Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: DeMarcus Cousins

I still dont even know why Miles Plumlee didnt make it over Marshall. I thought he was the better brother?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I don't understand why you wouldn't take him. Could be useful against the Gasol brothers.
    Attitude, not talent.
    Same thing with Josh Smith.

Yeah, I don't get why it is Mason and not Miles Plumlee fighting for a spot. It does piss me off to see some clear Duke bias going on for pretty much no reason. Mason doesn't really bring anything unique to the table other than he is athletic and tries hard for the 5 mins he is likely to be on the court. What exactly does he do that Faried can't do? Or Millsap? Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, I don't get why it is Mason and not Miles Plumlee fighting for a spot. It does piss me off to see some clear Duke bias going on for pretty much no reason. Mason doesn't really bring anything unique to the table other than he is athletic and tries hard for the 5 mins he is likely to be on the court. What exactly does he do that Faried can't do? Or Millsap? Boogie
    He is way bigger than Faried and Millsap (6'6" and 6'6.25" without shoes). Millsap and Faried are undersized 4's.

Yes, he is bigger than Cousins and way more athletic. Mason is 6'11.25" without shoes with a 36" vertical, which more than Cousins' 6'9.5" with 27.5" vertical.

Mason knows how to set those screens that Coach K loves. With a lineup with Curry, Klay, Korver, Irving, Durant, you want all the screens you need. He plays very decent team defense and won't choke a player, punch a wall or refuse to shake hands with the opposing team.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Team USA gotta sell jerseys in Wisconsin doe.
    As one of the 6 people in this state let me tell you none of us are likely to buy a Mason Plumlee USA jersey. The only people I can envision buying such a jersey are would be terrorists who can show, by simply wearing said article of clothing, that America is fading.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    He is way bigger than Faried and Millsap (6'6" and 6'6.25" without shoes). Millsap and Faried are undersized 4's.

Yes, he is bigger than Cousins and way more athletic. Mason is 6'11.25" without shoes with a 36" vertical, which more than Cousins' 6'9.5" with 27.5" vertical.

Mason knows how to set those screens that Coach K loves. With a lineup with Curry, Klay, Korver, Irving, Durant, you want all the screens you need. He plays very decent team defense and won't choke a player, punch a wall or refuse to shake hands with the opposing team.

Plumelee wingspan 6'11 Cousins nearly 7'6 and Cousins is way bulker and stronger, Mason's 36 inch vertical won't help him getting raped by the Gasol brothers any way they want and they just saving energy by not even playing on him.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 08-04-2014 at 10:05 AM.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake

Cousins is 6,11

Millsap is def smaller but according to DraftExpress:

Wingspan:
    Plumlee - 6'11"
    Faried - 7'0"
    Cousins - 7' 5.75"

Standing Reach:
    Plumlee - 9'0"
    Faried - 9'0"
    Cousins - 9'5"

But hey the guy is tall without shoes. Maybe we can change the rules so basketball is played barefoot. And Plumlee's measured vert is a whole 1" higher than Faried's. Faried is a much better rebounder and is just as active defensively. Faried is a good screener and knows how to work off the ball. Plumlee is a better positional defender than Faried but that's about it. Boogie presents a definitive skill advantage that can't be replicated by anyone on the USA national team roster.

Millsap is just a flat out better player, especially offensively where his game is basically tailor made for an international small ball line-up.

But let's act like the guy is a homicidal serial killer so we can justify why K wants to give an underqualified Duke guy the nod.

The thing with Cousins is if you don't choose him, what exactly does that say about the process? Why bother going every year?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The thing with Cousins is if you don't choose him, what exactly does that say about the process? Why bother going every year?
    Yeah, I thought they were trying to reward players who have put in the time and showed loyalty to the program. Guess that only applies if you didn't go to Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, I thought they were trying to reward players who have put in the time and showed loyalty to the program. Guess that only applies if you didn't go to Duke.
    Plumlee is quickly becoming one of the most overrated players in the league. Against Miami he was so lost he got benched for most of the 4th and all of the 5th game. He's a marginal one on one defender, and you don't need to cover him on offense. He's a nice energy big on a team with already good starters. He's not one of the two/three best american bigs in the NBA.

He's worth a few huge highlights a game but his overall game is very lacking.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

How are they going to use Drummond? Teams will hack him every play if they can

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Cousins is 6,11
    Listed as 6'11". Go check his pre-draft measurements

He'll make the team, and frankly we will probably need a little bit of his attitude for when the going gets a little rough.

Boogie is 5x the player Plumlee is, if Coach K puts his Duke guy on the squad ahead of a clearly more talented player in Cousins, I'm going to have some pretty serious doubts about this team and its leadership.

NBA All-star

that's one way to put the USA coaching staff reputation on the line

Mason Plumlee over DeMarcus Cousins

meh.