Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Greg Oden *****s/doubters?

13 games he is avg 15.4 10rbs 3.6blks as a freshman. Keep an eye on him in March.
    Last edited by GOBB; 01-29-2007 at 01:28 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Re: Where are the Oden haters/doubters?

The kid is impressive and I look forward to seeing him play in the NBA and if he can compete at that level...

College superstar

and playing without total use of his dominant hand

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

The issue some have with Oden isn't his production for OSU. It's the fact that he's never shown any of the skill many are claiming he has.

Isn't he still playing one handed?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease BlackMoses's Avatar

Oden's been great, this wasn't unexpected though. The college game is not big man friendly stat-wise in recent years. NCAA is definitely a guards/wings game.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    The issue some have with Oden isn't his production for OSU. It's the fact that he's never shown any of the skill many are claiming he has.
    Maybe i gotta read what they are reading. Because i knew Oden wasnt Tim Duncan or Hakeem in the low post. I just knew he had a soft touch around the rim. I never really read articles or peoples outlook on the kid during his media hype honestly. Just watch him in those HS games on TV, vids in HS and college games. Just go off that.

What skills were being said he has that he hasnt shown? Cuz i know nbadraft.net has him down as Drob. And i laughed at that when they first put him on their site. He's not as agile as Drob nor does he have the range and ability to put it on the floor. Drob could put it on the floor just enough to get his shot off. Eh

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

he is living up to the expectations so far but still has a long way to go before being dominant.

If he can stay for another year and become pretty dominant at the end, he'd be the nastiest thing out of college since Tim Duncan.

hater? no. Do i think durant is and will continue to be better? yes. Not a knock on oden though.

rank sentamentalist

I don't know much about the guy, so can someone fill me in on his current situation? Is it fairly likely that he'll come out this year, or are most thinking he's going to stay another year in college?

I don't think anyone could tell you with any confidence either way right now. He's been a defensive monster but has a broken? shooting? hand since before the start of the season.

Banned

i just hope he stays in college for another year or 2

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    I don't know much about the guy, so can someone fill me in on his current situation? Is it fairly likely that he'll come out this year, or are most thinking he's going to stay another year in college?
    Who knows...even if he was avg 20 and 20 he could stay another year. Reports and from his mouth? He's staying. But when the draft nears and endorsements are thrown at him with hefty $$$ signs he could bite.

His shooting hand has been in a cast for a long time. Its a soft one now i believe. Gives him more movement then before where he was simply limited and had to shoot left handed especially during FT's. So maybe he stays another year or two even. This bastard could stay 3-4yrs.

Only guy i know who would bolt is Durant. And he said he is glad he is in college because he would have blew all his money if he were a rookie in the NBA. Basically saying he would have been finacially irresponsible.

Maybe the mods should change the title of your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops

Reminder: Constantly talking about 'haters' and 'groupies' is just as bad as

actually BEING an irrational, ridiculously biased "hater" or "groupie"

Don't talk about them

Don't be one

Just be a regular, honest, intelligent fan with a main goal of having good

basketball conversations

Not airballing my layups anymore garytalarino's Avatar

I wouldn't call myself an Oden hater, but definitely a doubter. If I had the #1 pick (and didn't have to draft based on needs aka best available), I'd take Durant. Oden could be the next Duncan, but is more likely the next Camby. An excellent defender, and not much on the offensive end outside of offensive rebound putbacks (it took Camby a while to get that consistent 18 footer in his game).

Durant is a game changer both ends. If Oden is a 15-12-4 NBA player, I'd rather have Durant at 25-10-2. I watch Durant play, and I think of a Marion-McGrady hybrid. Duncan was just so feared at Wake, you could always see it coming. And the way draft picks are under the microscope these days, Oden just doesn't seem like he's going to develop the offensive game quick enough, unless he does the smart thing and stays in school until he's at least a sophomore, if not a junior. Then he'd be worth the #1 pick.