Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: 2008-09 College Preseason Rankings and Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    You don't think Kansas will start Markieff Morris as well? I played against both these guys in high school, Markieff can play the 4 and Marcus can play the 3 even though they're 6'10 and 6'9. If Kansas goes with this lineup, they're going to be dangerous.

Looking forward to seeing how BJ Mullens does in Ohio State and another guy I played against in high school, Tyreke Evans.
    I honestly haven't seen the Morris twins play a lick of basketball even though they're from nearby. Wasn't sure if either was capable of playing the 3, figured they were both big guys. Just an assumption on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    I honestly haven't seen the Morris twins play a lick of basketball even though they're from nearby. Wasn't sure if either was capable of playing the 3, figured they were both big guys. Just an assumption on my part.
    Marcus is a real good ball handler and can shoot the 3 pretty well. I'd say if he plays like a Dermarr Johnson a little bit. Markieff likes to bang down low more, but he can hit the three and is good from midrange. His game is similar to Al Harrington, I would say. Should be fun to see these guys play at KU.

Decent playground baller ShowtymeCA2NC's Avatar

Default Re: 2008-2009 Preseason Rankings and Analysis

[QUOTE=Posterize246]16.Tennessee (Seniors Chris Lofton and JaJuan Smith leaving will hurt this teams experience and offense, but plenty is left over from last year

Default Re: 2008-2009 Preseason Rankings and Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by ShowtymeCA2NC
    Watch out fa them Gators!!!!
    I thought about them. But with Speights gone I think their only guys over 6'10" are freshmen?

i don't like all the joe bashing but i like the ranking..EVERY year the mounties are underrated and underappreciated and EVERY year they prove everyone wrong. it was actually a few weeks before the big east tourney when joe started tearing it up
    Last edited by d_white089; 07-01-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d_white089
    i don't like all the joe bashing but i like the ranking..EVERY year the mounties are underrated and underappreciated and EVERY year they prove everyone wrong. it was actually a few weeks before the big east tourney when joe started tearing it up
    I knew you wouldn't. I was more trying to get my point across that he won't be missed too badly. I thought he was a good player. Just trying to get my point across D White

I knew you wouldn't. I was more trying to get my point across that he won't be missed too badly. I thought he was a good player. Just trying to get my point across D White
    hahaha..i understand

Quote Originally Posted by d_white089
    hahaha..i understand
    The bad part is I forgot to mention Ruoff and the boys in my WVU part so it's really incomplete. I'll have 2 edit that

The bad part is I forgot to mention Ruoff and the boys in my WVU part so it's really incomplete. I'll have 2 edit that
    Ruoff is underrated. And most college bball fans will know this name at season's end: Wellington Smith...athletic guy great defensive player has a knack for shot-blocking
    Last edited by d_white089; 07-01-2008 at 11:17 PM.

Good read by the way. I have UNC & Pitt #1 and #2 as well.

#3!!!?? I mean, I like pressure but dang. UConn at the #3 spot. Even coach Calhoun has said it, "this is a team that has more questions than answers." On paper, my beloved Huskies are scary as all get up. Its what happens on the court that really counts.

Plus, you throw in Price's knee. Stanley Robinson leaving UConn. We are in for an interesting season.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    #3!!!?? I mean, I like pressure but dang. UConn at the #3 spot. Even coach Calhoun has said it, "this is a team that has more questions than answers." On paper, my beloved Huskies are scary as all get up. Its what happens on the court that really counts.

Plus, you throw in Price's knee. Stanley Robinson leaving UConn. We are in for an interesting season.
    Is Robinson really leaving? This is the last I've heard

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...-return-maybe/

Local High School Star sixerfan3511's Avatar

Nova is better than 19, book that

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Great list! Of course everyone has different opions -and especially in the off season - so no point to list what I think is right or wrong. One thing I'd like to bring up is the fact that yours and most other lists at this point has Notre Dame in top ten. I don't think they will be that good and here's why:

1) Schedule: Big East will be extremely tough next year, and of the top tier teams, ND has the hardest schedule. They are the only top team to play both Louisville and UConn twice. Also, they play WVU, Pitt and Syracuse only away.

2) Talent: yes they have talent, but not the kind of talent that Big East powerhouses like UConn and Louisville and Georgetown have

3) No surprise element: Last year it seemed that Harangody and McAlarney surprised everyone and teams didn't know how to stop them. But by the tournament time, oppositions had figured it out. When you shut down Harangody, you shut down ND. It was almost painful to watch them play against Washington State in the tournament. They simply didn't know what to do.

Don't get me wrong, ND are a really good team, but I think there are quite many question marks and I think a ranking nearer to 20 than 10 would be more justified.

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
    Nova is better than 19, book that
    Their back court is good, but I think they will struggle against bigger big east teams. They made the Sweet 16 only because of the bracket. Siena and Clemson were perferct opponents for Villanova. I think they'll find it hard to finish in Big East Top 5. UConn, Pitt, WVA, Georgetown, Marqutte, NOtre Dame, Louisivlle and even Providence and Syracuse are all pretty good teams.