Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Put a Prime Thurmond, Walton, Moses, McAdoo, and Gilmore in Today's NBA...

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    To answer your question, Mikan would annihilate any version of Chamberlain.

Ok, I get it.

Default Re: Put a Prime Thurmond, Walton, Moses, McAdoo, and Gilmore in Today's NBA...

To answer your question, Mikan would annihilate any version of Chamberlain.
    Bob Kurland... GOAT. Who would ever have thought...?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Actual proof...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW2-x-0lAQo

BTW, does anyone in their right mind honestly believe Shaq ever benched over 400 lbs? The man couldn't budge that weight...
    How does that video prove anything? None of those weights were real. I don't think Shaq pressed 400 and I also don't believe Wilt pressed 500, but I'd be more willing to believe that Shaq actually pressed 400 then Wilt pressing 500.
    Last edited by iznogood; 04-05-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Yea, Bosh is a good defender and pretty underrated on that note, even forced to play out of his "role". He's also a pretty good scorer and did really well as the main man.. Did I ever deny that? It's straight up asinine to compare him to Bob McAdoo, though.
    How so? Bob's best statistical season was played at a 107.7 pace and he averaged 35/14 on 26 shots a game, while playing 43 minutes. Bosh's came at a 93 page and he averaged 24/11 on 16 shots a game in only 36 minutes. If Bosh hadn't become such a bitch these past 2 years, he would still be a 20+/10+ player. Also, Bosh is a much better defender than McAdoo.

I mentioned pace when saying that players with most FT's now go to the line more than players with most FT's back in the day (especially around the 70s), even playing less minutes and with a 20% difference in pace, think about that.. Think it's a good way of using it, to paint a picture, let's say.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...NBA_stats.html

Not much difference in FT's then and now (once you "adjust" for pace).

As far as FGA's per game you can't do "adjustments" like some ignorant people do lol. Stars get their shots regardless, if anything role players take less shots.. We've seen AI take 28 shots per game, we've seen Kobe taking 27, we've seen Lebron taking 23, or a bigman like Shaq taking 21 shots
    I've said this SEVERAL times before. You don't penalize '60's and '70's players for taking more shots. Go ahead. Look up my posts regarding this. I've however said that some players would be putting up similar numbers, if they were allowed to shoot the ball that many times.

Parish said Gilmore was the strongest player he ever faced, and look at the guys he faced throughout his career... There are other many quotes about his unreal strength I can't tell for sure but one would assume he's one of the strongest ever in the league, more than "good enough" for top3... But I guess your (ignorant, with no disrespect) opinion holds more water than all of that Please, not even close.
    Didn't Parish say that in '92? Shaq was a rookie then. He wouldn't have said that after playing a prime Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    How so? Bob's best statistical season was played at a 107.7 pace and he averaged 35/14 on 26 shots a game, while playing 43 minutes. Bosh's came at a 93 page and he averaged 24/11 on 16 shots a game in only 36 minutes. If Bosh hadn't become such a bitch these past 2 years, he would still be a 20+/10+ player. Also, Bosh is a much better defender than McAdoo.

Keep mentioning pace or even minutes played like that In his best 3 seasons Bob was taking like 24 shots per game with 9 FTA's, something that Kobe "did", AI too, or Stackhouse... Think he wouldn't be able to "get" (I won't even say 24 shots) like 20 FGA's per game? LMA can, Dirk too, Love.. Oh and there are plenty of dudes right now who play a more finesse game than Mac, who don't bang down-low as much, or go inside as much and "still" go to the line like 9 times per game, playing less minutes at a slower pace Think Bob wouldn't be able to lead the league in scoring, at his best? 15% difference in pace would change that right? Also, he was doing his thing without a 3pt line (or coming up with one) because he actually had that type of range and was at least making 1 PPG off of that, during his best years.
    Shit, you most likely never even seen more than a min of footage from Mac, just go watch that man play, he was hitting contested jumpers left and right in the face of Kareem, Unseld, Hayes or Lanier, he was handling the ball and exploding to the rack for the dunk, he was showing lots of range, he was running the break, he was blocking shots, rebounding, could even pass... **** you gonna underrated that???
    And again, funny that Chris almost went to the line as much while looking for the shot much less, with more of a finesse game, playing like 5 less minutes at a slower pace.
    Think Bosh could've kept his efficiency while taking over 20 shots per game? You must be crazy son, call him a top3 scorer in the game, at his best, while you're at it. Bob McAdoo once led the league in scoring and FG%, go look at the players in the league also, and much more physicality, above league average by 8.8% too... Think about that, do you even know what you're talking about here???? You're comparing him to Chris ****ing Bosh This dude, at his best, would be no worse than a top3 player right now. Bosh is a much better defender than Mac? You're reaching clinically insane levels, stop it please.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...NBA_stats.html

Not much difference in FT's then and now (once you "adjust" for pace).

Once again bringing up league averages? Can't you even read? You're going to expect a dude like Nick Young to have the same "treatment" as Kevin Durant, for example? Look at the top FT "getters" in 1977 and the ones from nowadays, for example, again. Keep adjusting for pace though lol.

I've said this SEVERAL times before. You don't penalize '60's and '70's players for taking more shots. Go ahead. Look up my posts regarding this. I've however said that some players would be putting up similar numbers, if they were allowed to shoot the ball that many times.

Nice to see that you've answered most of my questions or even cared to rebuttal most of my arguments You know I'm right.

Didn't Parish say that in '92? Shaq was a rookie then. He wouldn't have said that after playing a prime Shaq.

Don't know when he actually said it but the Chief played til 1997.
    Oh he wouldn't? Why? You've actually played against Gilmore or Shaq? You're basing that on? Glad you know it all, I'm just gonna trust ya on this one God damn ignorant and still thinking he knows it all
    Last edited by SHAQisGOAT; 04-06-2014 at 02:18 AM.

I'm just mad that the '60's and '70's suck monkey balls compared to today.
    I actually typed out an entire response and edited it once I came to this part:

Don't know when he actually said it but the Chief played til 1997.
    Oh he wouldn't? Why? You've actually played against Gilmore or Shaq? You're basing that on? Glad you know it all, I'm just gonna trust ya on this one God damn ignorant and still thinking he knows it all
    Boston Globe - Dec 9, 1992

"He's the strongest guy I've played against since Artis Gilmore. "He's a very solid 300 pounds. He's all man."

Christian Science Monitor - Jan 25, 1993

After the Celtics lost to the Magic, 113-94, Robert Parish said that in his 17- year career, only longtime Chicago Bulls star Artis Gilmore was physically stronger than O'Neal, but that Shaq was more athletic - "and that is a very scary thought," he said in mock seriousness.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...0&postcount=16

It was Shaq's rookie ****ing year. That skinny ass dude was not even close to being as strong as prime Shaq.

I don't know about those players, but put prime Mikan in today's league and it's over. He would start a Bill Russellesuqe dynasty with whatever team he lands on. He would be so dominant that it would be silly to even watch the games.

Quote Originally Posted by iznogood
    How does that video prove anything? None of those weights were real. I don't think Shaq pressed 400 and I also don't believe Wilt pressed 500, but I'd be more willing to believe that Shaq actually pressed 400 then Wilt pressing 500.
    I don't know if some of you guys know this or not, but Mikan was rumored to be able to bench press 400 pounds...with one arm.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

They would be selling drinks or snacks in the stands.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I don't know if some of you guys know this or not, but Mikan was rumored to be able to bench press 400 pounds...with one arm.
    Was he allowed to use bench press shirt?