Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Default Re: The last game LeBron played for Cleveland

Well the next year, he disappeared in the 4th quarters of the finals. He just wasn't mentally there.

I wonder if the last 3 games, especially game 5, against Boston in 2010 was similar. Not quitting, but just being mentally fatigued, or weak, whatever you want to call it.

I figured he'd leave Cleveland after the way he ripped off his jersey after game 6

Default Re: The last game LeBron played for Cleveland

I DO think LeBron "quit" in that game 5 at home, he did it... No denying. Like Jordan or Kobe, they were passive, passed and kind of made a Point on this being what they're surrounded with. Although I think the Agenda behind LeBron's Play was a different one.

This guy was on some historic stuff throughout the entire last 2 seasons, 2009 regular season / 2009 Playoffs / 2010 regular season / 2010 Playoffs... And then to fall apart those last 3 games, totally out of the blue, shooting in the 30's% every game? That didn't happen by accident.

I don't believe he quit in game 4 or game 6, Celtics were good enough to win without him quitting, and he knew that...

But to join Wade in Miami was definitely in the back of his mind, and to do that, is easier by not winning a title... Gives you a reason. Game 5 was the game he picked to turn the series against them. Sure, he tried in game 6, why not, but he knew it most likely wouldn't be enough, anymore.

That game 5 was the one he played so incredibly passive and lethargic in. That's all it took, and bam, they lost and he was gone...