the kids progress and keep us in the games, while the bench make sure we lose.

Banned

No. The jazz are gonna suck.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    No. The jazz are gonna suck.
    This, they will suck a lot this season. But that's a good thing really, let this team grow and add more pieces and they will be set for the future.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious
    I am really looking forward to see the Jazz play this season. They have finally got rid of Paul Millsap and AJ who is by any means not bad players but they were hindering the progress of Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter.
    Millsap is missed. There was room for him. Jefferson should have never been acquired.

This year they will finally have a starting frontcourt of Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter, who if you ask me is two of the most promising big men in the league.

Derrick Favors should become a defensive beast with a solid offensive game, I have not seen his measurements but his wingspan looks ridiculous. Something around 2,7-3 blocks a game is something he most likely will be getting with more playing time. A sure double-double also.
    Still yet to see this offensive game for Favors.

And Enes Kanter always been a bit inconsistent but he is very yound and we saw prove of what he can do against Bobcats he had I think a 20/20 game. I know he played against the Bobcats with a chucking Byron. Much better offensive player than Derrick. He has been working really really hard, I remember him being a bit on the fat side but he has done a complete turn around, he looks like Ibaka nowadays.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/f...playground.jpg
    He was never fat except maybe in the off season. Always been better than Favors and unlike Favors has continued to grow.

The backcourt if they are lucky they will have Alec Burks and Trey Burke. I do not have a lot of background on either but Trey Burke seems promising.
    Check in later in the year when he returns!

I also hope Gordon Hayward gets it done this year, it is time for him.
    Gets what done? He's been getting it done in the past.

This is one of the teams I will be following religiously this year. Mostly because they have two of the most promising players and also Gordon Hayward.

I can see them tank for Jabari, that would be a good story for them, with him being a mormon and all.
    They're obviously tanking. Lucas is not a rotation player. Now his apparently starting!

no matter how much you may want to believe it, a favors/enes frontcourt will not be better than a millsap/jefferson frontcourt in their first year, and probably not their second year either.
    Debatable considering how badly Jefferson sucked!

Kanters is not that talented
    I guess. He sure looks good to me and continues to improve.

Favors I cannot disagree with you but we shall see what he has in storage for this year. He will be the starter of course so minutes will not be a problem for either of them.
    Except for Favors continued foul problems. Should come off the bench until he figures that out.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

I believe they still can grind a 40 win season but will likely miss the playoffs.
    If Favors learns to stay out of foul trouble he could put up solid numbers this season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

10 is looking like a good season now with Lucas starting.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I doubt playoffs, but they certainly have a lot of young talent.

It's a pity that Burke injured his finger, otherwise it would've been interesting to see how well they would've gelled as a unit.

Uh, nah.

Still, at least the team does appear to have a plan, so it's not like they're the Bobcats or anything.