Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mitch Kupchak on lottery pick: "There's a possibility we may trade it"

after the embiid injury there was no point in keeping it anyways. no one is a game changer.

Default Re: Mitch Kupchak on lottery pick: "There's a possibility we may trade it"

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    after the embiid injury there was no point in keeping it anyways. no one is a game changer.
    You mean, There will be no more game-changing players left when it's gonna be the Lakers' turn to pick

Lakers honestly should go full into rebuild mode. I can say with 100% certainty that there is nothing short of getting Lebron that they can do this offseason to contend next year. Unless Spurs, OKC, Houston, LAC, Portland (young team with upside) all just fell off the face of the Earth of course.

Keep the pick and try luck in the draft. Unless the pick is for cousins. F*ck Kevin love..

Mitch seems have no idea what he's doing. I would only do it if Lakers can't get a top 5.

would boston wat it for rondo?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Lakers honestly should go full into rebuild mode. I can say with 100% certainty that there is nothing short of getting Lebron that they can do this offseason to contend next year. Unless Spurs, OKC, Houston, LAC, Portland (young team with upside) all just fell off the face of the Earth of course.
    At least you're not trying to troll or post hate comments this time.

The rebuilding window took a huge hit when Lakers gave Kobe that ridiculous contract. Nick Young getting hot in Utah so that no one in the draft will replace his spot in the Lakers made it even worse.

We were supposed to get excited the next season, since the Lakers had some crazy cap flexibility, but it's pushed back another year, and this time with Kobe having 25m contract

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Love hasn't got the heart of a Laker

Kevin Love won't bring the Lakers anywhere

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    I may be wrong but I don't see that happening. Recent years has seen the team sign a huge television deal and basically be the focal point of a network (TWC Sports). While the Lakers will have name value no matter what, this season has shown that the ratings aren't going to stay with a sub par team.

What I'm saying is that this beyond basketball but a business. The Lakers have the pressure of being a winning franchise and the fanbase isn't going to settle for less. Do I always agree with that? I don't but it's the honest truth. This team didn't want to tank, including management, on purpose to get a high draft pick. There's a lot of pride there and the Lakers have never really built through the draft before. Their last major pick up was Bynum but trades have been their focal point. I don't know if I see this happening but a little insight there into why I don't feel that there will be a rebuilding window.

I'd be all for a full rebuild if the Lakers had their 1st rounder next year. The pick the Lakers traded to the suns is unprotected, right? I certainty don't want them trading this year's pick, tho.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    I'd be all for a full rebuild if the Lakers had their 1st rounder next year. The pick the Lakers traded to the suns is unprotected, right? I certainty don't want them trading this year's pick, tho.
    it's protected

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...ure/Lakers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    damn, now that's tempting. too much of a gamble tho and you know Kobe isn't going for it.