Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Wade agrees to one year deal with Heat

good salary for 50 total games and 15 where he plays defense

The Holy Trinity

I guess he played this right after all. I was annoyed that he wasn't just gonna play out his contract and use this season to prove that he deserves a big chunk of the TV money next year. But, now he still has the opportunity to do that... plus an extra $4 million.

And he'll get a sweet multi-year deal in 2016 if he takes the Heat on a run next year (because, make no mistake, unless LMA is in the house-- which I don't even know what that's about-- he's still far and away the Heat's best player heading into next season). And on paper, the Heat are the second best team in the East now, so he's well set up to do it.

The interesting thing is that he still, in a sense, took less money. Because if he held firm in demanding a 1-year max at $23.5 million, Miami would have caved, even if Mickey had to take a tax hit.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeBronJames
    D-Wade is not worth $20 mil.
    You not even worth $20 bum, stop pocketwatching like a broad

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

Isn't $20m something you pay a prime Shaq?

inflation is the bitch

Magic Johnson

I don't think this is the end of the Wade-Heat drama. Would not be surprised to see him leave next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I don't think this is the end of the Wade-Heat drama. Would not be surprised to see him leave next summer.
    No. Wade isn't going anywhere, and realistically he never was. The whole point of the one year deal is to give the Heat cap flexibility next year. It will essentially amount to a front-loaded 3 year deal. There's no doubt his next contract has been discussed and a plan is likely already in place. This is a great outcome for both Wade and the organization.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    No. Wade isn't going anywhere, and realistically he never was. The whole point of the one year deal is to give the Heat cap flexibility next year. It will essentially amount to a front-loaded 3 year deal. There's no doubt his next contract has been discussed and a plan is likely already in place. This is a great outcome for both Wade and the organization.
    We'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    This. under this current cap situation, Miami should have looked to lock him up longer to avoid the drama. However come next year, it's going to be the same madness again and this time Wade will be more than seriously offended as Riley is chasing KD and the remaining cap is being allocated his way.

Maybe Wade is on board with being given the scraps after a KD landing, but who knows...Miami basically bought themselves a year to avoid this possibly getting ugly.

As for the front loaded and overall 3yr deal mentioned by GrapeApe...that can certainly be very true too...but he's going to be offended again as the Heat have about half what they have him this year to re-up him if they land s superstar. The difference from the initial offering and now is the $4mil gain over this coming year...was that really the compensation he was looking for, because it's quite far from the $60m over 3yrs he's expecting...about $20m off

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    This. under this current cap situation, Miami should have looked to lock him up longer to avoid the drama. However come next year, it's going to be the same madness again and this time Wade will be more than seriously offended as Riley is chasing KD and the remaining cap is being allocated his way.

Maybe Wade is on board with being given the scraps after a KD landing, but who knows...Miami basically bought themselves a year to avoid this possibly getting ugly.

As for the front loaded and overall 3yr deal mentioned by GrapeApe...that can certainly be very true too...but he's going to be offended again as the Heat have about half what they have him this year to re-up him if they land s superstar. The difference from the initial offering and now is the $4mil gain over this coming year...was that really the compensation he was looking for, because it's quite far from the $60m over 3yrs he's expecting...about $20m off
    I have no idea where you're getting $60m/3yrs from. 95% of the rumors and speculation out there are complete bullshit. I personally think the whole "being offended" thing was/is completely overblown. I don't buy into media narratives and I don't like to speculate in the absence of facts. Sports media is nearing tabloid status. Then you have people trying to analyze, interpret, and decode every tweet, quote, instagram photo, etc. It's absurd.

When the dust settles, Wade will in all likelihood be fininshing his career in Miami under mutually beneficial terms.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 07-03-2015 at 02:38 PM.