Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Lets be honest, Durant,Wesbrook and the Thunder have..

OKC always have a great chance with their ref advantage. They can routinely be down 5 with 12 seconds left and make it up. They will ALWAYS get a call when they need it.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I find it embarassing how after every loss people turn to Westbrook being the fault and reason...

I mean, did y'all watch the game last night? KD had dozens of possessions where he couldnt free himself up, and that was HIS FAULT... Russ hit tons of clutch shots, and also late shotclock bail out shots... people say he shouldnt have driven it to the rim? KD was all the way behind the 3pt line... nowhere for the pass

Did kd need to be freed up without westbrook? And ibaka has proven to be a capable 2nd option yet westbrook wont trust him. At least pass the ball than a 3 point shot with 20 seconds left on the shotclock . And basketball is a rhythm game. If you have 2 players jacking 28 shots, the team is off.. And it affects players motivation on defense too if they don't have touches. That's why OKC started losing when westbrook came back. Its a sign that nobody wants to play with a cancer like him.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Did kd need to be freed up without westbrook? And ibaka has proven to be a capable 2nd option yet westbrook wont trust him. At least pass the ball than a 3 point shot with 20 seconds left on the shotclock . And basketball is a rhythm game. If you have 2 players jacking 28 shots, the team is off.. And it affects players motivation on defense too if they don't have touches. That's why OKC started losing when westbrook came back. Its a sign that nobody wants to play with a cancer like him.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    I agree.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I find it embarassing how after every loss people turn to Westbrook being the fault and reason...

I mean, did y'all watch the game last night? KD had dozens of possessions where he couldnt free himself up, and that was HIS FAULT... Russ hit tons of clutch shots, and also late shotclock bail out shots... people say he shouldnt have driven it to the rim? KD was all the way behind the 3pt line... nowhere for the pass
    This...WB has his flaws, but he's asked to make a lot of shit happen when Durant is being pushed out of the play by Tony Allen for half the game.

But meh...losses happen...especially against a team like the Grizzlies. They are just good and you aren't sweeping them...

NBA Superstar

Russ was good from the start but got reckless as hell in the 2nd half. Durant was absolutely the better 2nd half/clutch player for OKC. You want to call out Durant call out him only scoring 8 points in the first half and having a very small impact.

Westbrook's problem is he's not getting Ibaka involved enough.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Russ was good from the start but got reckless as hell in the 2nd half. Durant was absolutely the better 2nd half/clutch player for OKC. You want to call out Durant call out him only scoring 8 points in the first half and having a very small impact.

True.

WB isn't supposed to be as good as Durant though.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

The Thunder has NO 3RD OPTION, that's there biggest downfall, Ibaka is NOT a 3rd option a guy who can only make wide open dunks and wide open jumpers cause no one is worried about stopping or containing him is not a 3rd option. A 3rd option has to have some form of playmaking even the slightest that you can throw the ball to and say go to work and get out of the way.

No one on the Thunder team fits that bill, honestly everyone says they are stacked but in reality the team outside of Durrant/WB is complete garbage and they would not go anywhere unless it was LeBron/Wade as the 1/2 instead of KD/WB. I can't think of another two player combo on the same team that could take this team anywhere under the same circumstances.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 04-23-2014 at 04:18 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Flawed implies huge problems...

If you are using "flawed" to describe just not being all time great or near perfect...okay we agree

The 12 Heat were flawed. The 13 Heat were flawed.

The 11 Mavs were hugely flawed on this definition.

Yes,they are not as well built as the 09 and 10 Lakers, but also...some of that is on Brooks...I'd say more than some...

That is what I'm saying...
    the 11 Lakers werent flawed for shit. maybe just an average talent level for a franchise team but not flawed at all.
    2 great- to elite perimeter defenders(Stevenson/Kidd,Marion) CHECK
    floor general( Kidd) CHECK
    attacking wing player/good perimeter scorer(Terry, Marion could still occasionally attack the rim)
    Elite Frontcourt ( Dirk,chandler is as elite as it gets, PERFECT FRontcourt mix of reliable offense and defense)

stop underrating the fuq outta your 2011 Mavs. they were great and while not the most talented maybe, they were built nearly perfect.

and the Thunder are a little flawed but not much. thexy have a Frontcourt that provides good and sometimes elite defense. shotblocking is there.
    lack in reliable post scoring but thats that.
    Miami has none of these things and just repeated.
    Westbrook is better than post 2011 Wade so if Durant is as good as you guys say, NO excuses.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0

Westbricks blessing and curse is this: he always plays with the same motor, the same aggressiveness. he will attack the rim and take his shots aggressively EVERY GAME.
    most of the time that is good but when you are on a stacked team like the Thunder and have an alltime scoring talent like Durant playing next to you, you sometimes have to take a step back and set your teammates/ elite level teammate up and call plays for him.
    Westbrook never or very rarely does that. if he could learn he doesnt always have to be super aggressive he will be a scary SOB on the court

3-time NBA All-Star

I guess Charles and shaq are stupid for blaming westbrook because ISH said so. I guess OkC from no. 1 team to almost being no. 3 when westbrook came back is just a fluke. I guess Iverson, Marbury, Robertson being considered cancers are just flukes. I guess Kidd replacing Marbury which made new jersey being one of the biggest turnaround and making it to the finals is just a fluke.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    This...WB has his flaws, but he's asked to make a lot of shit happen when Durant is being pushed out of the play by Tony Allen for half the game.

But meh...losses happen...especially against a team like the Grizzlies. They are just good and you aren't sweeping them...

Actually its him trying more when OKC has proven he isn't needed on the team

NBA Superstar

Brooks's biggest mistake as a coach right now by far is his complete lack of trust for younger players and his overwhelming allegiance towards washed up veterans like Perkins, Fisher, and Butler.

Reggie Jackson has been with us all year playing like a legit 6MOY candidate and here we are in the playoffs and he's splitting minutes with Derek Fisher and getting 5-10 less minutes per game than Caron Butler....

Steven Adams in the final 10 games of the season shot 60% from the field, rebounded and defended well, yet only got 14 MPG. Here we are in the playoffs and he's only in the rotation as a guy getting 3-5 sporadic minutes a night and getting pulled instantly for one mistake.

As soon as Kendrick Perkins made that easy ass putback to send the game to OT, I knew we were ****ed because that meant rather than making the correct choice and going small for all 5 minutes of OT we were gonna stupidly reward Perkins with 5 minutes for that shot alone and get beat while playing 4v5 on offense.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    no shot vs the Heat if they play in the finals. Durant and Westbrook isoing against the heat plays right into their hands. Thunder =low iq basketball at it's finest lol. When you take into consideration that Durant and Westbrook are not as eff on raw Fg% as Lebron and Wade, I see the heat taking the series in 5 games even without homecourt

Westbrook and Durant are all volume and no eff especially when they are getting their edd padded by FT's

Great college starter

I hope Thunder make the Finals vs heat, Thunder would be quick and easy work for the heat