Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Wade agrees to one year deal with Heat

Looks like Gabby is getting eaten out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    He was too great to not get this type of offer. Letting him walk would've been an insult to him and the game.
    Key word ^

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Bobby Marks ‏@BobbyMarks42 7m7 minutes ago
    Wade deal is a huge coup for MIA. Gives them a strong nucleus this year and the flexibility to add next year ($36m+ in cap space).
    Bring on KD!!!

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    Bosh will play C...he's done it before, but Whiteside goes to the bench which I hate but for the sacrifice of landing LMA...I'm for it. We just unload a bunch of role players...which was already in the plans to be done by the trade deadline

Bosh
    LMA
    Justise
    Wade
    Dragon

Bench: Whiteside, UD, Shabazz, Walker + vet mins

Certainly bird, mcbob, rio and Deng are on the s&t to the blazers
    Portland won't take Bird/McRoberts/Chalmers/Deng for LMA I bet. Swap out McBob for Winslow and you got a deal. Then, Portland tanks to land Ben Simmons. Watch them try to use their cap space next summer to sign Whiteside lol.

Lillard-Winslow-Simmons-Vonleh-Whiteside

1-year Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Portland won't take Bird/McRoberts/Chalmers/Deng for LMA I bet. Swap out McBob for Winslow and you got a deal. Then, Portland tanks to land Ben Simmons. Watch them try to use their cap space next summer to sign Whiteside lol.

Lillard-Winslow-Simmons-Vonleh-Whiteside

1-year Rebuild.

Well Rio, Bird and Deng all have a yr left on their deals...so expirers to The Blazers, and I don't think they'll say no to a replacement PF in McBob who has 2 yrs remaining and the 3rd being an option

You're not getting Justise tho lol

I thought he wanted a longer term deal? Doesn't this take them out of the running for any FA's unless they unload lots of salary? Doesn't it also take them into the luxury repeater tax?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    I thought he wanted a longer term deal? Doesn't this take them out of the running for any FA's unless they unload lots of salary? Doesn't it also take them into the luxury repeater tax?

him taking a hefty long term deal took us out the running. Him agreeing to one yr now allows us to be flexible next yr and have some serious cash to chase KD and re-up him to something small

Decent college freshman

Well Rio, Bird and Deng all have a yr left on their deals...so expirers to The Blazers, and I don't think they'll say no to a replacement PF in McBob who has 2 yrs remaining and the 3rd being an option

You're not getting Justise tho lol
    Teams don't take on 3 years of salary for a player they don't want to facilitate a S&T. You'd give up Winslow since you have no 1st round picks until the 2020s. Sure, McBob can be moved for nothing to the Knicks or something. Deng can be easily flipped. Only desperate teams would want Birdman or Chalmers. I demand Winslow if I'm Portland.

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

Teams don't take on 3 years of salary for a player they don't want to facilitate a S&T. You'd give up Winslow since you have no 1st round picks until the 2020s. Sure, McBob can be moved for nothing to the Knicks or something. Deng can be easily flipped. Only desperate teams would want Birdman or Chalmers. I demand Winslow if I'm Portland.
    i would think that's the exact reason why we would not want to trade Winslow. He was a top 10 pick and we have none til 2020. Wade isn't going to be playing that long, theyre looking at Winslow to be the Heat's replacement. might as well see if he can develop into a great player under Wade's tutelage during that time
    Last edited by Crimsonrain777; 07-02-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Riley is gonna say take or leave basically...and Blazers will bite bcuz LMA will force their hand. he's leaving and them saying no to something like the expirers and McBob would be dumb to just let him walk.

Either way, we are ECF contenders...LMA puts us over the edge but we'll just sit steady til KD is on the open market and our expirers are off the books if Portland plays dumb and doesn't accept our offers

This skeptic thing with Wade's deal is that no one just gives u a 1yr deal if they want you around for some time...and maybe this is an outlier but if they plan to land KD next summer, Wade is looking at a $8m per type offering at the most

So basically he played around to end up with the same if he re-ups with the Heat going forward as they initially asked him to opt in for $16m this season and a couple years at $10m per

$36mil over 3yrs on both scenarios. Smh

Decent college freshman

Riley is gonna say take or leave basically...and Blazers will bite bcuz LMA will force their hand. he's leaving and them saying no to something like the expirers and McBob would be dumb to just let him walk.

Either way, we are ECF contenders...LMA puts us over the edge but we'll just sit steady til KD is on the open market and our expirers are off the books if Portland plays dumb and doesn't accept our offers
    Agree to disagree We'll see what happens.

Agree to disagree We'll see what happens.

I just see it if we give up Winslow, and Deng...we are left chasing a vet min to play SF. So I think Riley stays firm if that's the case

And for Whiteside, Riley is loving his game and has touted him heavily since he emerged....I'd be pretty taken to see him send him off knowing he has him at less than $1m next season and can convince him to take a discount come next summer

I'm fine with the money, Wade still is good for ~22/5/5 on efficient shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Key word ^
    Mad.