Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 76er fans; Saric Interview; Could Come Over Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Ok lets take care of all of this right now.

Embiid won't be dream good next year after not having played for 1.5 years.

MCW's jumpshot may improve but it won't be good.

Who knows what they're going to do in this draft having two picks. Doesn't mean that they don't take another Saric or turn those picks into more picks. Even then, there aren't that many first round picks contributing for anyone this year so the possibility of having two contribute on the same team is extremely low.

KJ is on a one year deal and there's no guarantee that he's coming back because there will be plenty of interest from other teams. Grant although he's playing better right now is a borderline NBA player and Covington while better is at best an 8th guy on a good team (as of now).

Hinike will not sign anyone next year. Where are you going to get "a couple of shooters" from? There is a shortage of two things in the NBA, shooting and bigs. Why does a marginal player like Jodie Meeks get a contract like he got? Because he can shoot. I assure you that not only would Hinkie not lock himself in to two contracts like that, he won't lock himself into any. He's building this team from the bottom up and wants to maintain maximum cap flexibility and will not sign any big or even middle of the road free agents. He has said so himself. There's no way that he signs two guys to contracts the year before the salary cap increases just to "make the playoffs" one year. His vision is long term and patient.

It's not impossible for the sixers to make the playoffs next year but it is highly unlikely.
    Can't really argue with most of your points. Most of what you said is the likeliest possibility.. However, this is why you play the games. Look at the Hawks, did any sane "expert" predict them to be a powerhouse team this year with that roster?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but a couple of brakes or breakthroughs here and there could totally change most of what you said. Yes, Embiid is not likely to suddenly put Dream- like numbers right away, but what if he does? How will that affect the team? And what type of pressure will Philly fans put on the front office to make a move for free agents to win sooner than expected?

Again, not likely, but it can be in the conversation as possibilities.
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 01-17-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Can't really argue with most of your points. Most of what you said is the likeliest possibility.. However, this is why you play the games. Look at the Hawks, did any sane "expert" predict them to be a powerhouse team this year with that roster?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but a couple of brakes or breakthroughs here and there could totally change most of what you said. Yes, Embiid is not likely to suddenly put Dream like numbers right away, but what if he does? How will that affect the team? And what type of pressure will Philly fans put on the front office to make a move for free agents to win sooner than expected?

Again, not likely, but it can be in the conversation as possibilities.
    Where do you live? If you listen to sports radio in Philly people call in bitching all the time about the Sixers not winning. First of all, the Sixers are an afterthought here and always were. When Barkley's team was in the playoffs they didn't sellout. The year. AI went to the finals not all the games sold out. Philly loves the Eagles. In addition, the Sixers ownership has been very clear that they have a plan and they will not deviate from that plan regardless of what fans may want them to do. They are not apologetic and have said that this is what they are doing and they are doing it for the future. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is no chance that the Sixers' from office would succumb to any type of fan pressure.

Hakeem averaged 20pts and 12rbs in his rookie year. Even if Embiid can do that ( which is unlikely after not having played for 1.5 years), it's not going to make them a playoff team. They are not in a win now mood. They won't even entertain signing free agents for at least two years so their just not going to do anything extra to make the playoffs next year. If they do, they'll view it as a step in the right direction but they will not be making any changes/signings to make sure they get to the playoffs. It's not where they are as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Where do you live? If you listen to sports radio in Philly people call in bitching all the time about the Sixers not winning. First of all, the Sixers are an afterthought here and always were. When Barkley's team was in the playoffs they didn't sellout. The year. AI went to the finals not all the games sold out. Philly loves the Eagles. In addition, the Sixers ownership has been very clear that they have a plan and they will not deviate from that plan regardless of what fans may want them to do. They are not apologetic and have said that this is what they are doing and they are doing it for the future. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is no chance that the Sixers' from office would succumb to any type of fan pressure.

Hakeem averaged 20pts and 12rbs in his rookie year. Even if Embiid can do that ( which is unlikely after not having played for 1.5 years), it's not going to make them a playoff team. They are not in a win now mood. They won't even entertain signing free agents for at least two years so their just not going to do anything extra to make the playoffs next year. If they do, they'll view it as a step in the right direction but they will not be making any changes/signings to make sure they get to the playoffs. It's not where they are as a team.
    Born and raised in the Wilmington, Delaware area, but I travel the world a lot now. And I know Philly is a football/baseball town. I remember watching the 82 76ers and very rarely were they sold out, even during the playoffs.

Anyway, you seem to have a good reading of Hinkie and his intentions. I, for one, am not too sure. I still listen to WIP when possible and most fans are skeptical to say the least of 76ers ownership/management, but a hard core select group are okay with the tanking. It is this group that is the most informed. I'm generally a supporter of Hinkie, but it is okay to question him occasionally.

If this rebuilding plan can be compared to a war, then not everything will go according to plan, and Hinkie and the 76ers will have to make adjustments on the fly at some point. This, I guarantee you, will happen.
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 01-17-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Born and raised in the Wilmington, Delaware area, but I travel the world a lot now. And I know Philly is a football/baseball town. I remember watching the 82 76ers and very rarely were they sold out, even during the playoffs.

Anyway, you seem to have a good reading of Hinkie and his intentions. I, for one, am not too sure. I still listen to WIP when possible and most fans are skeptical to say the least of 76ers ownership/management, but a hard core select group are okay with the tanking. It is this group that is the most informed. I'm generally a supporter of Hinkie, but it is okay to question him occasionally.

If this rebuilding plan can be compared to a war, then not everything will go according to plan, and Hinkie and the 76ers will have to make adjustments on the fly at some point. This, I guarantee you, will happen.
    Me too

Where did you go to high school and when did ou graduate?