Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Default Anyone conssidered roids before??

Its took me 5 months of eating my guts out and training hard to go from 89kg to 95kg and got sick for like 4 days and lost all my gains. Its so damn frustrating. I was eating 5 meales a day chicken brown rice tuna protein shakes etc you name it man and it was a very slow process but i stuck it out as hard as i could. At no point did i feel hunger, in fact i constantly felt bloated and tried to train even harder to work up an appetite. It took 3 or so months before anyone even noticed ffs. And 1 lousy week of being sick and its all gone.

Ive been back on my gainer diet for a month now and am really losing motivation. Its demoralizing watching my mesomorph mates just hold their miscle effortlessly while im killing myself to get up there.

Im been going to the gym for about 9 years since i was 18. And because I can never bulk up big enough ive never really done the cutting phase.

When i first started training i had a physique like a lightweight nate diaz. Nowadays i look like a middleweight anderson silver (minus the fighting ability) 6 foot 1 89kgs.

My goal look is something like somewhere between ryan reynolds john morrison or ryan reynold kinda thing.

Im seriously considering steroids. Now before anyone post links about health side effects from the net ive read seen and heard it all. But ive heard a very different story from some of the users.

I was wondering if anybody here is a iser and can give me some pointers on using cycling and real experience on effects.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone conssidered roids before??

Actors take steroids. It's impossible to naturally get really big and ripped at the same time, especially in only a few months like that guy from Thor (who was skinny before).
    You listen to those actors and they will say that they ate a lot and trainned really hard. People do that everyday and dont get huge and ripped.

And I would tell you not to take roids. Some of my friends have done it here in Brazil. Yes, they got huge fast. But the thing is one is depressed because of erectile disfunction. Other dude is 29 year old and bald.

You're probably just training incorrectly if you're looking like Anderson Silva after that long of training.

Train according to your goals. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you've stuck mainly to 1 or 2 workouts the whole time, and your main goal was to just lift as much as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    You're probably just training incorrectly if you're looking like Anderson Silva after that long of training.

Train according to your goals. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you've stuck mainly to 1 or 2 workouts the whole time, and your main goal was to just lift as much as possible?
    Lol no. Ive done shitloads. When you train for 9 years and dont see results you mix it up alot. Ive religiously researched trained with others etc. Admittedly i quite often fall off the rails (usually when u i start to see satisfactory progress and my hunger starts to fizz.)

Ive even done the whole counting calories business with the micronutrient monitoring and kept quite disciplined.

Im well aware of being conscious of muscle mind connection how to engage, isolate, compound muscle groups etc. Where to keep my rep ranges on certain excercises for strength or hypertrophy etc.

Believe me ive been through it all. Im not saying u cant do it. I know i can. My major obstacles admittedly are being an ectomorph/hard gainer. But more realistically my inability to stay consistent. I work hard and smart but i lack the consistency element of my journey.

I seem to go hard for six months then drop off for 2. I always get back on board but after 9 years i havent really nailed my goal. Being a kobe fan makes me want to keep trying to do it the hard way which i feel morally satisfied with. Ive even gone down the path of attempting body acceptance but fug that sht.

So im always tempted to do a kevin durant and look for an easier road. Otherwise i might retire ringless lmao

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Lol no. Ive done shitloads. When you train for 9 years and dont see results you mix it up alot. Ive religiously researched trained with others etc. Admittedly i quite often fall off the rails (usually when u i start to see satisfactory progress and my hunger starts to fizz.)

Ive even done the whole counting calories business with the micronutrient monitoring and kept quite disciplined.

Im well aware of being conscious of muscle mind connection how to engage, isolate, compound muscle groups etc. Where to keep my rep ranges on certain excercises for strength or hypertrophy etc.

Believe me ive been through it all. Im not saying u cant do it. I know i can. My major obstacles admittedly are being an ectomorph/hard gainer. But more realistically my inability to stay consistent. I work hard and smart but i lack the consistency element of my journey.

I seem to go hard for six months then drop off for 2. I always get back on board but after 9 years i havent really nailed my goal. Being a kobe fan makes me want to keep trying to do it the hard way which i feel morally satisfied with. Ive even gone down the path of attempting body acceptance but fug that sht.

So im always tempted to do a kevin durant and look for an easier road. Otherwise i might retire ringless lmao
    I dunno man. I've always found it easy to gain and to lose, but then again, I can eat 4k cals and maintain my weight just about. I'm similar in size to you. 6'3 and anywhere from 90kg-105kg depending on the season and the goals.

If you find it hard to gain, I'd reccommend doing pyramid style sets for all your bigger movements. If you're benching, do 12, 10, 8, 6, 8, 10, 12. Same with squats and deadlifts. No point doing a lot of isolation shit if you can't gain any weight. Stick to the big movements. They release the most testosterone and you move more weight. Naturally the muscle becomes stronger, and it reaches a point where it becomes the strongest it can at a particular size, that it has to grow for added improvement.

Try pyramid sets for like 6 weeks. Pick 3 movements for each bodypart. Make sure they are heavy, big movement exercises.
    Chest day would be flat, incline and maybe dips.
    Back would be deadlifts, pull ups and any type of row you like, etc.
    Legs would be squats, lunges and leg press, etc.
    Throw in shoulders on leg day.
    Rest in the middle of the week, then back at it Friday to Sunday. So your only rest day is a Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    Actors take steroids. It's impossible to naturally get really big and ripped at the same time, especially in only a few months like that guy from Thor (who was skinny before).
    You listen to those actors and they will say that they ate a lot and trainned really hard. People do that everyday and dont get huge and ripped.

And I would tell you not to take roids. Some of my friends have done it here in Brazil. Yes, they got huge fast. But the thing is one is depressed because of erectile disfunction. Other dude is 29 year old and bald.
    I dunno about Thor though. Dude has always been quite athletic. He is no where near as cut as he usually is when he plays Thor. A lot bigger, but not as lean.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I honestly think most of us have at least 'thought' about it.

Whether we grew up being scrawny or wanted to get bigger, faster, stronger we've thought about it to some degree.

It's true that you'll never be 250 lean natural

Being over 200 lean is pretty endgame as a natural, that's if you train the whole body

People advise maxing out naturally which is realistically 4-5 years of hard solid training

Concerns for taking roids before that... If you are young you might do permanent damage to your endocrine system

Muscle grows faster than the collagen/connective tissues/etc

That's why it's advisable to atleast have a solid few years of hard training under your belt

I mean, if you want to do it go ahead... I plan to use when I get older and my levels start declining

Honestly from reading your posts, I think you should do a strength training focus on the big three lifts for half a year or something

I've always found lifting heavy and continually progressing is what brings the most enjoyment and value to training as a natural

Outside of clear ideological views for getting on the bike, you should ask BigNBAfan on this subject

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I dunno about Thor though. Dude has always been quite athletic. He is no where near as cut as he usually is when he plays Thor. A lot bigger, but not as lean.

That trapezius looks like those of people in roids. Trapezius and back muscles grow faster under steroids. " due to the large amount of androgens receptors found in the trapezius muscle they just blow to enormous proportions when people take anabolic steroids".

That's what, 1,2 years apart? Not normal.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Idk how you could possibly be proud of yourself

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Are you trying to become a rugby league player or just doing it because you want to get bigger? Doesn't seem like it's worth the risk.

Move out of the gold coast brah.

   

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Anyone conssidered roids before??
    not too much, but from what i understand, most people will in fact get hemorrhoids at some point in their lives.

fortunately they can usually be treated without surgery.

I never have in my life. Personally I try to put the least amount knowingly foreign substances or man-made or un-natural substances in my body as possible. I just really don't want to depend on pills like a lot of the modern world does.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Are you trying to become a rugby league player or just doing it because you want to get bigger? Doesn't seem like it's worth the risk.

Move out of the gold coast brah.
    Haha no. Basketball player living in darwin actually.