Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Carmelo and Knicks marriage over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    With all the cap space that the Knicks knew they were going have, you sometimes roll the dice and sign a Carmelo type player/deal in hopes of doing well in FA.

They've whiffed so far.
    I get that, but I think they would have had a better shot at getting really good with getting young pieces from Chicago last year. They tanked anyway and could have landed Towns if things broke the right way. Then have 3 max slots open in 2016.

But Phil's not in this for the long haul anyway. Wants to dip out in 2 years

I rule the local playground

jeannie buss may cowgirl him into the grave by next season

I see Carmelo as a somewhat souped up Cliff Robinson so its hard to be disappointed with him.

Pressure from Dolan to keep his star is what I believed led to the signing. A resigned Phil shrugs and says to himself "alright - we'll make him decide himself". Signs Porzingis, lays off big money free agents. Think NY tried really hard to go after any of the better talent?

I won't grouse. Afflalo and Lopez... work in the new draftees and target FA's for 2016. At least they're gonna be a taller lot. 25 wins at best.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I'm offering all the cap space, kitchen sink, stocks, rename the Garden to his name to Kevin Durant next Summer.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Orlando

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Pressure from Dolan to keep his star is what I believed led to the signing. A resigned Phil shrugs and says to himself "alright - we'll make him decide himself". Signs Porzingis, lays off big money free agents. Think NY tried really hard to go after any of the better talent?

I won't grouse. Afflalo and Lopez... work in the new draftees and target FA's for 2016. At least they're gonna be a taller lot. 25 wins at best.
    You're smoking some good stuff, Lopez and Afflalo are upgrades over what they had in 2013 plus they still have about 8m to get someone else even if it's on a 1 yr deal they could do something. This will be a .500 team at least if they stay relatively healthy.

Calderon
    Afflalo
    Melo
    Some PF they hire with the rest of the money
    Lopez

The rookies off of the bench.
    If they stay healthy I can see the Knicks in the playoffs next season. Remember: It's the East.

Quote Originally Posted by kunk75
    he's like playing along kobe without the rings, talent, heart, drive and rape

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    You're smoking some good stuff, Lopez and Afflalo are upgrades over what they had in 2013 plus they still have about 8m to get someone else even if it's on a 1 yr deal they could do something. This will be a .500 team at least if they stay relatively healthy.
    I'm aiming low. I've been a fan for years. You think I'll complain if they get to 500? Don't get me wrong; I'm all about the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I'm aiming low. I've been a fan for years. You think I'll complain if they get to 500? Don't get me wrong; I'm all about the colors.
    Ignore him. He's not a Knicks fan, he's a Melo stan. Had no idea they existed till I came across him.

Best case scenario, Melo wants off the team by this year's trade deadline. And then they can rebuild from scratch. They will be without their pick, but hopefully get a nice pick or 2 for Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Ignore him. He's not a Knicks fan, he's a Melo stan. Had no idea they existed till I came across him.

Best case scenario, Melo wants off the team by this year's trade deadline. And then they can rebuild from scratch. They will be without their pick, but hopefully get a nice pick or 2 for Melo.
    Building from scratch takes at least 5 years. Look at the 76ers, we still don't know when they'll start playing like a real team.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Building from scratch takes at least 5 years. Look at the 76ers, we still don't know when they'll start playing like a real team.
    When you win 17 games, there are no shortcuts. I'd love for the Knicks to win with Melo being here...but I don't see that happening with him already in his 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    When you win 17 games, there are no shortcuts. I'd love for the Knicks to win with Melo being here...but I don't see that happening with him already in his 30s.
    Celtics went from 26 wins to nba championship, similar situation too Pierce and Melo both missed a lot of time and their team was complete trash without them.