Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard or Gordon Hayward

He's black so he's more athletic, right...

Hayward is clearly more athletic. But Leonard doesn't need as much athleticism as him because of his INSANE length and hands.

Anyway, I think Kawaii has a slightly higher peak but I don't think he can stuff the stat sheet as much as Hayward could. Unless he's finally given the keys to the Spurs.

I've talked shit about Leonard in the past but I'd absolutely take him over Hayward.

Hayward can be a point forward better than Kawhi, but he's still not all that good at that. Kawhi is a better defender, better shooter.

Hayward hasn't proven anything and hasn't done anything in his career to deserve the hype he gets.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Hayward has chased many guys down for blocks.
    In the WCF against westbrook in overtime though? lol

While I don't deny that Hayward has blocked shots in transition, can we really question the defensive disparity between the two .. and also can we really call that kawhi block a "chase down" block in the vain of tayshaun on reggie miller? we're talking semantics, but it's much different than kawhi's imo. Kawhi's guarding jackson in transition, with his great defensive instincts spins in a split second to guard westbrook and manages to get all ball, AND the ball back . Beast of a defensive move and clutch

shooting/scoring - kawhi (might not see it now but i think he can create for himself slightly better. he's also more than a full year younger and i see his peak being better. hayward is still wildy inconsistent shooting wise)

rebounding - kawhi

passing - hayward (he's simply one of the best passing SF's in the league, prob in my top 3)

defense - kawhi (not much of an argument here)

overall, it's rather easily kawhi. i see kawhi being a multiple time all star and hayward might sniff it once

National High School Star

WOW someone compared Kawhi to Marion??...

Yea maybe if Marion had a shot like LARRY BIRD and strength/tenacity of RON ARTEST

Kawhis shot is beautiful and clutch... been trained by MASTER SHOOTING COACH Chip from the Spurs,,kawhi shot 60% from FG and 50% from 3pt in the FINALS! against the best defender in the league!!

kawhi is a hybrid of scottie pippen and larry bird without the amazing passing (tho kawhi is an above average passer)

ill take kawhi over paul george, lance stephenson, and even durant, depending on the build of the team.
    Last edited by unbreakable; 07-04-2014 at 03:45 AM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    WOW someone compared Kawhi to Marion??...

Yea maybe if Marion had a shot like LARRY BIRD...

Kawhis shot is beautiful and clutch... been trained by MASTER SHOOTING COACH Chip from the Spurs,,kawhi shot 60% from FG and 50% from 3pt in the FINALS! against the best defender in the league!!

kawhi is a hybrid of scottie pippen and larry bird without the amazing passing (tho kawhi is a above average passer)

Anyways, it's Kawhi by a mile.

Anyone who picks hayward just wants to argue.No sane person would pick someone who looked lost as a 1st option over a finals mvp

Good High School Starter

Kawhi is the difference between a first-round exit and a championship.

the system didn't work in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 .... the system still doesn't work without Kawhi.

Kawhi wasn't ready in 2011 ... the Spurs have have been incredibly fortunate to find a stoic gym rat who absorbs things very quickly.

Banned

Amazing how overrated Leonard has become--dude would be absolute trash on Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Amazing how overrated Leonard has become--dude would be absolute trash on Utah.

I think he's overrated, but he's better than Gordon Hayward.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Why is this even a thread?

Leonard just one FMVP with Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli on his team. He's a great system player on offense, and is an awesome defensive player with great instincts.

Gordon Hayward is at best a second option on a good team, probably more like a third option.
    While Hayward once again failed to bring a championship to Utah lol.

-Smak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I think he's overrated, but he's better than Gordon Hayward.
    No he's not. Hayward is better than him at everything in the game of basketball. Leonard is like a Trevor Ariza level player who would be massively exposed if he ever left San Antonio.

NBA rookie of the year

Kawhi is the reason Bran is holding Miami hostage in free agency

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Kawhi is the reason Bran is holding Miami hostage in free agency

17.8 ppg. I think he's the lowest scoring finals MVP in the modern era.

Lebron averaged 28.6 ppg in the nba finals. Leonard is a solid role player for the spurs, but it was the spurs defense and balance scoring that prevailed against the Heat.

PS

and please stop trolling, I know it hurts that he destroyed your Bulls in the playoffs since 2009.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 07-04-2014 at 10:51 AM.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

i cant believe how winning a finals mvp simply puts a player clearly over 1 player.

I wont be surprised if people would actually put leonard over Paul george simply because he is the FVMP.

I know leonard performed well ...

Am just wondering though if leonard is on utah and hayward is on the spurs .. do you seriously think leonard can carry that team ?