Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Thunder are worse with Westbrook. That's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    I've been typing this all along.

People really don't understand team sports. Westbrook is a great talent. Great. Great. But he takes away from perhaps one of the greatest pure scorers in history. Basketball is a TEAM sport. The thunders chemistry is just better without chuckbrook. Everybody does they're roles.

Trade Westbrook and let the new king do his thing.
    You honestly think Durant can lead them to shit without another all-NBA player?

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

The issue with this duo is that neither of them are playmakers. Also Durant is naturally passive and Westbrook is naturally aggressive which makes this issue bigger because Durant is a better scorer and its Westbrook who takes the most shots.

OKC is better with Westbrook but not as good as they could be.

Wade and Bron can coexist because they are natural playmakers, but both Durant and Westbrook have almost tunnel vision when they have the basketball, Westbrook moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    You honestly think Durant can lead them to shit without another all-NBA player?
    Yes.

I think Durant is that good. Without chuck brook he takes over, more locked in to the game. Jackson is a good pure point guard. Ibaka solid big man.

Just see his 30+ game streak and thunders win percentage vs winning teams without chuck brook.

Without Westbrook , Durant was much more aggressive and took over games, DOMINATED, while thunder was winning.

Team was playing great.

3-time NBA All-Star

I'm not just going to base this off today's game, but there's no evidence that Russell can scale his game back like he should for Durant. He just doesn't seem to have the playing style and personality to do that. I thought I'd never say this, but if they don't win a championship, they should consider trading him. They went on a tear without him. I'm not really sure they are actually better without him but I'm also not sure if its really that big of a difference and maybe trading him for some pieces would make them much better. Of course, they'd have to get an all-star back.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I'm not just going to base this off today's game, but there's no evidence that Russell can scale his game back like he should for Durant. He just doesn't seem to have the playing style and personality to do that. I thought I'd never say this, but if they don't win a championship, they should consider trading him. They went on a tear without him. I'm not really sure they are actually better without him but I'm also not sure if its really that big of a difference and maybe trading him for some pieces would make them much better. Of course, they'd have to get an all-star back.
    Word.

For a good point guard and athletic big.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Yea I mean people who say Westbrook doesn't help the team are crazy... but the truth is that for his talent level he's not helping them as much as someone they could get in a trade would. They do need a PG tho, and maybe they are grooming KD to play without Westbrook by making him handle the ball more.

I can't think of who they could get though. Their bigs are good enough, they got KD, so they basically just need a PG or a package of players like a good C and a good PG.

-Smak

Shouldn't russwest be in here in opposition? Unless, he's not actually a Russell Westbrook fan.

Prisoners of the moment

Westbrook is the heart and soul of the Thunder, don't let some meaningless regular season wins tell you otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Prisoners of the moment

Westbrook is the heart and soul of the Thunder, don't let some meaningless regular season wins tell you otherwise
    Speaking of russwest.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

The Nets are unfairly stacked. Even I am a bit upset. That's a fact.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Wow, this Thunder game is horrible. It's apparent that Durant hates having Westbrook on this team. Durant likes to be the "servant" but it's hard being one when you have to surrender to Westbrook. Durant likes doing everything on his own and was real good doing it. Just trade Westbrook. Even Ibaka is sucking with Westbrook back.

What say you guys? Probably going to go to sleep in 10 minutes so make this entertaining.

Just keep R. Jackson as the starting point guard.

you sure know your basketball

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Prisoners of the moment

This. A Durant-only team can't win the title. Neither can a Lebron-only team. Remember last years playoffs, the Thunder fell apart real quick without WB.

Lets just ignore that it's the first game back for Westbrook who has to be re-integrated into the game, against a defensive monster and defending champions. OP

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Wait.......so now ppl want the Thunder to trade Westbrook? Wha....what the hell is going on??? So who's going to take over for the 2nd unit with KD on the bench resting?

This is same as saying the Nets are making a big push in the east.