Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Report: Jabari Parker Prefers Bucks, Might Have 'Tanked' Cavs Workout

Per Chad Ford and CBS Sports
    Jabari Parker had a poor showing at his workout with the Cleveland Cavaliers last Friday, and would rather go to the Milwaukee Bucks with the No. 2 pick in Thursday's draft, according to ESPN's Chad Ford:

Parker came in to work out on Friday in front of the Cavs' front office and ownership. Parker wasn't great. He was a bit heavy (he weighed in at 255 pounds), didn't shoot the ball well and got winded at times. Furthermore, two different sources told ESPN.com that Parker seemed a bit indifferent. One source said he thought Parker "tanked" the workout.

Why? A source says he strongly prefers to play in Milwaukee. The Cavs appear to be aware of this. "Jabari wasn't himself," one source said. "It was clear we weren't his first option."

The forward out of Duke still could end up in Cleveland. Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reported that the Cavs are "leaning toward" Parker because he's more NBA-ready than Andrew Wiggins. ESPN reported that his visit created doubt, "especially among ownership," but that he's still the most likely selection.

Parker is from Chicago, and it makes some sense that he'd want to be closer to home. If that's the case, though, then shouldn't Cleveland consider Wiggins strongly? He "was emphatic" that he wanted to be taken No. 1 when he met with the Cavs last Wednesday, according to ESPN, and he is widely considered to have a higher upside. As for him being less NBA-ready than Parker, that is only true at one end of the floor. Cleveland's been disastrous on defense, and Wiggins can help with that right away. Everyone is expecting the Cavs to take Parker, but this is an organization that tends to surprise on draft night.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...d-cavs-workout

This is pretty interesting considering that Cleveland clearly has the better support for him going forward. Giannis is going to be a stud, Knight is going to be a good player, but aside from that there's still a lot of work to be done in Milwaukee - our coach sucks, Sanders has one foot out the door, Henson in all likelihood will be a solid big man at best. We have another year of sucking and playing the lottery until we assemble a complete young core. Whereas Cleveland has a great PG, a good SG, a good PF, good role players around them, and a great new coach coming in. I guess he might like the Bucks more because Kyrie's a bit ball-dominant and Jabari himself might not be the priority, whereas if he went to Milwaukee he'd be given the team from the start.

My biggest problem with the report is that Jabari was 255 pounds..that is just absurd, considering that he just had a workout recently where he looked pretty quick, and surprisingly athletic for his 'unathletic' reputation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSDl9JF5hvU

That was exactly one month ago in Santa Monica for a draft workout...now he's 255 pounds and getting winded in workouts just a month later? We can attribute that to him not wanting to play for Cleveland, but that's still not enough to justify it.

What do you think? Is he tanking to avoid going to Cleveland, or is he actually as chunky and unathletic as people say he is?
    Last edited by Milbuck; 06-23-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Report: Jabari Parker Prefers Bucks, Might Have 'Tanked' Cavs Workout

Cleveland or Milwaukee....

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Report: Jabari Parker Prefers Bucks, Might Have 'Tanked' Cavs Workout

Why would he prefer Miluwakee that much over Cleveland?

Not that Cleveland is better but in Miluwakee their best young player is a small forward and in Cleveland their biggest hole is arguably at small forward.

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

haha i dont know man. i dont think you put on 30 lbs just to avoid being drafted by a team. but then again, maybe hes hoping CLE sees this weight gain as a anthony bennet JR and hopes theyll pass up on him.

Jabari will be the man in Milwaukee. Cleveland? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Cleveland or Milwaukee....

its sad people will post 100 lol's to a bad joke but jokes like this will only get 1 lol..........Well just know that i found it funny

I mean it's not like he ate a bunch of ice cream right before the workout, he may have tanked it but his being fat has nothing to do with the Cavs.

Wanting the Bucks over the Cavs is interesting, the Cavs with Parker would be a playoff team next year, while the Bucks have a couple of years left on the rebuild. Milwaukee is close to Chicago though, and maybe he'd rather have Milwaukee build their team around him rather than be Iriving's sidekick in Cleveland.

bucks are worse then cavs.........cavs went to the finals man

He was a bit heavy (he weighed in at 255 pounds), didn't shoot the ball well and got winded at times.

What the hell has he been doing these last couple of weeks?

If he really came in out of shape, the Cavs should pick Wiggins. No excuse for being out of shape a week before the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Why would he prefer Miluwakee that much over Cleveland?

Not that Cleveland is better but in Miluwakee their best young player is a small forward and in Cleveland their biggest hole is arguably at small forward.
    I think it's him being the man in Milwaukee. Cleveland would have a ball-dominant, scoring PG. Jabari would without a doubt be below Kyrie from the start, whereas in Milwaukee they'd essentially give him the team, to develop alongside another good young prospect who's his exact age. He'd be the #1, the go-to guy. Also, Giannis plays small forward but his role in the future will be point-forward. Our coach is a flat out retard and mostly pushed him to the corners to spot up, but when he got his head out of his ass and allowed Giannis to handle the ball and run the offense, he showed a lot of PG instincts and vision. I think it'll be a situation where Giannis will play the 3 and run the offense, and Jabari will play the 4 similar to Melo in recent years. Jabari's got the size to do it, 6'9" at around 240 playing weight.

Cleveland and Milwaukee both suck, but I don't blame him for wanting to be the clear-cut #1 over the clear-cut sidekick.

NBA Superstar

I thought the Duke connection between Jabari and Kyrie would interest Jabari but I guess not.

Maybe Kyrie has the rep of being a shitty teammate or something.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I think it's him being the man in Milwaukee. Cleveland would have a ball-dominant, scoring PG. Jabari would without a doubt be below Kyrie from the start, whereas in Milwaukee they'd essentially give him the team, to develop alongside another good young prospect who's his exact age. He'd be the #1, the go-to guy. Also, Giannis plays small forward but his role in the future will be point-forward. Our coach is a flat out retard and mostly pushed him to the corners to spot up, but when he got his head out of his ass and allowed Giannis to handle the ball and run the offense, he showed a lot of PG instincts and vision. I think it'll be a situation where Giannis will play the 3 and run the offense, and Jabari will play the 4 similar to Melo in recent years. Jabari's got the size to do it, 6'9" at around 240 playing weight.

Cleveland and Milwaukee both suck, but I don't blame him for wanting to be the clear-cut #1 over the clear-cut sidekick.

Honestly, if he's the type of player who's gonna bitch about being the "man" or his role on the team then I wouldn't want him over Wiggins anyways.

closer to chicago. gets to be the man in Milwaukee. doesnt risk having to play with lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    I thought the Duke connection between Jabari and Kyrie would interest Jabari but I guess not.

Maybe Kyrie has the rep of being a shitty teammate or something.
    Seems like they both have that reputation.