Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Jabari Parker Prefers Bucks, Might Have 'Tanked' Cavs Workout

Parker's dad on Twitter:

Sonny Parker on an ESPN report that his son Jabari "tanked" his workout with Cavs: "He wasn't raised like that. He wouldn't do that."
    More from Sonny Parker: "Jabari has a lot of morals, principles, values and integrity. He'll play for whoever drafts him."
    Sonny Parker added, "If Jabari didn't want to play there (Cleveland), he wouldn't have gone there, trust me."
    https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/stat...00238368018432

Like I said... this is not a good look.

Default Re: Report: Jabari Parker Prefers Bucks, Might Have 'Tanked' Cavs Workout

"got winded at times"

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    If this report is true, I think it's a bit unprofessional of him. I'm not going to begrudge the guy for having a favorite landing spot, but I'd think it would be better just to be honest about it instead of potentially dogging it during the workout.

As you probably know, I'm leaning towards Wiggins anyway, so I think this may work out well for all parties involved. And, I worry about games getting in the way of one another with Kyrie, Parker and Dion, so if that's one of his reasons for preferring Milwaukee -- where he'd be the clear No. 1 scoring option right out of the gates -- then I may actually agree with him.

I like the Wiggins fit in Cleveland and I like the Parker fit in Milwaukee. I will say that I'm concerned about the 255 pound weigh-in for Parker. That's way too big for his build/frame at this stage. Hell, I thought his weight of 235 at Duke was too big. I wouldn't exactly call it a red flag, but it is concerning.

I'm assuming this isn't going to be a huge issue for him going forward and, if it's not, I like the core that you guys have in place. It makes sense on paper.
    Agreed on all points, especially about fit between both prospects and their respective teams.

The interesting thing to note, is that the sources still mentioned that Parker is the likely selection for Cleveland, and that despite what doubt this workout created within ownership he is still the guy they're leaning towards. This probably goes much deeper than that, but I wouldn't put Jabari out of the running for #1 just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Is there video from the workouts?
    Not as of yet, and I doubt there will be if there's any truth to these reports. All we have to go by right now is the footage I linked in the OP, of his draft workout in Santa Monica exactly a month ago. Relative to his reputation, he looked very quick, athletic, and explosive in that video, which is why the Bucks and Cavs (as a backup for Embiid) really liked him. And that's what makes this report so confusing...whether it was intentional or not, how the hell could a top 3 prospect allow himself to go from great shape to gaining 15-20 pounds and looking totally out of shape right before the draft? It's just absurd.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I think Jabari will be the best pick for the Bucks at #2. Embiid with these injury issues has too many red flags. Wiggins will take time and he just doesn't have that fire..but should be a good player. Jabari is the most NBA ready and will be the man in Milwaukee..but the Buck have to continue building around him. They have Giannis, Henson, and Wolters that they can go forward with as a young core. Sanders is imploding and Knight is not reliable. This is a deep draft so with their 2nd round picks they can get some gems if they draft good.

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    its sad people will post 100 lol's to a bad joke but jokes like this will only get 1 lol..........Well just know that i found it funny

Of course he'd rather play for the bucks..
    Closer to home, less pressure to win etc, can be the man on the bucks..

Better for a rookie than the Cavs current situation..

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

It was already obvious how much he didn't want to go to the Cavs. Just look at his and his friends' reactions at the end of this video.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...ri-parker.nba/

Banned

holy fvck 255 pounds at the young age of 19?

Dudes gonna be 300 pounds in 5 years if he keeps this up, Glen Davis #2

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Cleveland or Milwaukee....

Holy shit this has me rolling! Well played sir.

This is just getting out now? Jeez RCF knew this days ago, already talked it to death, and that is why Wiggins is considered the top pick.

Also interestimg that news sites seem to get their info from fan forums.
    Last edited by lilgodfather1; 06-23-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Decent playground baller MC Gusto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    It was already obvious how much he didn't want to go to the Cavs. Just look at his and his friends' reactions at the end of this video.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...ri-parker.nba/
    I need me a snack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Yup. And less #1 overall draft bust pressure.
    Playing for the Cavs would give him ZERO #1 overall pick bust pressure.

All he has to do is be better than Bennett and he's golden! And that's not a particularly difficult feat.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Jabari will be the man in Milwaukee. Cleveland? Not so much.

this

You know it's bad when a player is tanking your workout so he can move to Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    You know it's bad when a player is tanking your workout so he can move to Milwaukee.
    Milwaukee isn't that shitty...as a basketball market, yeah. But the city itself really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's sure as hell nicer than Cleveland.

Plus Giannis and Knight is a pretty good developing core to support Jabari.