Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: NBA is inferior to the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by L8krH8tr
    Hockey will always be a Canadian/russian type sport. Very Niche product. NFL has basically trounced on all other leagues.
    The biggest reason imo the NFL is so much more popular than the other sports is the one game a week format. If the NBA played a 16 game schedule, with games on Sunday, followed by 4 one and done playoff rounds on Saturday/Sunday, it would get very high ratings as well. As high as the NFL? Maybe not, but they would definitely be dramatically increased

NBA sixth man of the year

Hockey does not appeal to rednecks and southerners. That's a big difference.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    The biggest reason imo the NFL is so much more popular than the other sports is the one game a week format. If the NBA played a 16 game schedule, with games on Sunday, followed by 4 one and done playoff rounds on Saturday/Sunday, it would get very high ratings as well. As high as the NFL? Maybe not, but they would definitely be dramatically increased
    I think that's a large reason why March Madness is so huge. It's longer than the NFL playoffs, sure. But the one and done playoff system in conjunction with a relatively short schedule creates a huge amount of suspense, and the parity allows a lot of people to root for many different teams without even having an affiliation with them.

So you guys are saying less NBA games would help popularity? I mean they are doing baseball games to make them shorter. I like the 16 ranked teams for playoff change if that happens.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by L8krH8tr
    So you guys are saying less NBA games would help popularity? I mean they are doing baseball games to make them shorter. I like the 16 ranked teams for playoff change if that happens.
    There has been talk about shortening the NBA season to keep attention spans and also scale back injuries and fatigue. I highly doubt it actually happens though due to records and such.