Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Weed is the most dangerous drug ...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    people would be surprised if they knew just how many professionals smoke weed. I personally know plenty of very successful people who enjoy smoking. Plenty of professionals don't get drug tested.

You can replace weed with video games, alcohol, TV, etc., moderation is key. Doesn't matter what the vice is.
    I'm only concern about poor people. If you want a job that pays $3 more than minimum wage, most likely the job can afford to drug test you. You don't need a college degree to earn a decent living. You just need to be clean and pass that drug test. The facts speak for themselves: failing a drug test is the number 1 reason that is keeping poor people from attaining a decent career and in prison.

people would be surprised if they knew just how many professionals smoke weed. I personally know plenty of very successful people who enjoy smoking. Plenty of professionals don't get drug tested.

You can replace weed with video games, alcohol, TV, etc., moderation is key. Doesn't matter what the vice is.
    Yeah, I never get drug tested. I still only smoke like once a month at most but it's nice to have the option to enjoy in moderation.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

plenty of successful people get drunk every now and then too...it doesn't mean anything

some vices are worse than others, they aren't all equal, a video game addiction is child's play compared to a heroin addiction

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

I might as well post this since this thread is headed to an alcohol vs marijuana debate

http://www.upworthy.com/when-it-come...hard-to-ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspah
    Further proving why you're a sheep.

Driven baked. Driven drunk. Driving baked is like 5% more dangerous than driving sober, meanwhile driving drunk is at the very least 50% more dangerous.

Source: me

Your argument vs weed is fine but misguided. Weed should not be illegal. You coming in here talking shit about weed is troll esque because most of us believe weed should be legal since we understand alcohol is much more dangerous
    Real talk.

Are you working at a minimum wage job?

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Real talk.

Are you working at a minimum wage job?

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    i agree. But if doctors and rich people smoke it during their days off, it's fine.
    If you are poor as sh1t and jobless, and u spend your government cheese on weed, then you have problems.
    I dont think successful people wait until off days lol

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    If you don't agree with me, you work minimum wage.
    It's a legit question and I don't mean to ridicule him in anyway. I've worked at a minimum wage job before and I was smoking pot daily because they can give two f*cks if you're high. When I got a decent career, I had to stop that sh*t real quick. I will never smoke another joint again for as long as I live considering how much my life has improved now compared to my pot smoking days.

I'm talking about how it affects your entire livlihood and not just your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I dont think successful people wait until off days lol
    Truth. I smoke daily. not before work, not during, not as soon as im off, but once i get home for the night. i also consider myself successful for my age.

are their people that fit OPs description? of course. but the way OP states it, youd think there would be no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    I might as well post this since this thread is headed to an alcohol vs marijuana debate

http://www.upworthy.com/when-it-come...hard-to-ignore
    good vid

I'm pretty sure that most people understand that booz are more dangerous than pot, I'm not sure I buy into the theory that everyone in our Gov. thinks pot is on the same level as heroin. They know wtf it is.

Truth. I smoke daily. not before work, not during, not as soon as im off, but once i get home for the night. i also consider myself successful for my age.

are their people that fit OPs description? of course. but the way OP states it, youd think there would be no exception.
    There is however no way for you to know how smoking every night has effected your life. Perhaps you would be a billionaire had you never smoked.

Not trying to pick on you, I just don't like it when smokers play the "look at me I have a things! pot never did me wrong!" card

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    There is however no way for you to know how smoking every night has effected your life. Perhaps you would be a billionaire had you never smoked.

Not trying to pick on you, I just don't like it when smokers play the "look at me I have a things! pot never did me wrong!" card
    yeah, i get what youre saying and dont disagree, either. i try to steer clear of the "look at me" card, but i just wanted to counter OP's all-encompassing remarks with evidence, that at least applies to me.

I'm basing my argument on two premises:

1. Millions have failed a drug test.

2. The highest percentage of arrests is pot related.

Taking those factors into consideration, pot is not completely harmless like many people are making it out to be. Comparing it to alcohol is a nice way to multilate my sound argument.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    It has destroyed many careers and has prevented many poor people from ever getting a job with decent pay. I don't care what anyone says about how weed is completely harmless. How can it be harmless when people are losing their livlihood over this sh*t?
    How is it worse than Heroin?

Some people try Heroin once and then their sole mission after that becomes to obtain Heroin again, even if it means stealing money from family to do so.

Or worse than PCP who some people take 2 hits of and then run around naked trying to kill people while on?

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    How is it worse than Heroin?

Some people try Heroin once and then their sole mission after that becomes to obtain Heroin again, even if it means stealing money from family to do so.

Or worse than PCP who some people take 2 hits of and then run around naked trying to kill people while on?
    The facts. More people have lost their jobs and gone to prison than any other drug. Everything else is subjective; you can argue that any drug is more dangerous than pot, but you gotta look at the facts, and the facts are in the stats.