Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Looks like Melo probably isn't coming to Chicago. Go after Stephenson/Gasol

Well, try for Love first. If that doesn't work then focus on bringing Mirotic over, re-signing Augustin and Hinrich and go after Lance Stephenson and Pau Gasol or Okafor.

If they do get Stephenson/Gasol/Okafor:

C: Noah/(Gasol or Okafor)
    PF: Taj/Mirotic
    SF: Butler/McDermott
    SG: Stephenson/Hinrich
    PG: Rose/Augustin

College superstar

Default Re: Looks like Melo probably isn't coming to Chicago. Go after Stephenson/Gasol

I like the Bulls getting Okafor. That's a good thought.

My main issue with the Bulls management, as everyone probably knows by now, is their complete aversion to risk. This is mostly apparent in how they're handling Boozer. Dude should be amnestied. But I get the sense that he will not be amnestied unless the Bulls know they can, and will, sign a major player. That being said... I want him amnestied, regardless of what we do with the cap space. Nothing personal, he just is not worth 15m.

I'd rather see the Bulls sign some combination of Frye/Okafor for that 15m than to keep Boozer. And that's obviously not any "big fish" signing.

Though one of my longer goal players for the Bulls is Stephenson. I love him and what he brings to the table. I'd be willing to toss him 12m a year. Not more than that, though, and I'd rather Stephenson be S&T for Butler.

I am in the minority here, but I feel like Butler is the next Deng. Very nice, but limited, player. I don't want to get locked in to another Deng/Rose combination. It's been shown to not be as easy to build around as some other possibilities.
    Last edited by kshutts1; 07-07-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Default Re: Looks like Melo probably isn't coming to Chicago. Go after Stephenson/Gasol

Add Okafor and Stevenson and we've had a passable free agency.

I'm hardly ever optimistic about us acquiring top free agents, however I am super excited about our 2 new draft picks.

You guys should be really pumped for these two guys, Bairstow hailing from my country is gonna turn alot of heads I'm telling you

Learning to shoot layups Da_Bulls_23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    Well, try for Love first. If that doesn't work then focus on bringing Mirotic over, re-signing Augustin and Hinrich and go after Lance Stephenson and Pau Gasol or Okafor.

If they do get Stephenson/Gasol/Okafor:

C: Noah/(Gasol or Okafor)
    PF: Taj/Mirotic
    SF: Butler/McDermott
    SG: Stephenson/Hinrich
    PG: Rose/Augustin

I don't think the Bulls will go after Lance. Don't believe they will risk him possibly disrupting the culture here and he's not a consistent jump shooter anyway. They need someone who can space the floor or is a better fit in the locker room. See them giving it a go at Parsons or Ariza. Although other teams will probably outbid the Bulls for Parsons anyway so chances are Ariza would be easier to get out of the 2.

Gasol would be nice, and will likely start next to Noah if he does come here. But just don't see them getting Mirotic/Gasol/Ariza or Parsons without doing some kind of sign-n-trade for Boozer/Dunleavy and get Mirotic for no more than the MLE. It's all a numbers game...

But they should definitely bring back DJ.