Default Welcome to Milwaukee, Michael Carter-Williams

Welcome to Milwaukee, Michael Carter-Williams

Instead of standing pat with a group that has compiled a surprising 30-23 record at the all-star break, the Bucks sent leading scorer and guard Brandon Knight to Phoenix as part of a three-team deal involving the Suns and Philadelphia 76ers.

The Bucks acquired 2014 NBA Rookie of the Year Michael Carter-Williams, a guard, from the 76ers and rookie point guard Tyler Ennis and center Miles Plumlee from the Suns in a deal designed to enhance roster and salary flexibility.

-- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Default Re: Welcome to Milwaukee, Michael Carter-Williams

The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired guard Michael Carter-Williams from Philadelphia, and guard Tyler Ennis and center Miles Plumlee from Phoenix, in a three-team deal that sends Brandon Knight and Kendall Marshall to the Suns, General Manager John Hammond announced last night. In a corresponding roster move, the Bucks also requested waivers on forward Kenyon Martin.

Default Re: Welcome to Milwaukee, Michael Carter-Williams

The lanky guard believes he will be able to play differently with the Bucks.

"I believe that I'm a winner," Carter-Williams said. "I've won pretty much my whole life and this last year and a half has been a struggle.

"It's something I've had to go through. I've always believed that brighter days were ahead of me, and I think those brighter days start now."

-- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel