Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Wade sitting out really helping him?

Last season the Heat gave him a shit ton of rest before the playoffs, and he still played like crap for the first 3 rounds. I know it was partly due to injury, but I think it was also because he had no rhythm going into the postseason, and thus no confidence in his jump shot. The Heat have given him even more rest this season, yet he still manages to keep piling up the injuries. This "maintenance" program doesn't appear to be helping at all if you ask me. Guy just needs to get back on the court and figure out how to play through the pain.

Default Re: Is Wade sitting out really helping him?

how can we judge yet. just wait until the postseason is over

Dunking on everybody in the park

Wade beasted in the 27 game streak.

Him playing so hard in that stretch is what got him done for the first 3 rounds.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

lets be real, wade's not dedicated to basketball

in his own words, he's a model that plays ball. guy's just looking for an excuse

Yes. Look what it did to UD. Dude actually looks like he still belongs in the NBA as a role player the last 10 games. If he kept playing like he did for the first 60 or so games(well the ones he played in at least), he was heading for an early, forced retirement, where the team probably would have put him in a BS coaching position.

Wade isn't nearly at that point. In fact, when he is healthy, he is top 15 still, so it is good to get him that rest.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    lets be real, wade's not dedicated to basketball

in his own words, he's a model that plays ball. guy's just looking for an excuse
    Truth. A real NBA player (Kobe) would push through the injuries and dominate. Not everyone can be GAWDbe Bryant. [COLOR="White"] lol
    [/COLOR]

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Yes. Look what it did to UD. Dude actually looks like he still belongs in the NBA as a role player the last 10 games. If he kept playing like he did for the first 60 or so games(well the ones he played in at least), he was heading for an early, forced retirement, where the team probably would have put him in a BS coaching position.

Wade isn't nearly at that point. In fact, when he is healthy, he is top 15 still, so it is good to get him that rest.
    Haha yeah all it took was to rest UD 50 games or so to play a solid 10.

I actually don't mind Wade resting at this point, hell rest LeBron, Bosh, and Allen at this point. Just keep them all locked in the back gym practicing 3s while letting Beaz, James Jones, UD, Oden, Cole get some burn. Don't really mind settling for the 2 seed if it means being healthy for the playoffs.

Not like Indiana even trying for the 1 seed at this point either.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    Haha yeah all it took was to rest UD 50 games or so to play a solid 10.

I actually don't mind Wade resting at this point, hell rest LeBron, Bosh, and Allen at this point. Just keep them all locked in the back gym practicing 3s while letting Beaz, James Jones, UD, Oden, Cole get some burn. Don't really mind settling for the 2 seed if it means being healthy for the playoffs.

Not like Indiana even trying for the 1 seed at this point either.
    Beasley getting minutes and getting in tune with this team was probably the most important thing that could have happened this season. And it didn't.

We're old and have to rely on our players getting rest, being fresh, etc to be at our best. I won't be shocked at all if we don't make the finals this season. Just don't look motivated or as crisp as we usually do. Hope it changes in the playoffs. But I'm ready for the pending doom and millions of Bron failing threads that are bound to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Beasley getting minutes and getting in tune with this team was probably the most important thing that could have happened this season. And it didn't.

We're old and have to rely on our players getting rest, being fresh, etc to be at our best. I won't be shocked at all if we don't make the finals this season. Just don't look motivated or as crisp as we usually do. Hope it changes in the playoffs. But I'm ready for the pending doom and millions of Bron failing threads that are bound to follow.
    Wade needs to get into playing rhythm before the play-off's. No good resting if your rusty as f**k

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Truth. A real NBA player (Kobe) would push through the injuries and dominate. Not everyone can be GAWDbe Bryant. [COLOR="White"] lol
    [/COLOR]
    Where is he then?

The way his knees are, this rest won't help. He'll start playing every other day during the playoffs and go back right to where he was during the season. Knees just gone yo. Can't do anything about that less you go to Germany.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    The way his knees are, this rest won't help. He'll start playing every other day during the playoffs and go back right to where he was during the season. Knees just gone yo. Can't do anything about that less you go to Germany.
    I thought he went to Germany already?

If he didn't, then he needs to go there and then back to Tim Grover. Either that or go to the Suns organization and steal their voodoo medicine.

If he heads into the playoffs not hurt then yes it is more than worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku

If he didn't, then he needs to go there and then back to Tim Grover. Either that or go to the Suns organization and steal their voodoo medicine.
    Hasn't been to Germany. Not sure if PRP would help his though. He had his meniscus removed when he was in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku

Ah I meant he needs to get that platelet injection that Kobe got. That turned the clock back on Kobe a couple of years. He looked great.

I see he did go to Germany for some Shockwave therapy. And he still had to sit out back to backs.

On good days, yea Wade is the shit. But when there isn't enough time to recover, he doesn't have it anymore. You can see it in his play. He mad.