Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #61
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Default Re: looking back at the mark jackson prediction from 2006. the world laughed. he didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Everything is about combination. MVP's, FMVP's, peak, statistics, memorable moments and with a guy like MJ? Marketing helped ALOT. Russell should have a case for being GOAT, just like Kareem should. They really don't in the general public tho.

Kobe IMO is a tier below GOAT candidates. At no point during the '00 were we ever like wow were watching the greatest basketball player of all time. With Kobe at 34 years old now? Nobody was like holy shit we could be watching the greatest basketball player ever. He's an All-Time great, one of the best to ever play and everyone see's that.

Won't ever be the consensus GOAT. I personally don't think he'll ever be in the consideration either. Today's generation is still in love with Jordan. Old heads will always love themselves Kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell etc. Kobe falls in with Shaq\Duncan.

seriousy..where have you been?

- People have been saying Kobe was on par to MJ and maybe better since 01'...

- memorable moments?.Kobe has the most memorable moment of his generation...to go along with all the other gret ones ( 2000 comeback , 42 in 1 hlf 62 in 3 , "the floater" over Dwight in the Finals etc...)

- maybe out in Denver y'all can't recgnize...but here in Cali we have been recognizing maybe the GOAT for awhile now.(China too BTW )

- If Kobe wins1 - 2 more titles....just watch......

@Shaq and Duncan.....54% baby!54% baby!54% baby!
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #62
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Default Re: looking back at the mark jackson prediction from 2006. the world laughed. he didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
And nobody is "alleging" that Shaq is Top 2 like the OP is either. Didn't we just have a series of Threads about this crap? Shouldn't you be happy your boy jumped 2 full places from 2 months ago on all-time lists doing absolutely nothing?

you mean "according to ISH"...

Kobe jumped into Top 10 in 09'....easily 5 - 7 right now
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #63
kennethgriffin
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
Gtfo wat year was Kobe surpose to win MVP and how is Kobe better then Magic

magic lost nearly as many finals as hes won

he never played defense

he only dominated for maybe 9 years at most

kobes won 5 out of 7 finals

kobe has the all time most all defensive first team awards to go along with his seperior offensive game, athleticism, peak, and longevity

magic needed 5 other HOF'rs just to win 1 title .. let alone all 5

kobe won 2 of his 5 with just 1 other allstar ( pau gasol ) who is barely top 100 all time

kobe was the best player in 2003... best stats on a contending team by far

2006 he was by far and away mvp

2007 he was also by far and away mvp

and in 2009... he had 1 less win than lebron. could have stole away mvp if they factored in how easy it was for cleveland against eastern competition

if the media loved kobe the way they did nash... i'm sure any of those years they would have found a way to vote for him.

but they didnt. they hated him. theyre already mailing in their lebron votes for 2012-13 ... have you taken a look at the espn front page?

this is the difference between a media darling and a media outcast
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #64
The Iron Fist
Great college starter

Quote:
And he has the MVPs to back that claim up. One in 16 years by an alleged "Top 2" is pathetic as hell.
What then do you call the guy who won just one, as the supposed most dominant ever?
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #65
rzp
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
What then do you call the guy who won just one, as the supposed most dominant ever?

cuz he was supposed to win 2 or 3 more, and Kobe not
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:47 AM   #66
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVWFIGhD980

"kobe bryant will go down as the greatest player that has ever lived"

back then they all mocked him for saying it. but how amazing is it that mark predicted that same kid who ( at the time ) had 3 rings, 0 mvps, 0 finals mvps and was on a team with kwame brown and smush parker would end up being put in a position to be argued as the greatest ever

now he has the best chance out of anyone to grab a 6th title this year with a 3rd finals mvp and be atleast in the conversation with mike

and think about it... 3 years with howard/nash/pau

hes getting atleast 1... thats for sure ( i'l bet 10 grand on it )

that being said. theres a 99.9% chance of mark jackson coming out one day and saying

"i told you so"

bow down to the great mark nostradamus jackson

TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:24 AM   #67
Horatio33
Winning>Stats

kobe was sidekick to Shaq for his first 3 rings. He was never said to be as good or better than MJ in 2001.

kobestans keep making these threads saying "kobe is as good as MJ" when they are the only ones saying it. Is he top ten. Yes. Top two? No.
Horatio33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:07 AM   #68
DJ Leon Smith
Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
seriousy..where have you been?

- memorable moments?.Kobe has the most memorable moment of his generation...

That's true. Giving up a 24-point first-half lead at home in the NBA Finals was probably the most memorable moment we've had in some time. Thanks for the memories, Kobe.
DJ Leon Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #69
Legends66NBA7
Dinosaurs live again

Purely preference on "GOAT" is what I've come to realize... at least on here. That quote by Jackson was more hype than anything. The man's a salesman for ESPN.

If you haven't noticed, there have been a lot of ex-NBA players saying so and so isn't GOAT (Jackson, John Salley... I believe Greg Anthony said it too) in favor of current player (Kobe, LeBron, etc...).

Quote:
in 20 years kobe will be forgotten

A shame, if it happens.

Quote:
And nobody is "alleging" that Shaq is Top 2

I don't know why people wouldn't. I would... I mean, I could make the case for it. Why shouldn't Shaq be #2 ?
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #70
maybeshewill13
**** u Perkins u ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
position to be argued as the greatest ever

trollololololol

Biggest Kobe stan/troll at it again. Second biggest also here to stroke his d***
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #71
strifed169
Local High School Star

If the opportunity ever presented itself I would seriously agree to Kobe-stan genocide, real talk
strifed169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #72
Nevaeh
National High School Star

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
Purely preference on "GOAT" is what I've come to realize... at least on here. That quote by Jackson was more hype than anything. The man's a salesman for ESPN.

Exactly.

Quote:
If you haven't noticed, there have been a lot of ex-NBA players saying so and so isn't GOAT (Jackson, John Salley... I believe Greg Anthony said it too) in favor of current player (Kobe, LeBron, etc...).

And Ironically enough, all three of these guys got their asses waxed by Jordan at some point in their careers, all in the Playoffs no less.

Quote:
A shame, if it (Kobe being forgotten) happens.

J-Money's still writing ISH biographies for Wilt. Kobe's not going anywhere, he'll just be considered a part of a "weak era" where players couldn't shoot worth a damn, and smoked weed all day.

Quote:
I don't know why people wouldn't. I would... I mean, I could make the case for it. Why shouldn't Shaq be #2 ?

2 words: Free Throws

Been a while since I quoted you Ledge, keep it up.
Nevaeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #73
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #74
LakersReign
Banned

Quote:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention Kobe having the biggest ratio of retarded fans as well. That alone keeps him from ever sniffing "top 2".

This, from an OBVIOUS undercover Lebron fan, PRETENDING to be a Jordan fan, cuz he(nevaeh) CLEARLY doesn't have the balls to rep Lebron straight up? Yeah...you(nevaeh) really would know all about being ret**ded(nevaeh)....wouldn't you?
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: