Arrow So.. How cute 'N' funny was this Bernie young people revolution shit!

Was schooo cute! Cuties! Hehehe!

Young people are all the same... Dream big, easy to hope.. They have no understanding of history, or the wisdom from experience. Every generation of youth is the same... CHANGE, CHANGE, CHANGE!

So cute. But alas, the truth is revealed and they never had a chance. Welcome to the real world kiddos. Idealists BTFO!

Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope. - Aristotle

Default Re: So.. How cute 'N' funny was this Bernie young people revolution shit!

fool, you dont get it either. you need young people who are full of ambition to push the envelop for society to evolve. it is necessary and not for nothing.

Default Re: So.. How cute 'N' funny was this Bernie young people revolution shit!

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    fool, you dont get it either. you need young people who are full of ambition to push the envelop for society to evolve. it is necessary and not for nothing.

"you dont know shit" - Nathanstotle.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Why did Sanders not want to be Hilary's VP running mate ????

4 years he would of walked into the presidency.

   

i'll give sanders this-- he seems like one of the very few contenders who is actually a decent human being.

he talked some pie-in-the-sky campaign nonsense that no doubt appeals to many, including young people, but maybe young democrats were also the best at spotting the most genuine of the candidates. unlike the other three finalists, he really does care about peoples welfare, i think.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    Why did Sanders not want to be Hilary's VP running mate ????

4 years he would of walked into the presidency.
    I think he would not have worked as her VP and I think he knew that. Also I don't think what Bernie wanted was the driving factor here was it? It was what she wanted.

Also, how would he become president in 4 years?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Was schooo cute! Cuties! Hehehe!

Young people are all the same... Dream big, easy to hope.. They have no understanding of history, or the wisdom from experience. Every generation of youth is the same... CHANGE, CHANGE, CHANGE!

So cute. But alas, the truth is revealed and they never had a chance. Welcome to the real world kiddos. Idealists BTFO!

Sounds about like what people told abolitionists. We always win homey. Check YOUR history.

(I'm 33, so IDK if I'm we any more)

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i'll give sanders this-- he seems like one of the very few contenders who is actually a decent human being.

he talked some pie-in-the-sky campaign nonsense that no doubt appeals to many, including young people, but maybe young democrats were also the best at spotting the most genuine of the candidates. unlike the other three finalists, he really does care about peoples welfare, i think.
    Pie in the sky eh? Like, doing what all other functional countries already do? Yah, truly pie in the sky........

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Pie in the sky eh? Like, doing what all other functional countries already do? Yah, truly pie in the sky........
    it's not pie in the sky because it doesn't work in other places. it's pie in the sky because #1 no way is sanders going to effect change remotely as rapidly as he's pushing for, #2 the USA's balance of power and influence, plus the workings of the political system and makeup of the culture all constitute a unique beast. pointing at other countries and saying "we should have what they have because it's reasonable and it's logical" isn't nearly enough to change anything.

because when you become president, you don't get to re-create the system according to your belief system or whatever. IMO the most effective president is the one who knows how to play the game while also using their limited but key opportunities to make a difference.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    it's not pie in the sky because it doesn't work in other places. it's pie in the sky because #1 no way is sanders going to effect change remotely as rapidly as he's pushing for, #2 the USA's balance of power and influence, plus the workings of the political system and makeup of the culture all constitute a unique beast. pointing at other countries and saying "we should have what they have because it's reasonable and it's logical" isn't nearly enough to change anything.

because when you become president, you don't get to re-create the system according to your belief system or whatever. IMO the most effective president is the one who knows how to play the game while also using their limited but key opportunities to make a difference.
    Bernie is not deluded, he probably knew he stood no chance of winning the nomination let alone the Presidency, let alone getting anything through Congress. His campaign was all about reinvigorating the progressive movement and getting Americans to dream about reforming the country for the better. He's had limited success in that some of his policy proposals have been absorbed into Clinton's platform and some others, whilst impractical will have entered into the public consciousness and may be revisited by future generations. Poverty, healthcare, education, the environment, those are important issues that are not going to go away and they need to be addressed not paid lip service to.

Right now the U.S. leads the world in military expenditure and the number of its citizens that it incarcerates. Some of the ghettoes in this country are on par with what you see in a third world and you combine that with the rate of violent crime and its not a pretty picture. Shit, in the city that I live in black kids are twice as likely to die before their 18th birthday as white kids. That's not some hick town in the South, it's in California in the year 2016. It's absurd as it is embarrassing.

Clearly there are many things wrong in the US right now and the parties who have brought us to this place have failed many of their constituents. They have placed special interests over the interests of the people. It's the reason why Bernie and Trump's campaigns have had so much traction, people are sick of the status quo and they are hungering for something different.

   

@west_tip,
    the steady progress in marijuana legislature will hopefully be a big lever against the disgusting for-profit prison system and the number of young black mens lives who are ruined by related stuff.

It's the reason why Bernie and Trump's campaigns have had so much traction, people are sick of the status quo and they are hungering for something different.
    i understand / agree with most of what you say across your post, but i think the problem with this particular type of thinking is that it's basically like wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

that is, as long as we all want to live the high-consumptive, unsustainable 'american lifestyle', it's going to create major problems that are ultimately unsolvable no matter whose skin the snake is wearing. yes, people need hope and faith to keep on going, but changing out the leadership on a regular basis won't change the basic situation.

i'd love to have the progressive stuff that germany and some other euro countries have, such as major subsidies for education, renewable energy and universal healthcare, but it works because people on the whole strongly want that stuff over there. here, it's much more divided upon and even strongly resisted. it can't be enforced from the top against the peoples' will, and the american dream of making it big as an individual directly works against the more 'we're in this thing together' mentality of many top euro nations.

maybe sanders chose to to send a similar message on the stage of big politics, but IMO it's not really the best place and time for such a thing. it's not something to get fired up about, but something to get passionate about with a calm and collected mind. this is a big problem i have with rabid progressives and SJW's and those type of folks. too much barking and agitating and not enough living by example.

i think much more effective is to have a hugely popular movement that flows through the country like you had in the 60's, but more sustainability-oriented and less hedonistic.