Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 76er fans; Saric Interview; Could Come Over Next Season

I found this cool interview posted a couple of days ago by a Croatian-76er fan who translated the interview. Here's the link:

http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/1...th-dario-saric

Some highlights:

Was it a mistake to go to Efes, should you have joined the 'big boys' immediately?

' It is hard to say, we will be smarter when my episode here is finished, and yet we may never know what will happen.'

How long do you plan to be playing in Efes before marching the, "Streets of Philadelphia"? There is no secret that people from the Sixers regularly come to Istanbul, Dario is marked with a thick red marker pen as a part of the foundation of a better future for the triple NBA champion...

'A difficult question to which there is no concrete answer. That is, it is impossible to predict. After the end of the season we will sit down and see if it's time for another year in Istanbul or the time of transition to the United States has come. It is impossible to predict my own future at this time..'

Other highlights:

What would be a magnificent undertaking ahead of any possible departure to the NBA. However, to Philadelphia 76ers, the worst team in the league. For a player-winner, and not some great perspective ...

'I wouldn't agree with that, maybe it is a plus of some sort, there is a space there waiting for me, a position and a role on the team. That is what is waiting for me. And that makes me happy. In my opinion it is a team for the future, because there are also teams that play bad, but they don't have the guys for the future. Precisely because of that I do not see the Sixers as the worst team in the league.'

So the 76ers could have 2 first round picks(1 lottery), Joel Embiid, and Dario Saric join them next season.

Playoffs? Not out of the picture.
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 01-16-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Default Re: 76er fans; Saric Interview; Could Come Over Next Season

Noel 17, 11, 2, 2, and 5 blocks vs. N.O. last night. MCW had a great game too. Could Saric coming over next season push them to become a playoff team?

Nice. Was just thinking I wanted an update of Saric.

Another article I found from last month:

http://upsidemotor.com/2014/12/22/ph...december-2014/

Some highlights from the article:

- Efes’ head-coach has utilized Saric as a stretch-four
    - First step is not at all explosive at the highest level of European ball
    - Saric leads both the Euroleague and the Turkish league in assist-rate among power forwards
    - As a scorer, Saric gets most of his points within close range.
    - He doesn’t have a jump-hook or a fadeaway jump-shot to rely on
    - Saric has struggled badly from three-point range, though. He has always been merely capable but has regressed this season.
    - Saric has been a more positive presence. It’s noticeable how hard he plays. (...) Saric defends on the ball with a lot of effort, getting on his stance and using his lateral quickness to stay in front of opposing power forwards

Not doing fantastic, but showing improvement. Last time I read his scout report I was worried about his teamplay/attitude and defense, which seem to have improved significantly.

Obviously I want to see him in a 76ers uniform soon, but the team isn't in a rush to start winning so I guess we'll have to wait and see if he comes next season or not.

Banned

just trying to be helpful here: don't take anything he says seriously until he's in a sixers jersey

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Noel 17, 11, 2, 2, and 5 blocks vs. N.O. last night. MCW had a great game too. Could Saric coming over next season push them to become a playoff team?
    No, there's no way they will make the playoffs next year but that's ok. If they won 28 games that would be huge. The year after that they could be closer to the 8th seed or so. Be realistic. It's ok to be realistic about a team even when they are your favorite team.

[QUOTE=artificial]Nice. Was just thinking I wanted an update of Saric.

- Efes

[QUOTE=artificial]Nice. Was just thinking I wanted an update of Saric.

- Efes

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    No, there's no way they will make the playoffs next year but that's ok. If they won 28 games that would be huge. The year after that they could be closer to the 8th seed or so. Be realistic. It's ok to be realistic about a team even when they are your favorite team.
    You're probably right, but it will depend on how good Embiid will be. What if he's the Dream good? I mean, you never know.

What is Saric's ceiling? Lamar Odom? Diaw?

You're probably right, but it will depend on how good Embiid will be. What if he's the Dream good? I mean, you never know.
    Even if Embiid is Dream-good, he still would have no one to play with him. Who outside Noel and MCW do you think the Sixers could count on to make a playoff push? Saric isn't going to average 18ppg+ right off the bat.

As a fellow Sixer fan I hate to say this, but playoffs are out of question next year, even if Embiid is the second coming of Olajuwon and Saric turns out to be Tony Kukoc (and joins the team).

And surprisingly, that is not a bad thing -to me-. I was tired of the Sixers being a borderline playoff team. At least playoffs are out of the picture for 2 years, and the team is steadily re-constructing.

Quote Originally Posted by artificial
    Even if Embiid is Dream-good, he still would have no one to play with him. Who outside Noel and MCW do you think the Sixers could count on to make a playoff push? Saric isn't going to average 18ppg+ right off the bat.

As a fellow Sixer fan I hate to say this, but playoffs are out of question next year, even if Embiid is the second coming of Olajuwon and Saric turns out to be Tony Kukoc (and joins the team).

And surprisingly, that is not a bad thing -to me-. I was tired of the Sixers being a borderline playoff team. At least playoffs are out of the picture for 2 years, and the team is steadily re-constructing.
    How many wins did the Hawks need to get in last season as the 8th seed? 37 or 38?

I'm not sure, but if Embiid is Dream good, Noel is a defensive nightmare for other teams, MCW has improved his jump shot after his 1st off season where he can work on his shot(he was injured last off season), 2 more 1st round picks can contribute, KJ and Grant and Covington improve and gain experience, and if Hinkie signs a couple of shooters, it's still not possible?

All I'm saying is that its in the realm of possibility.

He's not going to be that his first year after not having played basketball for 1.5 years. So I can say with a pretty good degree of certainty that he won't be that next year. So it's very doubtful they make the playoffs.

How many wins did the Hawks need to get in last season as the 8th seed? 37 or 38?

I'm not sure, but if Embiid is Dream good, Noel is a defensive nightmare for other teams, MCW has improved his jump shot after his 1st off season where he can work on his shot(he was injured last off season), 2 more 1st round picks can contribute, KJ and Grant and Covington improve and gain experience, and if Hinkie signs a couple of shooters, it's still not possible?

All I'm saying is that its in the realm of possibility.
    Ok lets take care of all of this right now.

Embiid won't be dream good next year after not having played for 1.5 years.

MCW's jumpshot may improve but it won't be good.

Who knows what they're going to do in this draft having two picks. Doesn't mean that they don't take another Saric or turn those picks into more picks. Even then, there aren't that many first round picks contributing for anyone this year so the possibility of having two contribute on the same team is extremely low.

KJ is on a one year deal and there's no guarantee that he's coming back because there will be plenty of interest from other teams. Grant although he's playing better right now is a borderline NBA player and Covington while better is at best an 8th guy on a good team (as of now).

Hinike will not sign anyone next year. Where are you going to get "a couple of shooters" from? There is a shortage of two things in the NBA, shooting and bigs. Why does a marginal player like Jodie Meeks get a contract like he got? Because he can shoot. I assure you that not only would Hinkie not lock himself in to two contracts like that, he won't lock himself into any. He's building this team from the bottom up and wants to maintain maximum cap flexibility and will not sign any big or even middle of the road free agents. He has said so himself. There's no way that he signs two guys to contracts the year before the salary cap increases just to "make the playoffs" one year. His vision is long term and patient.

It's not impossible for the sixers to make the playoffs next year but it is highly unlikely.

Other things Saric said:

"Saric for Sports News: 'I will never get tired of working to put the NBA ring on my hand, never!'"

'The crown of my career? Remove the USA from the throne of the world and climb it with the Croatian team, that is what I am living for.'

So some have been skeptical if he would even come to the NBA, this pretty much puts this to rest. Pretty ambitious guy, if you ask me. He won't be contented playing for 2nd best in international basketball or playing in the 2nd best league in the world.

He still has more developing to do. I don't want to see him next season. Plus his rookie deal doesn't kick in until he reaches here. So stay over there another season, two more if possible.