Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2008-09 College Preseason Rankings and Analysis

Ok state over Texas A&M? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Ok state over Texas A&M? No way.
    They're almost even to me. Both lost I think 4 of their top 6 scorers? They split the series last year 1-1. Texas A&M won by 3, OK State by 5. OK State had some good wins over Baylor and Kansas. I'm a believer.

I don't think there's too big of a difference between them. You could surely be correct though.

P.S.- I really need to update this with Jennings leaving, Pitt losing Cook, etc.

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    They're almost even to me. Both lost I think 4 of their top 6 scorers? They split the series last year 1-1. Texas A&M won by 3, OK State by 5. OK State had some good wins over Baylor and Kansas. I'm a believer.

I don't think there's too big of a difference between them. You could surely be correct though.

P.S.- I really need to update this with Jennings leaving, Pitt losing Cook, etc.
    I think both Texas A&M and Oklahoma St could actually compete for the Big 12 title. Okla St. weren't great last year, but they definitely have talent, and I think Travis Ford's appointment was a good move. James Anderson could be the conference player of the year.

But I like T A&M too. Davis and Sloan are ready to take more responsibility and Harris will be a great addition and helps the back court. I'm not sure how much upside Carter has, but he can certainly improve if Harris is as good playmaker as advertised. Carter will get more free looks and I wouldn't be surprised if his scoring average would be near 20.

In general, I think Big 12 will be really tough. I think Texas can be a top 5 team nationally, and Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Kansas, Baylor, T A&M and even Texas Tech can all be really good.

A&M only lost Joseph Jones and Dominique Kirk and we are bringing Dashan Harris who should be a better ball handler than Donald Sloan. We didnt have a true PG last year and had to make do with Sloan who's a better PG. Bryan Davis should be a good center and Josh Carter is still around. I think we are better then them. You just think of Ok state in basketball and not A&M, typically. It's fine, we're still young.

I also think you're overrating Texas.
    Last edited by Hawker; 08-24-2008 at 04:50 PM.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

A&M only lost Joseph Jones and Dominique Kirk and we are bringing Dashan Harris who should be a better ball handler than Donald Sloan. We didnt have a true PG last year and had to make do with Sloan who's a better PG. Bryan Davis should be a good center and Josh Carter is still around. I think we are better then them. You just think of Ok state in basketball and not A&M, typically. It's fine, we're still young.

I also think you're overrating Texas.
    deandre and joe both leaving leave a lot of room to fill in the middle (even if deandre did suck ass the last 2/3rds of the season). Im looking forward to seeing how they do, but my expectations are particularly high.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    deandre and joe both leaving leave a lot of room to fill in the middle (even if deandre did suck ass the last 2/3rds of the season). Im looking forward to seeing how they do, but my expectations are particularly high.
    Same here. F*ck Denandre. I'm glad he left. I wont be rooting for him in the NBA.

Elonu isnt too bad. He can play some defense and gives us some fouls.

David Loubeau will hopefully fill the PF void.

And just so yall know, Texas' top recruit J'Covan Brown will not enroll into UT due to academic reasons. Sucks but UT seems to be doing sh!t like this non-stop.

Saw a basketball once

Lester Hudson Will Be A Top-20 Pick In 2009 Draft He Has The Talent And The Will If He Takes His Team To The Big Dance He Is Lock In The Draft The Small School Stuff Is Out The Picture Tougher Schedule This Year ....................lester Hudson Is The Best Player In College Basketball..............watch Out As Ut Martin Will Beat Usc And Tennessee................... Go Skyhawks

Quote Originally Posted by sofly ent.
    Lester Hudson Will Be A Top-20 Pick In 2009 Draft He Has The Talent And The Will If He Takes His Team To The Big Dance He Is Lock In The Draft The Small School Stuff Is Out The Picture Tougher Schedule This Year ....................lester Hudson Is The Best Player In College Basketball..............watch Out As Ut Martin Will Beat Usc And Tennessee................... Go Skyhawks
    he was getting schooled in predraft workouts

Same here. F*ck Denandre. I'm glad he left. I wont be rooting for him in the NBA.

Elonu isnt too bad. He can play some defense and gives us some fouls.

David Loubeau will hopefully fill the PF void.

And just so yall know, Texas' top recruit J'Covan Brown will not enroll into UT due to academic reasons. Sucks but UT seems to be doing sh!t like this non-stop.
    I'm lookin out for Bryan Davis. A 30/14/1 game last year on Baylor? A 14/11 game on Missouri?

Saw a basketball once

Lester Hudson Best Player In College Basketball Notice I Said Player He Will Destroy Tennessee And Usc This Year And Carry His Team To The Dance

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

I'm lookin out for Bryan Davis. A 30/14/1 game last year on Baylor? A 14/11 game on Missouri?
    yeah both he and jr elonu were pretty solid for us last year and davis had some flashes. frankly, they were both better than deandre down the stretch. aTm has had pretty solid frontcourts the last 3 years (I loved the marlon pompei, kavaluskiss (sp), jones rotation 2 years ago).