Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Basketball Diary

Played worlds longest game of 21 last week with two homies that played d2 and one that played d1

So fat and out of shape.

Had a couple good plays, crossovers. Shot decent.

Got to 15 by time winner won.

Decent playground baller

Just played the last REGULAR season game of my regional league. ..We lost by 5 after a Nice comeback in the second half. I played an horrible first half But scored 31 in the second and 44 overall. ..

you guys are scoring machine. My season high was 34 points.

NBA Superstar

Filled in for my older brother's rec league team in metro Detroit last night. He actually only had two players, so I brought my two younger brothers as well (18 and 16 years old). Trotting out four brothers in the starting lineup felt kind of legit.

At one point, while still trying to get a grasp on my opponent and their capabilities, I broke out on a fast break. One guy was back waiting for me. I thought he was going to try to make a play or take a charge, because he was already back and in position. So I planned an elusive maneuver. The only thing I wasn't planning for was for him to just stand there and do nothing. It broke my brain and led to an awful offensive moment.

Behold...

The Double-Euro Step

Best of all, a travel was not called (seriously)
    Last edited by Rake2204; 06-18-2014 at 07:59 PM.

That's great. You looked like a RB chopping his feet at the line of scrimmage.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Filled in for my older brother's rec league team in metro Detroit last night. He actually only had two players, so I brought my two younger brothers as well (18 and 16 years old). Trotting out four brothers in the starting lineup felt kind of legit.

At one point, while still trying to get a grasp on my opponent and their capabilities, I broke out on a fast break. One guy was back waiting for me. I thought he was going to try to make a play or take a charge, because he was already back and in position. So I planned an elusive maneuver. The only thing I wasn't planning for was for him to just stand there and do nothing. It broke my brain and led to an awful offensive moment.

Behold...

The Double-Euro Step

hahaha lol.....over the years I've learnt if you take your steps quickly and shuffle a bit before you pick the ball up, it's hard for people to call travel...although I always try not to travel and will call it on myself if I do...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    hahaha lol.....over the years I've learnt if you take your steps quickly and shuffle a bit before you pick the ball up, it's hard for people to call travel...although I always try not to travel and will call it on myself if I do...
    Yes yes. I am quite prideful so I wish to make clear that that is not how I usually gather in the open floor. Haha.

Just played 3 on 3 basketball. Our team won. 42 to 36.

Learning to shoot layups

Played 2 games of 2 on 2 last night, lost the first won the second, the first game me and my brother lost because one of the guys on the other team went on a streak were he hit like 10 fade away midrange jumpers in a row it was stupid because he is not a good shooter. The rest of the games he didn't do very well though, the other guy played alright hit some 3s not much else really. My brother didn't start hitting his shots until about halfway through the second game then he was hitting everything, until then I pretty much carried us through the first game and a half because I was finishing really well hitting pretty much every layup that I took so I had pretty good games.

I promise I am going to win the MVP Award and championship next tournament. (October to December)

Speed Kills. My greatest assets is my speed. I am really good at the Open Court.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Played 2x2 pickup against 2 douchebags with my friend.. Lost all 5 times and my ego was about to melt, but I kept telling myself that were only loosing because my friend doest try for shit.. Man, those guys were even starting to laugh and I gave all I can, and basically scored 80% points, grabed all our boards and made many blocks and steals.. I made one super sexy crossover from right to left after behind the back stepback.. other guy switched to help but my bro missed the layup.

was bricking too many 3s tho.. something along the lines of 6/20

National High School Star

Hi all,

Thought i would revive my old thread, seeing Rakes gifs have inspired me to put up some of my own, so finally after some trial and error i have a couple.

All from the same game, it was a season or so ago, and i have since started altering my jumpshot as it was not to good before.

Take it for what you will, but basically we were against a great rebounding team, and we were down double digits, i then went on to hit 3 back to back 2 pointers.

While we still lost the game, i at least pulled us with in 2 pts down the stretch with my play and a chance to win it.

Here are my key buckets:

National High School Star

Hi all, just a quick update.

Our team is in a rough patch as of late, loosing games to 2 bottom teams in our division. I feel like i'm the only one with my head on as every one seems to be getting angry and hero ball. I sometimes feel as though i'm too short to really make an impact and carry our team out of it.

I'm also in the process of trying to change my attitude, i want to not take it so seriously and just have fun.

Hopefully i can make some positive steps towards it in the coming weeks.
    Any advice is welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204

Behold...

The Double-Euro Step

if you aint cheating you aint trying